[FT] Sheff Wed 0 - 2 Rangers (Windass 43; Miller 56)

We won't hold onto any player with resale value like Cardoso,or Jack if they do well for us.

When they go we must replace them with equal or better calibre players we have already identified.

And so the process goes on......

Welcome to Scottish football 2017. Impoverished

I concur with most - possibly all - of Gaffer's comments on the game. It's dangerous to read too much into friendlies but we worked hard, looked a together squad and were solid and impressive. Windass looked a different player entirely to the one in Luxembourg and we mostly did as a team, too.

I've quoted you, though RangerRab, and also to agree - that is the only way forward for us. Sell the players on to England, put in a 10% future sale clause and bring on someone new....and repeat and repeat. It's a tough task but it's our only way forward that I can see, at least until the next big "revolution" in the game and even then that'll probably only empower the Super Powers even more :( .

Edited by SteveC

I concur with most - possibly all - of Gaffer's comments on the game. It's dangerous to read too much into friendlies but we worked hard, looked a together squad and were solid and impressive. Windass looked a different player entirely to the one in Luxembourg and we mostly did as a team, too.

I've quoted you, though RangerRab, ans also to agree - that is the only way forward for us. Sell the players on to England, put in a 10% future sale clause and bring on someone new....and repeat and repeat. It's a tough task but it's our only way forward that I can see, at least until the next big "revolution" in the game and even then that'll probably only empower the Super Powers even more :( .

It's why Rangers must get out of Scottish football. No idea how to do that. If some sort of North Atlantic league ever started involving the smaller euro nations we'd need to be part of it

It's why Rangers must get out of Scottish football. No idea how to do that. If some sort of North Atlantic league ever started involving the smaller euro nations we'd need to be part of it

We certainly need something, some way out of this cesspit that has no future and entirely hates us to boot.

Comment from the Wednesday fan forum.

Apart for ten minutes Rangers were better than us, faster than us, and hungrier than us.

anyone thinking we were better needs to see an optician.

their fans were absolute class as well.

While others thought they were better than us but were unlucky though they were a tiny minority. Funny old game.

Okay it was a god performance and at last there does seem to be more understanding of the system. Jack was excellent and the best player on the Park. Dorrans was not far behind. Surprise of the day was Windass who had a really good game. One Swallow does not make a summer and we will get a better picture over the next month.

Okay it was a god performance and at last there does seem to be more understanding of the system. Jack was excellent and the best player on the Park. Dorrans was not far behind. Surprise of the day was Windass who had a really good game. One Swallow does not make a summer and we will get a better picture over the next month.

There will undoubtedly be more players coming in & others going out. We'll have a better idea of where we are at the end of next month.

What I will say though is that this is the third season running we've been bringing in large numbers of players at the start of the season. We can't keep doing this & we need to get to some sort of settled side good enough to be challenging for the title which we'd add two or three to each season. Hopefully we're heading that way now.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Great day out today at Sheff Wed, support from the Bears was amazing, rowdy, boisterous but friendly. Was speaking to some Sheff Wed fans after the game and they said they hadn't seen that sort of support outwith their own Derby.

Was impressed with the way we approached the game, a friendly? nope, there were lots of little battles occurring all over the park, some tough tackling but nothing dirty. I like the way we are shutting the opposition down, two players at a time double up on their attackers, plus we are moving the ball quicker. We have a bit of strength and dig now, it doesn't look like schoolboys versus the men anymore. Long may it continue.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Transformation of the midfield has been remarkable. Don't know whether it's because the defence is more solid so they can play a bit more or just the players are better. Jack looking the bargain of any transfer in Scotland right now.

Hope we can keep it up.

It certainly put the rumour that the manager has lost the dressing room , you don't get performances and work rate like today if the players are against you .