CATHRO OUT Ian Cathro leaves Hearts with immediate effect

Former Italy striker Fabrizio Ravanelli has applied to be Hearts' new head coach, but interim boss Jon Daly thinks he is ready for the job permanently. http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40815164

Isn't Ravanelli the money grabbing bugger who signed for Middlesborough I think then complained that his huge wage wasn't tax free? He ended up at Dundee, his wage there causing them to go into administration.

Crushed and they deserve it in some respects. Playing silly games with Walker instead of getting this resolved and some money in the bank before the season kicked off would have been the smart thing to do.

Tranny shagger Brenda had this to say about it...(remember this has nothing at all to do with him)

“Throughout his time at Hearts it always seemed as though he was up against it. It always seemed a wee bit confused for me.

“You get so-called experts there to guide you. They bring you in to do the job but you are getting messages from everywhere.

“The one example we all saw was at Aberdeen (when Levein was passing notes via Jon Daly to the dugout). Christ Almighty. The game is hard enough, so you need to be able to think clearly.

“I also look at the recruitment. I am pretty clear on how Ian would want to play, with the formation and structures he set out.

“Those are footballing ideas, 3-4-3. It’s very clear how you have to work that to make the best of it - you have to pass the ball, you need players with a certain type of technical ability.

“But then they will switch to 4-4-2 and that’s what I’m talking about, the confusion.

“There was a coach who wanted to play a brand of football for the benefit of the players and for the club to have grown, although of course you have to win.

“That was set against players coming in who weren’t of that profile. With all due respect, Kyle Lafferty isn’t that, Christophe Berra isn’t that.

“That’s the difficulty of it. As manager, if your philosophy is different to someone else’s, then it is a mis-match.

Jon Daly Hearts interim manager has commented on radio about BR's rant...

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot He doesn't miss...

As much as his commenting is hypocritical, disrespectful and out of place, I actually agree with BR. Cathro has ideas, and it seems the DoF (Levein) hasn't been on board. As BR says, the profile of players signed, e.g. Berra (part of the reason I was delighted we didn't sign him is that he is outdated in terms of playing style and ability), are not going to be able to play the way Cathro would like. I like the DoF structure, but at Hearts it looks like the coach has more progressive, modern ideas than the DoF was able to implement, in terms of player recruitment. That's a recipe for disaster.

It'll be interesting to see how our DoF performs over the next year or so.

Edited by Rousseau

As much as his commenting is hypocritical, disrespectful and out of place, I actually agree with BR. Cathro has ideas, and it seems the DoF (Levein) hasn't been on board. As BR says, the profile of players signed, e.g. Berra (part of the reason I was delighted we didn't sign him is that he is outdated in terms of playing style and ability), are not going to be able to play the way Cathro would like. I like the DoF structure, but at Hearts it looks like the coach has more progressive, modern ideas than the DoF was able to implement, in terms of player recruitment. That's a recipe for disaster.

If this is the case then the question is Why was Cathro ever hired?

Agreed, Levein shouldnt be interfering with footballing tactics at all and Cathro wasnt probably in a position to say anything and he probably has been gagged due to pay off money to not say anything so its come from another source and I agree with BR.

If Levein wants the job he should just take it, he has clearly been running most things anyway. Maybe even the Hearts fans dont want him after 4-6-0 hence him playing the shadow manager role.