Interesting article on The Rangers Observer about PC

I have enjoyed every article to date from that blogsite but this one is just a bit silly.

Trying to claim credit for Pedro for the 3 enforced subs at half time, and claiming the Pittordrie victory as a tactical masterclass are both stretching reality a bit far, but blaming the mhedia for the bad press following the shambolic managerial performances at the OF double header AND the diabolical Progres embarrassment is just stupid when every Bear you spoke to both at and immediately after these games had far harsher words to say than anything written in the Rhebel or BBC.

This is simply a puff piece to try to get Bears back on the Pedro train and must think we are all moon-howlers if we are going to buy that at this stage of proceedings.

The only way for Pedro to start to win back the fans is to win his first few league games. If we win the first OF game and go top, pretty much all will be good for him. Comfortably in second place within touching distance going into the first OF game is the minimum requirement given the first few weeks of the fixture list.

We can discuss if Pedro is a genius or just a nice guy way out his depth at that point in time.

I have enjoyed every article to date from that blogsite but this one is just a bit silly.

Trying to claim credit for Pedro for the 3 enforced subs at half time, and claiming the Pittordrie victory as a tactical masterclass are both stretching reality a bit far, but blaming the mhedia for the bad press following the shambolic managerial performances at the OF double header AND the diabolical Progres embarrassment is just stupid when every Bear you spoke to both at and immediately after these games had far harsher words to say than anything written in the Rhebel or BBC.

This is simply a puff piece to try to get Bears back on the Pedro train and must think we are all moon-howlers if we are going to buy that at this stage of proceedings.

The only way for Pedro to start to win back the fans is to win his first few league games. If we win the first OF game and go top, pretty much all will be good for him. Comfortably in second place within touching distance going into the first OF game is the minimum requirement given the first few weeks of the fixture list.

We can discuss if Pedro is a genius or just a nice guy way out his depth at that point in time.

Agreed and i don't think this blog is very board\manager critical. I am glad it exists though as they are good with statements against our detractors.

Quite good and again nothing to disagree with. It really is sink or swim time though. The winning mentality is something that is learned off the park as much as on it and he has had a few months to drill this into the squad. Its also over to the players to see if they can carry out what they are doing in training.

Agreed and i don't think this blog is very board\manager critical. I am glad it exists though as they are good with statements against our detractors.

When you say "our" detractors, who do you mean by "our"? Do you mean the supporters, the team, the manager, the board?

What I like about them is that they write about the facts, mixed with some opinion, to ensure that our (everyone I mentioned above) position is well represented. Many have read that article and don't like it because in this instance it represents the facts about our manager, and there are those who just don't want him no matter what the circumstances. He is just as much part of "our" as everyone else here, so perhaps it was written to address some of the people on this forum who are "our" serious detractors. I say serious because it hurts us on the pitch (where it matters) if supporters don't get behind the manager.

I think that TRO could continue to be well respected if it is critical of all detractors, including some of our supporters. There's an element of the support that hinders the club, whether that be people that criticise the players from the first minute (or even beforehand) of a game, or those that delay matches by throwing paper onto the pitch, or those that sing certain songs. I'm all for dealing with all of our detractors. It's just sad when you realise that you/we may be one of them.

When you say "our" detractors, who do you mean by "our"? Do you mean the supporters, the team, the manager, the board?

What I like about them is that they write about the facts, mixed with some opinion, to ensure that our (everyone I mentioned above) position is well represented. Many have read that article and don't like it because in this instance it represents the facts about our manager, and there are those who just don't want him no matter what the circumstances. He is just as much part of "our" as everyone else here, so perhaps it was written to address some of the people on this forum who are "our" serious detractors. I say serious because it hurts us on the pitch (where it matters) if supporters don't get behind the manager.

I think that TRO could continue to be well respected if it is critical of all detractors, including some of our supporters. There's an element of the support that hinders the club, whether that be people that criticise the players from the first minute (or even beforehand) of a game, or those that delay matches by throwing paper onto the pitch, or those that sing certain songs. I'm all for dealing with all of our detractors. It's just sad when you realise that you/we may be one of them.

No I was meaning the media and other supporter groups. Is a Rangers supporter who is critical a detractor? I am critical of Pedro as he has done nothing up until now to show me he knows what he is doing. Yes the team has improved slightly over the last 2 games but we will have to wait and see what we do on the competitive front before I can asses him further. If that makes me a detractor then so be it, Thankfully we had many detractors when Green and Ashely were in power as we would not have had a club now to detract from.

No I was meaning the media and other supporter groups. Is a Rangers supporter who is critical a detractor? I am critical of Pedro as he has done nothing up until now to show me he knows what he is doing. Yes the team has improved slightly over the last 2 games but we will have to wait and see what we do on the competitive front before I can asses him further. If that makes me a detractor then so be it, Thankfully we had many detractors when Green and Ashely were in power as we would not have had a club now to detract from.

You are in the camp of overly critical Pete. Although I have my doubts myself at the minute?(we all did after Progress). Let's be honest though, you didn't like the guy because of the bullfighting thing to start with?

I certainly always give a new manager the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. It's unhelpful and not constructive to do otherwise imo? Especially after the garbage MW left behind.

Not sure what the point is or what is achieved by being a detractor concerning Pedro? You said he has done nothing? That's unfair and inaccurate as he has completely changed the side. IMO he needs till the first OF game with his own team.

There is an unfortunate modern tendency for some over-sensitive fans to regard routine expression of opinion about players, manager, directors, etc as dangerously seditious criticism. I guess I'll just have to bear the burden of being a detractor because I don't feel at all comfortable with this covert censorship.