Premier League transfer thread

Southampton go for Managers that suit their culture; famously they have a black box on all potential managers and players. I thought De Boer would fit, but maybe not.

You've never heard of Hughes?! He's one of the most talented midfielders in the Championship - I'm astonished Derby are letting him go! And 8m seems a tad cheap.

Southampton can only sustain this for so long. They have been selling all their best players every year and changing manager averaging every 2 years - they cant keep being a conveyor belt. They are very well ran but are probably lucky the teams they are up against at the moment are not established top flight clubs (Bournemouth) or clubs who are cementing themselves (Stoke).

Looking at the players they have or had in the past years - they would be CL contenders. They can boast this XI on their books:

Forster

Clyne

Lovren

Van Diyk

Bertrand

Walcott

Ox Chamberlain

Bale

Mane

Austin

Pelle

As for Hughes - I watch a lot of the championship as we get good coverage over here but I have to say he is one who slipped by me - Im surprised as I watch a bit of Derby. I'll do a Championship thread nearer the start of the season.

Chelsea sign Caballero as back up to replace Bergovic - shrewd signing which will give them a year.

Arsenal nearly doing a deal for Lacazette but supposed to be putting a bid in for 125m for Mbappe. For some reason I have had a feeling he will go to Arsenal all along. It seems the right move. If they get about 60-70m for Sanchez and Giroud then 50m for Wilshire and Walcott then the Mbappe cost pays for itself.

Arsenal won't get 50 mill for an injury prone Wilshere and a hot and cold Walcott will they ?? :shock:

I reckon they would. 25 million each?? In the current market. West Ham are linked with Walcott for around that.

On their day they are two outstanding players but their Arsenal days have probably dried up and they need a new start.

I would take 50 million for them both right now. And then use it for Sanchez's new contract.

Arsenal have the money to buy Mbappe if Wenger would just open the purse strings.

I think if they bust the bank for Mbappe, Lacazette and Tural then get Ox-Chamberlain a new deal then they could let a lot go. Freshen the squad up a bit. Keeper and defence is sorted. If Welbeck, Cazorla and Xhaka all stay fit then they could have some team. Im a fan of Xhaka, I think he is just adapting now and after a full summers rest will be a key player next season.

Sanchez doesnt look like he wants to be there so Id let him go for a massive fee. He has peaked at Arsenal anyway. With the amount of football he plays he could easily go off like Rooney did when he turns 30. He has had summer competitions every year - Copa Americas and World cups and now the confederations cup.

Edited by Gribz

Apparently Arsenal have agreed a fee of just over 28 million for Mahrez.

And Lyon Chairman has stated that Lacazette is in London for a medical with Arsenal too. Mahrez, Lacazette and possibly Mbappe ????

Everton sign Michael Keane from Burnley - good coup for Everton beating the bigger boys for that signing.

Rodriguez joins WBA from Southampton. He was quality before his injury, Spurs were going to be paying 25m for him. He was the better out of him and Lallana.

Not Premier League but John Terry to Villa. Good signing and a good fit all round there. Fair play to Terry dropping down a league and not following the pound signs to USA, China or another Premier team although Im sure he will be on some bonus if they get promoted.