RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

" A superb further caveat of this deal is all existing shirts will be recycled to next season giving fans full volition to purchase, but crucially they will do so at half the normal price for a new home shirt, retailing on the Rangers Megastore at a very handsome £20. "

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/06/new-deal-all-rangers-shirts-for-new.html

When this first started trickling through around half 3 I had to keep away from all news and social media because I couldn't bear any more let downs or false dawns , however well played Dave King and the board and by all accounts James Blair , this is a monumental day , probably the most important say of the summer , I've actually watched the press conference twice just to make sure that what he was saying was real ......in a blue heaven just now , cmon next season

I have never been in any doubt that King was a clever and successful businessman, so I am happy to acknowledge his success in this re-negotiation. Getting a one year deal is a great achievement. It is good news for Rangers and the fans and hopefully there is no sting in the tail. My other concerns remain however; and it will be interesting to see how much money King himself actually invests in the Club, or if perhaps he has agreed to buy some or all of Ashley's shareholding, he will include that as well.

King alluded to the old deal which Murray negotiated with JJB, of which I was an outspoken critic at the time. King says we need a retail partner and there is no doubt that this saves tying up money in shop leases, staff and stock etc; but however it is achieved I long to see a Rangers shop back on Sauchiehall St and at Glasgow Airport. The sight of the large Celtic shop at the top of the stairs with nothing on "our" side is hard to take at the start of any trip.

Both Murray and the "old Board" sacrificed retail profits for what they perceived as necessary short term gain; hopefully we can negotiate a medium-long term deal at the end of next season that recognises and expands the strength of the Rangers brand throughout the world. Given the long lead in time for new strips/registration etc one would assume that such negotiations will be under way well in advance.

Reference was made to extra money for the manager to invest in the team but it would be very interesting to know to what extent the new signings thus far have been financed by the ST sales and how much money if any has come from other commercial or investment sources.**

I strongly suspect that part of the deal with be that SD will drop the action against King and PM; it makes no sense to continue now that a new deal is in place.*

It would also be of interest to learn to what extent James Blair and/or Anderson Strathern has benefited from the "exorbitant legal fees" paid.

However, no doubt it's a good day along the road to normality; whatever that means in football terms.

EDIT Noted from Press Conference

* ALL litigation terminated.

** "Interest fee loans on the exiting basis and internal resources (ST sales/ commercial?)"

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Noted from Press Conference ALL litigation terminated.

I have never been in any doubt that King was a clever and successful businessman, so I am happy to acknowledge his success in this re-negotiation. Getting a one year deal is a great achievement. It is good news for Rangers and the fans and hopefully there is no sting in the tail. My other concerns remain however; and it will be interesting to see how much money King himself actually invests in the Club, or if perhaps he has agreed to buy some or all of Ashley's shareholding, he will include that as well.

King alluded to the old deal which Murray negotiated with JJB, of which I was an outspoken critic at the time. King says we need a retail partner and there is no doubt that this saves tying up money in shop leases, staff and stock etc; but however it is achieved I long to see a Rangers shop back on Sauchiehall St and at Glasgow Airport. The sight of the large Celtic shop at the top of the stairs with nothing on "our" side is hard to take at the start of any trip.

Both Murray and the "old Board" sacrificed retail profits for what they perceived as necessary short term gain; hopefully we can negotiate a medium-long term deal at the end of next season that recognises and expands the strength of the Rangers brand throughout the world. Given the long lead in time for new strips/registration etc one would assume that such negotiations will be under way well in advance.

Reference was made to extra money for the manager to invest in the team but it would be very interesting to know to what extent the new signings thus far have been financed by the ST sales and how much money if any has come from other commercial or investment sources.

I strongly suspect that part of the deal with be that SD will drop the action against King and PM; it makes no sense to continue now that a new deal is in place.

It would also be of interest to learn to what extent James Blair and/or Anderson Strathern has benefited from the "exorbitant legal fees" paid.

However, no doubt it's a good day along the road to normality; whatever that means in football terms.

My two pence worth it will be action dropped against King and stadium renamed for a further sum to be announced after ST sales.

New investor/s to join 3 bears too (not Ashley)

Glasgow airport shops are nothing more than a waste of space , they cost a fortune and make hardly any money , would be sad to see us back there to be honest , and I work for the airport

My two pence worth it will be action dropped against King and stadium renamed for a further sum to be announced after ST sales.

New investor/s to join 3 bears too (not Ashley)

Cannot see the stadium being rebranded with Sports Direct included in the name. This deals is only for one year, unless of course there's a nod and wink for the future.