I think his problems were more with Celtic. Had Aberdeen been their big rivals he'd have wore an Aberdeen top.

As I said before, this was my initial hope. A wee google has shown me to a video from 2011 though when he says he's a lifelong Rangers fan. I don't know how strong his fandom is to be fair, and it may be more an anti-Celtic thing, but it still rubs me up the wrong way.

There's some absolute bell ends who have attached themselves to Rangers over the years. They know barely a thing about the team and never go near a game. Robinson is the latest of these. He can go fuck himself but we can't stop him buying a shirt, unfortunately. Probably subsiding Sports Direct whilst the rest of us were boycotting it.

We can't stop people wearing Rangers tops and I have no idea who he supports. To be honest our singing today gave me more concern andcould have been 500 Tommy Robinsons. Totally disappointing. Even the Cordoso song has become a hate the IRA tune.

I'm guessing Rangers aren't his first club (though as I say, unfortunately, I found a clip of him calling himself a 'lifelong Rangers fan' from years ago, but yes you're right, the singing to day was a problem in itself.

Both ourselves & the yahoos played friendlies in England over the weekend. Which club's support emerged with more credit ?

Clue-you won't find the answer in the Daily record. I rest my case

There's some absolute bell ends who have attached themselves to Rangers over the years. They know barely a thing about the team and never go near a game. Robinson is the latest of these. He can go fuck himself but we can't stop him buying a shirt, unfortunately. Probably subsiding Sports Direct whilst the rest of us were boycotting it.

This may surprise my fellow fans here to see me say this, but really don't be afraid of coming to a game. Most fans either don't care about the politics, or have a diverse range of views.

A minority of bigots have hijacked our image though, that is for sure. I just wish the majority would be tougher on them.

This may surprise my fellow fans here to see me say this, but really don't be afraid of coming to a game. Most fans either don't care about the politics, or have a diverse range of views.

A minority of bigots have hijacked our image though, that is for sure. I just wish the majority would be tougher on them.

I agree with you. I disagreed with the way you framed the blog that you posted before rather than the sentiment behind it. But I think you go too far in portraying unionism as inherently reactionary (I may be putting words in your mouth but that's the way it comes across). In Robinson's hands it is, of course, but he doesn't own 'Britishness'. I don't consider myself the same species as him so naturally it's disappointing to see him in the shirt but there's little we can do about that.

I agree with you. I disagreed with the way you framed the blog that you posted before rather than the sentiment behind it. But I think you go too far in portraying unionism as inherently reactionary (I may be putting words in your mouth but that's the way it comes across). In Robinson's hands it is, of course, but he doesn't own 'Britishness'. I don't consider myself the same species as him so naturally it's disappointing to see him in the shirt but there's little we can do about that.

Happy to discuss it with you though. This is all i'm after, a bit of self-reflection. That blog article was written in one sitting so isn't by any means perfect, and i'm happy for people to disagree with it as long as it's in a civilised way.

I'm not a Unionist, so perhaps the way I talk about it isn't always that complimentary, though I would say in my defence that you are slightly putting words in my mouth. Saying that, I understand why it might come across that way.

I genuinely don't believe there is anything wrong with Unionism. It's when it become a more extreme form of 'Loyalism' that it becomes dangerous for me.