[FT] Rangers 6 (Miller 4; Alves 10; Morelos 23, 76; Tav 27; Candeias 57) - 0 Pars

As I said last night, we are building a decent squad. Will be interesting to see which 2 out of the 3 play up front on Sat. Probably Jack will come in, but Rossiter will definately give him a run for his money once he is match fit.

There is Nico and Pena waiting to come in, and if we sign Walker, Windass might struggle to get a game.

Another fullback would be my choice, if we were looking at more additions before the end of August. But all in all well satisfied with the squad and the start to the season.

As I said last night, we are building a decent squad. Will be interesting to see which 2 out of the 3 play up front on Sat. Probably Jack will come in, but Rossiter will definately give him a run for his money once he is match fit.

There is Nico and Pena waiting to come in, and if we sign Walker, Windass might struggle to get a game.

Another fullback would be my choice, if we were looking at more additions before the end of August. But all in all well satisfied with the squad and the start to the season.

What a refreshing change to have so much competition for places. You mentioned Walker perhaps putting Windass on the bench, but based on Windass' performances recently, Walker is going to have to be brilliant to do that. There's no way Windass can be left out of the team at the moment, and there can't be a single bear on here or anywhere else that thought that would be the case.

What a refreshing change to have so much competition for places. You mentioned Walker perhaps putting Windass on the bench, but based on Windass' performances recently, Walker is going to have to be brilliant to do that. There's no way Windass can be left out of the team at the moment, and there can't be a single bear on here or anywhere else that thought that would be the case.

I'm not sure where Walker might fit in to tell the truth, is he an out and out winger, or can he play anywhere along the front line. A defender who can push the 2 full backs would me my preference for any future signing.

There are also the rumours of McLean and Naismith as well !!

I'm not sure where Walker might fit in to tell the truth, is he an out and out winger, or can he play anywhere along the front line. A defender who can push the 2 full backs would me my preference for any future signing.

There are also the rumours of McLean and Naismith as well !!

I'm not sure either, but if he can play either side, he may be able to keep Windass and Candeias on their toes. We now seem to have plenty of options and maybe the gaffer thinks that Hodson is the one to push Tav and Wallace for a place. I like Hodson but still not sure if he's the quality we need, so perhaps a full back is something PC is considering. I'm still unsure about our forwards though. It feels like we are placing too much reliance on the hope that Morelos will be our 20+ goals per season finisher, because neither Herrera or Miller are likely to be that.

Of course it would be great to add to the squad, but if we went into the season with this current squad I'd be feeling quite happy.

I read something recently about how Walker is not the natural winger we think he is; he's in fact someone who cuts inside, like Windass. Although he can play both sides, it seems he'd be more of a Windass-type that a Candeias-type. He's be another option in the centre of midfield.

Moreover, Hearts fans themselves say he's better as an Attacking-midielder rather than Winger.

I'm still unsure about our forwards though. It feels like we are placing too much reliance on the hope that Morelos will be our 20+ goals per season finisher, because neither Herrera or Miller are likely to be that.

Morelos scored like 46 in 62 games in Finland - that's a good scoring rate. He's also scored 2 in 4 for RFC, with one of those appearances consisting of about 5mins. Was last night his 1st start???

Miller has never been a prolific scorer, but should still return about 15 goals per season.

Herrera...don't know. Possibly a similar player to Miller, but he needs to get a 1st goal on the board & we'll see how he responds.

I read something recently about how Walker is not the natural winger we think he is; he's in fact someone who cuts inside, like Windass. Although he can play both sides, it seems he'd be more of a Windass-type that a Candeias-type. He's be another option in the centre of midfield.

Moreover, Hearts fans themselves say he's better as an Attacking-midielder rather than Winger.

That being the case, PC's interest may have cooled after seeing Windass' recent performances.....

Very enjoyable, the 70 minutes I saw were high paced, full of energy, a positive attitude...everything you'd want and things that have been missing since our team broke up in administration. It was never going to be easy to get that mentality ingrained again, and it isn't solidly ingrained yet, but that was more positive than anything I saw under MW.

Being a Bear I can however find fault in something, and I'd have to say that, honest pro that he is, Lee Hodson is not of the calibre we need, defensively or going forward. When he was turned, too easily for my liking, toward the end of last night's game , the big lanky Dunfermline player left him for pace as well. It showed up more because every other outfield player seemed turbo charged last night.

I don't mean to criticise because I think he plays as well as he can. but I also think we need a better option to cover Wallace at left back.

Morelos scored like 46 in 62 games in Finland - that's a good scoring rate. He's also scored 2 in 4 for RFC, with one of those appearances consisting of about 5mins. Was last night his 1st start???

Miller has never been a prolific scorer, but should still return about 15 goals per season.

Herrera...don't know. Possibly a similar player to Miller, but he needs to get a 1st goal on the board & we'll see how he responds.

I was thinking about this when reading how difficult it is for ''foreign'' players to adapt to a new country, while it is a problem to settle into a new life this young guy did it in Finland, now I'm fairly certain he doesn't speak Finnish and we know he doesn't speak English so it proves it can be done with the right work ethics, although he is still way off being settled in Scotland he won't fail through the lack of effort.