Pena, what's the score?

We really have to give the lad time, time to soak in the environment, moving out of his own country at 27 to continue his career, you can't expect someone like that to hit the ground running - especially before the season hasn't exactly kicked off yet!

Herrera the other Mexican with the same challenge at 29 moving to a completely different culture for the first time in his life.

Both players will want to succeed, but they have to be given some time to settle in, who knows how long that could take - certainly more than a month surely ?

The manager has been at pains to say he expects all his players to do their job. Perhaps Pena just hasn't been doing well enough in training to warrant selection ahead of others.

FWIW, I'd imagine he'll break into the team soon enough but not until he's more obviously fit and sharp.

Suspect he's behind the others in fitness terms. I'm not overly concerned just yet.

Hard to say whether Windass has a future or whether he's being played to keep him in the shop window. But we suddenly have a hell of a lot of midfielders to try to accommodate.

I don't think Pena has played for a while, because of the unusual Mexican season. I'm not sure though.

I did expect to see him get more game time.

Edited by Rousseau