Rangers v St Johnstone friendly - 3pm today

They're not playing "wide" though, are they? It's a 4-3-1-2 or 4-4-2 diamond: there is no wide player.

I like the idea; it gets the bet players in the team.

they cannot all hit the same central space. Dorrans and Pena will push wide and feed Tav and Wallace who give us width but are crossing to one man Herrera. You need a full combination of midfielders to make that work not three players basically the same with one guy in Krancjar trying to create everything.

Miller just isn't involved in anyway. It's a terrible idea that has zero goals and absolutely no runs beyond the forwards.Miller and Herrera are not going to give us 40-60 goals that the formation would need to be successful.

There is no harmony or cohesion to the play, no fluid movement. He's absolutely dreaming if he thinks Pena and Dorrans will get past Krancjar with any regularity and manage to find space.

The gaps between the midfield and the forwards speaks volumes and looks like a natural occurrence due to the players positional sense . He's trying to fit square pegs in round holes. Pena Dorrans and Jack are all picking the ball up deep and pretty much playing in line with the back four.

It's all dreadful to be frank, meaningless spreading of the ball left to right in the naive belief teams will come out and when they don't we are left to play to our weakest strategy ,the big cross from deep or pulling inside to try to pass through two lines of four.

The proof is in the pudding as they say. No goals game after game is not going to suddenly change by doing the same thing over and over. It's a pipe dream. The players he has brought in don't fit the formation

Hope your correct and suddenly we start finding the net but I have zero faith now, each game just gets worse and worse and we look more and more lost.

it is telling: telling you what you want to hear.

Stay calm and stop acting like an amateur thesp.

If everybody runs to one side of the boat, it is likely to capsize.

So show some balls, and independence of mind, and try to avoid fits of the vapours.

Eh ? I'm acting like an amateur thespian ? It is you that is espousing things that are of zero relevance to what is being said.

Have at it Uilleam. I, for one, would prefer you actually just say it as you see it - and if that is your every day prose then I will simply go back to the remedial class because I haven't a clue of what you are even trying to debate.

Pedro has done virtually nothing to prove he knows what he is doing. So if Kranjcar, or Miller, or any of the squad, but more particularly those who have plenty of experience, call him a fraud - then it is at least something to take notice of. My independence of mind tells me that, whether any player has indeed said Pedro is a fraud, that the more I see the more I am inclined to think of that as being a pretty fair statement - something I am starting to believe regardless of whether it was said by a player or not.

Or, to put it another way, what has he done to show or prove he isn't a fraud ? What has he done to suggest to your independence of mind that he isn't a poor manager.

Your condescending narrative is, or should be, beneath you.

Please don't treat me like a fool.

Not directing this to you but my standards are that a Rangers side should walk away with 4-0 scoreline in games like this.

I'm not going to argue mate, I am willing to give Pedro the first five games of the season before calling for his head.

In terms of the new signings Cardoso looks solid, Pena has so far shown some neat touches and Herrera was denied by a wonder save. Alves will also be a welcome addition to the team that is for sure.

We controlled the first half however made many changes in the second half to really judge.

Ryan Jack played 90 minutes + 11 subs used.

2 players for every position being used.

Lots of good chances with 2/3 excellent saves by the SJ keeper(s).

Onward & Upward :rfc:

Will try to watch it later, thanks for this.

We also should remember that St Johnstone are a decent team themselves. The result isn't important - but what IS important is that we build fitness levels (achieved) but also that we build some kind of philosophy on how we are going to play, so that players know their function within that team philosophy. Havent seen the game as yet but hopefully that is happening. Result not important though.

it is telling: telling you what you want to hear.

Stay calm and stop acting like an amateur thesp.

If everybody runs to one side of the boat, it is likely to capsize.

So show some balls, and independence of mind, and try to avoid fits of the vapours.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F2yLtB0rgwO0Ew%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1