Premier League transfer thread

They recently changed the transfer rules in China. I think it may put a stop to the crazy transfers and wages there.

The transfers, yes as there is a 100% tax on transfer fees. But not on wages.

Also depends because there is TONS of money in China !!

The transfers, yes as there is a 100% tax on transfer fees. But not on wages.

Also depends because there is TONS of money in China !!

I doubt we'll see the likes of the Oscar transfers again.

Maybe the likes of Rooney if there are no fees involved. I'd be shocked though if the likes of Costa went there now.

I doubt we'll see the likes of the Oscar transfers again.

Maybe the likes of Rooney if there are no fees involved. I'd be shocked though if the likes of Costa went there now.

Its a reflection on the league. Its not good enough. IMO China has went about it all wrong. They should have been buying Championship players to get to that standard first then improving as they go on.

China is a wonderful place and for players being looked after its a no brainer.

The Asian version of CL is good to view but the Koreans, Japanese and Aussies are ahead of China, that should have been their aim - to start winning that first before signing retirement players.

Rooney to Everton a done deal on a 2 year contract.

Chelsea sign 34m defender Rudiger from Roma. Not sure if he would have been first choice, pretty sure any of the Juventus back 3 would have been wanted first.

Rooney to Everton a done deal on a 2 year contract.

Chelsea sign 34m defender Rudiger from Roma. Not sure if he would have been first choice, pretty sure any of the Juventus back 3 would have been wanted first.

I doubt the Juventus guys are available. And then it'd only be Chiellini or Bonucci, as Barzagli is 36; the former is a die-hard Juve man and the latter would cost a fortune - Chelsea probably have it, though. Rudiger is a good young player, with experience of playing in Italy in a back three.

Chelsea are playing Inter and Bayern in a 5 day tournament in Singapore this month - I think I'll go along as interesting to see what Conte does with the team.

I cant see Chelsea defending their title at all as things stand, something just isnt right.

I hope Wenger gets things right, Id hate to see Mourinho or Pep win titles due to others being poor.

Man City agree to pay Spurs "in excess of 50 million" for Kyle Walker.

The market has gone nuts.

The latest TV deal could be the start of a domino effect of multiple issues. Clubs getting funds to a new level and players moving on transfers that bar China are in a league of their own. In the coming few seasons you could see a few clubs doing a Leeds. The Premier league used to be two horse races, Man Utd / Newcastle, Man Utd / Arsenal in the 90s. Then Chelsea joined the race, then Man City. And now Spurs are in their albeit not via money and Everton are stepping it up also. Yet there is only 4 CL spaces so 3 will miss out. It cant be that far away before a Euro Super league will have genuine discussions.