2017/18 fixture release day confirmed

The SPFL has today confirmed that the fixture lists for the 2017/18 league season, sponsored by Ladbrokes, will be published on Friday 23 June.

On that day the full fixture lists will be revealed for all 42 clubs across the Ladbrokes Premiership, Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2.

It will start the countdown to the opening fixtures of the 2017/18 league campaign which take place on the weekend of Saturday 5 August.

The announcement follows the news earlier this week that Ladbrokes has extended its title sponsorship of the SPFL for another season.

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: “The announcement of league fixtures for a new Scottish football season is the most keenly-anticipated moment of the close season and this year will be no different.

“While there is still plenty of drama to unfold this season, we’re pleased to be able to advise clubs and supporters of this key date ahead of the next league campaign, adding to the positive news of Ladbrokes’ continued support for Scottish football.”

Key dates for 2017/18

Opening fixtures - Weekend of Saturday 5 August, 2017

Premiership play-off final - Thursday 17 May 2018 and Sunday 20 May, 2018

(There is a contingency in place should a club be in both the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final and the Scottish Cup final)

Ladbrokes Premiership

Winter break - 1 January until 19 January 2018 (return for Scottish Cup R4)

Final fixture (R38) - Weekend of 12 & 13 May, 2018

Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2

Final fixture (R36) - Saturday 28 April 2018

Doncaster said: “The announcement of league fixtures for a new Scottish football season is the most keenly-anticipated moment of the close season and this year will be no different.

yeah never mind any potential new signings or the European fixtures, its this i'm looking forward to

I hope the SPFL have factored in ra Sellik's post-season tour of Japan?

We are moving into the tenth year of Peter's pledge; surely, he intends to fulfill this close season?

I am beginning to suspect Peter tells porkies! How's that pledge to find the culprit that hit Fernando Ricksen with a lighter going?

We are moving into the tenth year of Peter's pledge; surely, he intends to fulfill this close season?

I am beginning to suspect Peter tells porkies! How's that pledge to find the culprit that hit Fernando Ricksen with a lighter going?

I was just watching the Nacho interview on Rangers TV and when he speaks about that season you can see the anger in his face!

I actually know the wee pleb that did that! It was a guy I went to uni withs brother

Where possible I would love the first and the last matches to be derby matches for all teams if possible

I'm hoping for an opening day home game like last time. But not the same result as last time. Goes without saying the type of result I would prefer. I'm hoping we have played 6 Euro games by that time and made it into the Europa league play-off round but I foresee a problem for the opening SPL weekend prior to that play-off round.

SPL opening weekend is Saturday August 5th while the second leg of the Europa league third qualifying Round is Thursday August 3rd. Presuming our opening match would be put off till at least the Sunday but it's still not ideal. But then that's what we will be facing until at least Xmas if we make the Europa group stage.

First qualifying round

First leg: 29 June 2017

Second leg: 6 July 2017

Second qualifying round

First leg: 13 July 2017

Second leg: 20 July 2017

Third qualifying round

First leg: 27 July 2017

Second leg: 3 August 2017

Play-off round

First leg: 17 August 2017

Second leg: 24 August 2017

Group stage matchday one: 14 September 2017

I'm hoping for an opening day home game like last time. But not the same result as last time. Goes without saying the type of result I would prefer. I'm hoping we have played 6 Euro games by that time and made it into the Europa league play-off round but I foresee a problem for the opening SPL weekend prior to that play-off round.

SPL opening weekend is Saturday August 5th while the second leg of the Europa league third qualifying Round is Thursday August 3rd. Presuming our opening match would be put off till at least the Sunday but it's still not ideal. But then that's what we will be facing until at least Xmas if we make the Europa group stage.

First qualifying round

First leg: 29 June 2017

Second leg: 6 July 2017

Second qualifying round

First leg: 13 July 2017

Second leg: 20 July 2017

Third qualifying round

First leg: 27 July 2017

Second leg: 3 August 2017

Play-off round

First leg: 17 August 2017

Second leg: 24 August 2017

Group stage matchday one: 14 September 2017

Don't we still have the league cup 'group stage' again like last year or are we now 'seeded' and avoid that? I remember it was before the league started so would cause major problems with Europe aswell.......

Don't we still have the league cup 'group stage' again like last year or are we now 'seeded' and avoid that? I remember it was before the league started so would cause major problems with Europe aswell.......

We avoid the Betfred group stages as we are in Europe.