Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn - Failure is not an option

Yes I am indeed.

Because BD didn't so intimate when he issued the ban to LB.

If it is important that you intimate to the whole board how long a ban is, which I agree with BTW, then why didn't BD do just that?

Banning someone is a moderation event. It isn't moderation by committee of the whole forum. The forum members have no reason to know how long a ban has been put in place for, other than nosiness IMHO

Had a look at the videos dB posted in the "Rangers Downloads and Videos" section at the top.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, don't think so as I'm sure I've read through all of this thread.

Pedro was going absolute mental at Tavernier in the last minute and you can see why from this pic...

110dcbb.jpg

Tav is desperately out of position here, it was Jack who superbly tackled the Luxembourg guy breaking up the field...in fairness to Tav it was Jack who gave away possession in the first place.

Still give Tav the name of "The Wanderer",at least he is not on left wing taking corners from there.

Still think his coat is on a shoogly nail.

Pedro really ranted at the time in a manner I didn't expect of him. Makes you wonder what was said later in the dressing room because I doubt he would be so animated then not follow it up.

What I pick up from the picture is - Seldom do we see Rangers shooting towards the Broomloan in the second half.

we weren't though that was them lol

I didn't expect a runaway score or a blistering performance. It's pre-season and we're trying to gel a group of new players in with players we know are simply not capable of carrying the weight of their jerseys.

It was a win with a clean sheet.

I won't be making any judgements until the Newyear. These guys are coming to adapt to a new country, culture , club and squad. This takes time. I'm confident in the new squad, these types of ties are always tricky and awkward but we'll get there.

I'm already looking forward to the away tie,

Edited by I drink and know things

Not for the first time this week it seems you have some sense that people have nothing but time on their hands to deal with a gersnet matters. We all have real lives to be getting on with.

I was NOT confused about the ban or length of it. For clarity, I had a brief moment whilst at the Met Museum in NYC (culture and me aren't best friends...) and was in the thread in question. I responded to LB a few times and continued in the thread to see BD had banned him. And responded to that banning being absolutely appropriate, regardless of being temporary or permanent.

I then went into the moderators forum and BD had indeed informed all moderators of a temporary ban, as well as the duration, all of which was done prior to my posting in said thread.

So there was absolutely no confusion whatsoever, but merely that I should probably have checked the moderators forum first. But seeing as I'm on vacation and browsing when I find a moment I'm sure that I can be excused this time.

It was the same the other day when you highlighted me having quoted a post from JFK calling you something derogatory - you highlighted my post included said derogatory term... it would be nice if people gave the moderators slack every now and then because in trying to prevent him from being nasty to you I was doing so at nearly 1am in the morning here, exhausted from a day of walking the city and with a wife expecting some attention :ninja:

Remember, we are liberal in our moderation, we expect adults to act like such but we WILL moderate where needed - but we have lives outside of Gersnet too, so cut some slack at times and don't jump to conclusions.

Rant over

All duly noted; thanks for the explanation.

I still think the length of any ban should be public knowledge.

"don't jump to conclusions." no indeed.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.