[FT] Sheff Wed 0 - 2 Rangers (Windass 43; Miller 56)

Really solid performance today. There was a period of about 20 mins in the first half where we looked untouchable. If we can make that level of performance more sustainable, we will have a good season.

Alves is strolling through these games. Jack is looking like he could be the best signing we've made, and Candeias is a real steal at £1m, if that's really what we paid for him. However, the most pleasing thing from today is that we look solid defensively again. It's been nerve racking watching us over the past year, especially when defending corners, free kicks or counter attacks. I hope I haven't jinxed this, but I don't bite my nails the same these days.

You can see what he's doing with the system, and it's obvious the players are reacting to those 'moments' in the game that PC often refers to. That's going to help when playing against opponents who attack, but we will have to see how well we can break down teams who defend the way Progres did, and how the majority of SPL teams will set up against us. Exploiting the opponents' shape during the transitions isn't going to be as effective against those that play with ten men behind the ball.

Still a long way to go, but the signs are there that we will be competitive.

Edited by Gaffer

Really solid performance today. There was a period of about 20 mins in the first half where we looked untouchable. If we can make that level of performance more sustainable, we will have a good season.

Alves is strolling through these games. Jack is looking like he could be the best signing we've made, and Candeias is a real steal at £1m, if that's really what we payed for him. However, the most pleasing thing from today is that we look solid defensively again. It's been nerve racking watching us over the past year, especially when defending corners, free kicks or counter attacks. I hope I haven't jinxed this, but I don't bite my nails the same these days.

You can see what he's doing with the system, and it's obvious the players are reacting to those 'moments' in the game that PC often refers to. That's going to help when playing against opponents who attack, but we will have to see how well we can break down teams who defend the way Progres did, and how the majority of SPL teams will set up against us. Exploiting the opponents' shape during the transitions isn't going to be as effective against those that play with ten men behind the ball.

Still a long way to go, but the signs are there that we will be competitive.

Didn't see the game Gaffer but that is great news and very pleasing. I'm sure there will be some who have never fancied Pedro, however for most of us it's great that we seem to be making improvements.

As you say it's a long way to go but hopefully now he has his own players and we are weeding out the bad eggs. This being the case I am right behind PC (although I freely admit I lost the plot after the progress results).

He brings personal charisma, imagination and takes a hardline with those who won't give 100% or those who are not disciplined. He has great qualities and I genuinely hope not just for us, but for him as a manager, we can all be successful together.

Onwards to Motherwell next week, we are looking positive again.

Edited by cooponthewing

Didn't see the game Gaffer but that is great news and very pleasing. I'm sure there will be some who have never fancied Pedro, however for most of us it's great that we seem to be making improvements.

As you say it's a long way to go but hopefully now he has his own players and we are weeding out the bad eggs. This being the case I am right behind PC (although I freely admit I lost the plot after the progress results).

He brings personal charisma, imagination and takes a hardline with those who won't give 100% or those who are not disciplined. He has great qualities and I genuinely hope not just for us, but for him as a manager, we can all be successful together.

Onwards to Motherwell next week, we are looking positive again.

Im looking forward to seeing Cardoso this season. I don't know if Alves' guidance and positioning is making him look better than he is, but if he keeps playing the way he is, we unfortunately won't hold onto him for long. I can't believe he's so young and still has his best years ahead of him. Still early days, but for me he's the most likely big money transfer target we will have to deal with. I'd much rather though have players that other teams want, than not. Already he must be someone that many of the richer teams are watching. What do others think?

Im looking forward to seeing Cardoso this season. I don't know if Alves' guidance and positioning is making him look better than he is, but if he keeps playing the way he is, we unfortunately won't hold onto him for long. I can't believe he's so young and still has his best years ahead of him. Still early days, but for me he's the most likely big money transfer target we will have to deal with. I'd much rather though have players that other teams want, than not. Already he must be someone that many of the richer teams are watching. What do others think?

We won't hold onto any player with resale value like Cardoso,or Jack if they do well for us.

When they go we must replace them with equal or better calibre players we have already identified.

And so the process goes on......

Welcome to Scottish football 2017. Impoverished

Edited by RANGERRAB