Bluebear54's GPL 2017/18 Discussion Thread

1. Have a cut-off of 90 mins before kick off for entries. I have used the edit mode myself when I hear the team sheet a few times but as this is not available to all players this should be even-handed.

2. 3 points for a Rangers win (if correctly predicted of course), 1 point for a draw, and feck all if we get gubbed. We should show solidarity with our team! It will also take away the negativity option of going for a draw or a defeat just to get points.

3. Cup games score the same as league games. A correct prediction is a correct prediction, no matter the competition that game comes from.

4. 2 Bonus points if you correctly get the jackpot of an exact match. If you predict a 3-1 Rangers win with Garner for FGS and that is exactly what happens, you should get a bonus for getting all components right in the one game.

5. 10 points off for anyone going for Miller for FGS - you are only doing it to wind me up!!

It looks like an entry cut-off time and scrapping double points are the two (serious) suggestions, thus far.

I don't think there is any need to change the point-scoring system, as even if we don't get the result we want we can still pick up points.

Edited by Rousseau

1. Have a cut-off of 90 mins before kick off for entries. I have used the edit mode myself when I hear the team sheet a few times but as this is not available to all players this should be even-handed.

2. 3 points for a Rangers win (if correctly predicted of course), 1 point for a draw, and feck all if we get gubbed. We should show solidarity with our team! It will also take away the negativity option of going for a draw or a defeat just to get points.

3. Cup games score the same as league games. A correct prediction is a correct prediction, no matter the competition that game comes from.

4. 2 Bonus points if you correctly get the jackpot of an exact match. If you predict a 3-1 Rangers win with Garner for FGS and that is exactly what happens, you should get a bonus for getting all components right in the one game.

5. 10 points off for anyone going for Miller for FGS - you are only doing it to wind me up!!

:clap:

As if anyone on here would do that.

And surely it's negative points for compo each time he goes for a 2-0 win for the opposition? (Especially if that then happens)

10 points off for anyone going for Miller for FGS - you are only doing it to wind me up!!

And 10 points to me for consistently choosing Garner as FGS. He's only missing to wind me up.

But I don't think we should be cutting it off 90 minutes before kick off since for one thing the team isn't even posted till an hour before kick off and for noon kick offs i'm up before 6am just to make that kick off. For a noon kick off I would need to get up before 4:30am just to make the cut off.