Premier League 17/18

I think to get Ox for £35M is a good deal for everyone; I can see him flourishing at Liverpool, as he's just the right type for Klopp's philosophy.

I think Barkley is similar to Stirling in the sense they're young English talent that have came onto the scene with blistering pace and, in Barkley's case, a good strike on him, but alas, they've not quite got the brains and tactical awareness. It's no coincidence that two of the most tactically astute managers - Koeman and Guardiola - are letting them go, or at least letting the rumours circle.

It's soul-destroying Rousseau.

At least I have Rangers doing well.... wait.

At least I have Barca doing well... wait

Screw it, I am watching the tennis :D

Ach... it comes in cycles, doesn't it. You're just perhaps going through a singularly perfect storm with regards to your favourite clubs.

Edited by Rousseau

I think to get Ox for £35M is a good deal for everyone; I can see him flourishing at Liverpool, as he's just the right type for Klopp's philosophy.

I think Barkley is similar to Stirling in the sense they're young English talent that have came onto the scene with blistering pace and, in Barkley's case, a good strike on him, but alas, they've not quite got the brains and tactical awareness. It's no coincidence that two of the most tactically astute managers - Koeman and Guardiola - are letting them go, or at least letting the rumours circle.

I'm not sure Ox will flourish at Liverpool. He wants to play CM and I am not convinced he has the awareness for the position. I actually think he "found himself" as a wing back at Arsenal. Liverpool seem to have signed almost a full team of attacking midfielders this window - how are they going to keep them all happy ?

Barkley isn't an Arsenal type player IMHO. Though he may be what they need in the middle. They need someone in both the centre of defence and the centre midfield to actually tackle someone and let them know they are there. Arsenal could do a whole lot worse than Van Dijk at Southampton at CB - and someone like Danny Drinkwater at CM.

Ach... it comes in cycles, doesn't it. You're just perhaps going through a singularly perfect storm with regards to your favourite clubs.

Every weekend I watch games through the spaces in my fat fingers :D

At least my NFL team are doing well... Miami Dolphins... ohhhh, wait :D

Sakho (West Ham) went to France for a medical with Rennes. Fee already agreed. Passed Medical. West Ham now say he isn't for sale. Eh ???

Rangers, West Ham and Arsenal.....need a drinking sesh with you over this :D

I like Sakho, in the final season at Upton Park he was superb but he had injuries plus isnt happy with something - but on his day is quality.

I'm not sure Ox will flourish at Liverpool. He wants to play CM and I am not convinced he has the awareness for the position. I actually think he "found himself" as a wing back at Arsenal. Liverpool seem to have signed almost a full team of attacking midfielders this window - how are they going to keep them all happy ?

Barkley isn't an Arsenal type player IMHO. Though he may be what they need in the middle. They need someone in both the centre of defence and the centre midfield to actually tackle someone and let them know they are there. Arsenal could do a whole lot worse than Van Dijk at Southampton at CB - and someone like Danny Drinkwater at CM.

While I'd agree he perhaps doesn't have the awareness that the best have, I'm not sure it's really needed at Liverpool. They're drilled, using their pace and energy, to press and counter. For me he slots nicely into a CM spot. He can also play as one of the front-three, although he's not at the same level, offensively, as Firmino, Salah, Mane etc. I think Klopp will get the best of him. However, we can only wait and see.

Barkely is not an Arsenal player, I agree -- another pacey, attacking-midfielder that doesn't track back.

Van Dijk would improve any top 4 (or 7 :D) side.

I don't think Drinkwater would suit Arsenal. I see him more suited to Chelsea: a team that will counter more, and a team that needs positional discipline from their central two.