Pena, what's the score?

PENA'S PURSUIT Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha reveals Carlos Pena has been given a special training regime to get him ready for first-team action

The Mexican international - one of nine summer signings made by Caixinha - joined Gers from Liga MX side Guadalajara

NEW Rangers attacker Carlos Pena has been given a special training regime after boss Pedro Caixinha admitted he was struggling to reach the “level” required at Ibrox.

The Mexico international was signed from Guadalajara for a fee reported to be £2.2million earlier this summer.

Carlos Pena is nicknamed ‘Gullit’ after Dutch legend Ruud

But despite having spent almost seven weeks in Glasgow, the only public sighting of him in a Gers kit was a brief run out during their pre-season clash with Marseille.

The 27-year-old was an unused substitute as Caixinha’s team kicked off the Ladbrokes Premiership season with victory at Motherwell.

However the Light Blues boss hopes the extra workload he is putting Pena through will help him get up to speed quickly.

Speaking ahead of tonight’s Betfred Cup clash with Dunfermline, he said: “Carlos is having special training in order for him to get the right rhythm and levels.

“It’s specific work with him not just on the pitch but off it as well.

“That’s because when it’s the right moment we want to give him the chance.

“So far we think it’s not the right moment.

“We want to have him involved as soon as possible but he is getting there.

“He wants to be ready and we are working to make that happen.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1395332/rangers-carlos-pena-pedro-caixinha-special-training/

Moving to a country where you don't speak the Language is not easy. I have now done it twice but in Holland many speak English so that was quite easy. With a lot of British contract workers there at the time I arrived it was party time every weekend.

I doubt many in Glasgow speak Spanish.

Moving to a country where you don't speak the Language is not easy. I have now done it twice but in Holland many speak English so that was quite easy. With a lot of British contract workers there at the time I arrived it was party time every weekend.

I doubt many in Glasgow speak Spanish.

somos la gente

hola, hola nosotros los ninos guillermo

somos la gente

hola, hola nosotros los ninos guillermo

Niño is a bit young - muchacho?

I'm currently learning Spanish so it's a nice wee exercise to give my take on a translated version, with some artistic licence to fit it in to the rhythm and rhyme especially as Spanish has a lot more syllables:

Hola, somos

los Guille Muchachos.

Hola, nos con-

ocerán por los ruidos.

Vadeamos en sangre F*nian.

¡Rindanse o morirán!

Porque, somos

los 'Derry Muchachos.

Which means:

Hello, we are the Billy Boys.

Hello, you'll know us by the noises.

We wade in F*ian blood.

Surrender or you'll die.

Because we are the 'Derry Boys.

Or a more literal translation (but try singing it!):

Hola, hola, somos los Muchachos Guille

Hola, hola, ustedes nos conocerán por nuestro ruido

Estamos hasta los rodillas en sangre F*nian.

¡Rindanse o morirán!

Porque, somos los Brigton Derry Muchachos.