RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

If true, this is fantastic news for those missing buying the official merchandise (though the Lion Brand stuff is cracking quality in fairness).

Whether it is fantastic news for the club is another matter entirely though - depends on the details of the deal !

I want to know if this one year deal entirely scraps the previous 7 year deal then at the end of this year long deal are we back to square one as far as negotiating a new deal goes.

Rangers Retail Dissolved - the joint operation between Rangers and Sports Direct has been dissolved. This means that Rangers should now have clear visibility of the funds due to them from sales rather than relying on dividends paid at the discretion of Sports Direct.

Rangers regain control of their own megastore and online sales - this mean fans can once again purchase kit and other merchandise through the Ibrox megastore and Rangers website. It also seems clear from the official statement that this is by far the preferred option in terms of the return to the club.

Rangers give go ahead to fans - Rangers have been able to give supporters official confirmation that they now view the deal as being beneficial. This is likely to give fans the confidence to once again purchase kits despite the continued involvement of Sports Direct. Up until now the club had been obviously reluctant to promote official merchandise in any way.

I reckon we'll see the new kit within days now after this announcement

Just think, first match back in Europe for 5/6 years, sold out and everybody has been able to buy the new kit, will be some sight

Edited by lenny3k

Lots of words to say very little. Until percentages are released or leaked personally I will continue to touch zero while SD are present. Boards before have told us it's a great deal and it's turned out to be poor. Tell me how much of the profit from SD sales and how much from our own sales we get and I will decide for myself whether it's good enough or not.

Are we still covering the costs of SD's determined volume? Short statements ain't going to cut it after all that's happened