Joe O’Rourke warns of another Heysel Stadium disaster

I think the Green Brigade should be allowed to 'march' to the ground on the 12th leaving from Glasgow Green (birthplace of the Rangers) once they've reach Stranraer they should be made to swim over (the wash will do them a power of good) by the time this has been completed they'll have missed the opening league match of the season which would be good for the game in Scotland and everything else.

If there is any sort of trouble over in Belfast, it will all be blamed on "the locals" and the "vile sectarians of Linfield", no doubt whatsoever. As we saw when Hapoel came to Scotland, the Yahoos have their very own "UEFA behaviour code" and can do no wrong, being jolly craigsters and all.

If there is any sort of trouble over in Belfast, it will all be blamed on "the locals" and the "vile sectarians of Linfield", no doubt whatsoever. As we saw when Hapoel came to Scotland, the Yahoos have their very own "UEFA behaviour code" and can do no wrong, being jolly craigsters and all.

You can bet your house that somehow partial blame will also find its way to our door...

If they manage to get to play the Scum, you wonder what sort of sectarian bile will greet the Linfield chaps at the Scumhut. And going on from that, they should go full throttle at UEFA and certain British (!!!) ministries about that.

Edited by der Berliner

just as a piece of useless information I watched a documentary the other day and it said that one the stoke fireboxes was burning out of control even before it left Belfast on it's last voyage. There were photo's showing a shadow on the hull which they claimed was was weakened metal due to the fire. Before the crash with the iceberg the fire had spread to other fireboxes which was why the ship could not slow down.

As I said useless information.

Celtic set to face Linfield in powderkeg Champions League clash at Windsor Park in Belfast on FRIDAY July 14th

The Northern Irish champs could face the Hoops in the Champions League second round qualifiers - if they overcome La Fiorita

CELTIC’S powderkeg Champions League clash with Linfield in Belfast is set to be moved to FRIDAY July 14.

The Hoops are on course to face the Northern Irish champions in a second round qualifier with the original date of the first leg pencilled in for Thursday July 12.

But the Police Service of Northern Ireland say they will be too stretched that night due to Orange Order parades.

They don’t favour moving the tie to Wednesday 11 for the same reasons.Now cops have backed plans to move the game back to the Friday night.

Discussions are still ongoing as the police and both clubs try to thrash out an agreement but Linfield are expected to confirm the date this evening.The game is slated for a 7pm kick-off but this is still be confirmed.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1184357/celtic-linfield-belfast-windsor-park-europa-league-friday-july/

just as a piece of useless information I watched a documentary the other day and it said that one the stoke fireboxes was burning out of control even before it left Belfast on it's last voyage. There were photo's showing a shadow on the hull which they claimed was was weakened metal due to the fire. Before the crash with the iceberg the fire had spread to other fireboxes which was why the ship could not slow down.

As I said useless information.

The steam to turbine engines can be vented before it ever reaches the engines Pete. There is also the option to put the engines into neutral. I'm not sure about weakened metal but the boiler stuff isn't true mate.

The steam to turbine engines can be vented before it ever reaches the engines Pete. There is also the option to put the engines into neutral. I'm not sure about weakened metal but the boiler stuff isn't true mate.

It was moving too fast in poor light and visibility. By the time it saw the iceberg it was already too late.