Premier League transfer thread

£70m Morata to Chelsea. That's a lot of money for a 24 year old who doesn't have a very great goal record, though Conte knows what he's doing. £50m+ seems to be the standard money you pay for anyone half decent in England now though.

Crazy money. I've seen Morata come on as a sub for Madrid on more than one occasion and I've seriously questioned how he got on the bench. Now he is a £70m player!? Crazy.

Crazy money. I've seen Morata come on as a sub for Madrid on more than one occasion and I've seriously questioned how he got on the bench. Now he is a £70m player!? Crazy.

Conte must be furious about not getting Lukaku

I am unconvinced lukaku is worth anything like 75 million. He has some great parts to his game but his touch is poor for the top level and his goal record v the better teams is questionable.

Will be interesting to see how he does at man utd.

I am unconvinced lukaku is worth anything like 75 million. He has some great parts to his game but his touch is poor for the top level and his goal record v the better teams is questionable.

Will be interesting to see how he does at man utd.

I think he'll do well at Man Utd. However other areas must still give cause for concern for them. The fact Carrick still seemed to be getting a game last season spoke volumes

I think Batshuayi may be key to Chelsea this season, he started to score at the end of last season and may come good after a 1 season settling in. He played well against Arsenal on Saturday in the friendly. Morata doesn't seem like the Chelsea type of striker in the way Drogba and Costa are.

Agree about Lukaku, over priced for that fee. Not sure if he will be able to raise his game to challenge for a title or in the CL. Rashford must be wondering what he has to do.

I think Batshuayi may be key to Chelsea this season, he started to score at the end of last season and may come good after a 1 season settling in. He played well against Arsenal on Saturday in the friendly. Morata doesn't seem like the Chelsea type of striker in the way Drogba and Costa are.

Agree about Lukaku, over priced for that fee. Not sure if he will be able to raise his game to challenge for a title or in the CL. Rashford must be wondering what he has to do.

Perhaps not a Chelsea type striker per se -- not sure what that is tbh -- but Morata is a Conte striker. Conte bought him at Juventus, and he scored for fun until Madrid wanted to poach him back (buy-back clause) when they had no intention of allowing him many starts. He's pacy, strong; he'll hold up the ball and run like a dog. Just the type Conte likes.

Is Morata a better striker than Lukaku? Possibly not. But Conte has a history of utilising players that are not top-class; he likes players that can do a job and that can be relied upon. That's why he likes Asamoah, Giaccherini, Isla, Darmian, Llorente (signed for Juventus) and now Moses and Alonso; they're not world-class players -- some failed in the English Championship -- but he can rely on them to work like dogs and do a job.

Edited by Rousseau

Javier Hernandez completes move to West Ham for 16m. At last a good transfer fee. Considering the money being splashed around 16m is a snip.

Im happy with West Hams business this summer. They are buying quality rather than quantity. Last year the signings were awful and a few of them still need to move out. But Hart, Zabaletta, Arnautavic and Hernandez are all experienced and first teamers. Just need a centre midfielder (Wilshire would do) and the squad is looking good.

Edited by Gribz