Bluebear54's GPL 2017/18 Discussion Thread

Some GPL players have intimated that they would like to see some changes for next season.

If you have any suggestions, please post them and we can discuss them.

For reference, these are the current points and rules:

Correct score: 3 points

Correct Rangers first goalscorer: 2 points

Correct number of Rangers goals: 1 point

Correct result: 1 point

(These points are doubled for Scottish Cup games only - i.e. not League Cup matches)

First goalscorer (FGS) specific rules:

- FGS predictions are for first Rangers goal scorer and are valid even if the opposition score first.

- In the event of a correct 0-0 prediction, zero points will be awarded for a 'no FGS' prediction.

Cup game specific rules:

- Match predictions are for the whole match, whether or not that involves Extra Time.

- Penalty shoot-outs do not count for predictions in any way - either for FGS or result/score. This includes matches played in the new League Cup Group Stage.

Obvious time specific rules:

- Your match prediction will not be counted if your prediction is posted after the official kick-off time.

- Your whole match prediction (score & FGS) will be classed as completely VOID if you edit your prediction post after kick-off.

- If you forget to post a prediction, the prediction you posted for that match in the Full season predictions thread will be used on your behalf.

Rules for players on equal points in the standings table:

I've implemented a logical priority system for players on equal points which is based on the most difficult things to predict in order as follows:

- CS/Correct Score

- FGS/First Goal Scorer

- RG/Rangers Goals (number of)

- CR/Correct Result (W, L or D)

At the top and taking priority in the event of players on equal points totals, CS/Correct Score is the most difficult thing to predict, so that's essentially the equivalent of how GD/Goal Difference is used on a real football league table.

If players have equal points and have also predicted the same number of Correct Scores, then their tally for FGS/First Goal Scorer predictions comes next and so on as listed above.

Edited by Rousseau

I can agree with dropping the cup matches and keep it to league games only. But not massively worried about that.

But overall not much changes needed. Score line and first goalscorer for sure plus maybe correct amount of Rangers goals.

There was a suggestion earlier that only Rangers wins should be allowed - disagree with that. Having a punt on the odd away draw can gain points.

Edited by Gribz

No extra points for Scottish Cup games, make no sense. It's a league so each game should be equal.

That's understandable. I quite like the double points as it adds variety. Maybe all the cup games is a bit much, but perhaps just the Scottish Cup - or Europe? - this coming season?

That's understandable. I quite like the double points as it adds variety. Maybe all the cup games is a bit much, but perhaps just the Scottish Cup - or Europe? - this coming season?

Maybe double points for Europe as lets be honest, its an 'unknown quantity' this season

Maybe double points for Europe as lets be honest, its an 'unknown quantity' this season

It might be over before it's begun too... :ninja:

Edited by Rousseau