RFC negotiate new 12 month retail deal with Sports Direct

Knowing the hatred of the fans for Ashley 12 months from now the board would need to get a spectacular deal from him far and above anything else on offer to continue any ties with him. I mean this guy didn't just rip us off he tried to have our chairman put in jail. But in the meantime it's progress otherwise they wouldn't have negotiated it.

the profit percentage is irrelevant if we still have to pay sports direct full retail price for surplus. Especially when they dictate manufacturing levels. The whole profit will easily be wiped out if SD over order by mistake or on purpose.

The most important update to the deal has always been the removal of us covering retail price for surplus and SD dictating stock levels at their whim

I get your point on things like surplus stocks. Perhaps ask Club1872 if their assurances cover this area. I assume they must have asked during the conversation they must have had to get their assurances from the club.

We must get the point across at every opportunity to buy Direct from either the Club megastore or online through Rangers.co.uk. Any other purchase at any sports store (JD Sports, etc) ensures a bigger percentage goes to Ashley. Any purchase online through anyone other than the official club store ensures Ashley gets a bigger share.

Buy Direct, or not at all. That has to be the message constantly put out by Club 1872, fans groups, forums, etc. If we have to deal with Ashley lets at least make sure he gets the bare minimum while ensuring we can support our club to the max.

I get your point on things like surplus stocks. Perhaps ask Club1872 if their assurances cover this area. I assume they must have asked during the conversation they must have had to get their assurances from the club.

Yeah as yourself and bludell say it would make sense that it's been renegotiated too, but after everything I'm taking nothing for granted. The fans groups should stay quiet until answers are known since it could change everything. As said before I'm not sure if SD and his affiliate share holders hold sway over the issue with DK paying going price for everyone's shares but can't help but be severely paranoid when it comes to the club nowadays.

To get 75-25 on megastore profits it just makes me think what did we give in return?

Here's hoping the costs aspect is fair too but until that is clear think the fans groups and the fans should hold back. Obviously SD and the club will not want to release that info and it will take a bit of force from the fans to get true clarity but we have the power at the end of the day.

Given the old deal was ripped up, you would have to think that the surplus issue has disappeared. Perhaps a big assumption, but I can't see the current board allowing themselves to be caught by that. However it's a reasonable concern, but it's unlikely that level of detail will be highlighted, particularly if it's not done through RRL.

I think, but could not swear to it, that the obligation to buy 'surplus' at full price, existed only for one year.

The unlamented Somers said as much at the Tent Hall AGM, iIrc, or maybe at another.

To get 75-25 on megastore profits it just makes me think what did we give in return?

A commitment to recommend the deal to the fans?

SD should make much more under the new deal than the old so although they're giving up percentages, it should benefit them.

However you're right to be cautious, but surely in the law of averages, something has go in our favour for once!

We must get the point across at every opportunity to buy Direct from either the Club megastore or online through Rangers.co.uk. Any other purchase at any sports store (JD Sports, etc) ensures a bigger percentage goes to Ashley. Any purchase online through anyone other than the official club store ensures Ashley gets a bigger share.

Buy Direct, or not at all. That has to be the message constantly put out by Club 1872, fans groups, forums, etc. If we have to deal with Ashley lets at least make sure he gets the bare minimum while ensuring we can support our club to the max.

Would again depend on whether we pay for SD's surplus still. SD not selling their stock could cost us more than the profit from our sales even at 75% would be completely counter productive to do so without prior knowledge on how costs are now spread. The fans groups need to hold back and not react to promises and opinions of board members, to take their word for it is not acting in the clubs best interest

I think, but could not swear to it, that the obligation to buy 'surplus' at full price, existed only for one year.

The unlamented Somers said as much at the Tent Hall AGM, iIrc, or maybe at another.

I can't comment on that as I haven't heard it before, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time Somers has been caught lying if it wasn't true.