Premier League 17/18

Scott7 your predictions are as good / bad as mine by the way :thup:

How about I start from next round of games tallying you versus me. I'll do it just for a bit of banter.

Arsenal and West Ham though - both need mass sorting out. Rafa could actually fit both jobs!

Potentially wanted to start an Arsenal thread as wanted a wee rant about them. They are my second fave team in England and I know likes of Craig likes them. Its so frustrating to see them so poor when they are potential league winners.

Something is fundamentally wrong inside. They have big Steve Bould there who looks like he wants to explode with energy but cant coz he is sitting next to his teacher.

Wengers team selections are just laughable. What is he thinking!

They really need to go back to basics. Four four fuckin two. Cazorla gets in when fit but for me their best side is:

Ospina

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolansinac

OX-Chamb Wilshire Xhaka Welbeck

Sanchez

Giroud

I like the Arsenal as a club but they've been wrong for a few seasons which seems hard given the number of top four finishes. Although they have that achievement they've never really been likely champions. Get a defence. Simple as that. Same advice to Manchester City.

Man City have offered cash and Sterling for Sanchez. Wenger should bite their hand off.

Sanchez will be finished in 2 years and where does he play at City? Silva, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, De Brunyne, Sane....He cant play them all.

Wenger should say OK throw in Yaya Toure with Sterling and the cash and its a deal.

Edited by Gribz

I'm not that impressed by Sterling, to me the only thing he really brings is his pace - and that doesn't really help a great deal with Arsenal because most teams play behind the ball. However, that said, if Arsenal don't accept the deal then they will lose Sanchez for free next summer which would be even worse business. Another rumour is that City would offer Aguero for Sanchez - now that is a deal that I would take as an Arsenal fan.

Aside from Wenger being too stubborn to accept that his team hasn't defended properly since the days of Tony Adams played (funnily enough players he inherited) and finding both the personnel and the system that works (he should be spending money on Van Dijk for sure) the questions that really need asked - though not sure if it should be to Wenger of the club's administrators, is why do Arsenal always, always get to a point where their star players get to within a year of their contract ending, thus putting Arsenal in a difficult position contractually. It is insanity.

Until Arsenal start to become more professional OFF the field they wont be doing much ON the field.

I'm not that impressed by Sterling, to me the only thing he really brings is his pace - and that doesn't really help a great deal with Arsenal because most teams play behind the ball. However, that said, if Arsenal don't accept the deal then they will lose Sanchez for free next summer which would be even worse business. Another rumour is that City would offer Aguero for Sanchez - now that is a deal that I would take as an Arsenal fan.

Aside from Wenger being too stubborn to accept that his team hasn't defended properly since the days of Tony Adams played (funnily enough players he inherited) and finding both the personnel and the system that works (he should be spending money on Van Dijk for sure) the questions that really need asked - though not sure if it should be to Wenger of the club's administrators, is why do Arsenal always, always get to a point where their star players get to within a year of their contract ending, thus putting Arsenal in a difficult position contractually. It is insanity.

Until Arsenal start to become more professional OFF the field they wont be doing much ON the field.