Pedro redeemed?

Jack was outstanding v Sheff Wed. He is a ball winner but can be constructive too. Can also play at right back - we may need to try him there. Who would McLean replace? I can only think Dorrans and that is non-starter. Unless he will be a decent squad member. I'd say we have other priorities though, like a Miller replacement.

While we have to replace all players at some point I don't get why Miller receives so much criticism, mainly on line I think. Miller is involved any every good forward move we have, If we can find a better player to replace him then good, but who would that be?, right now he is still very active and fit and is one of our best players and we have nobody on the books who would oust him from the team, IMO of course!.

I figured after a few wins we'd see topics like this, but after 2? This is a question that should be asked at the end of the season. 2 wins against poor Scottish sides doesn't do anything to make up for just enduring one of the most embarrassing defeats of our history.

We have such a fickle support. One minute Pedro is a worthless buffoon and a couple of games later he's Mourinho.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Not sure about Jack so much. He seems like he is going to have to perform a 8/10 every game just to be decent. I think Rossiter is the answer in the holding role. But Jack may come good and be a healthy squad addition.

I hope we dont go for McLean, Aberdeen are average and we need better than their players.

Aberdeen are a piss poor team who routinely get dumped out by nobodies in the Europa League qualifiers. You're right. We need to be aiming much higher than that for our players.

Oh we're all fickle from time to time....

This managerial appointment is embarrassing

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?84067-This-managerial-appointment-is-embarrassing&highlight=

Regardless of tomorrow's result (I'm seeing very good things from the manager)....

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?85024-Regardless-of-tomorrow-s-result&highlight=

Edited by Frankie

Oh we're all fickle from time to time....

This managerial appointment is embarrassing

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?84067-This-managerial-appointment-is-embarrassing&highlight=

Regardless of tomorrow's result (I'm seeing very good things from the manager)....

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?85024-Regardless-of-tomorrow-s-result&highlight=

The appointment was and still is embarrassing. I did then start to warm to him, but that has dissipated after various embarrassing results.

I wasn't embarrassed by the appointment. I found it somewhat strange but more interesting than disappointing.

It's obvious to anyone the jury very much remains out on the manager and the Progres defeat will forever be a black mark on his record but there have been signs of improvement so tomorrow is a great chance for him (and his players) to show they're moving forward.

So far I'm happy with most of his new signings and there's been a definite improvement in structure since he took over. We're definitely still a few players short though so it's going to be fascinating to see if this 'embarrassment' is indeed the answer. I'm not sure but I'm positive enough - win or lose tomorrow actually.

I figured after a few wins we'd see topics like this, but after 2? This is a question that should be asked at the end of the season. 2 wins against poor Scottish sides doesn't do anything to make up for just enduring one of the most embarrassing defeats of our history.

We have such a fickle support. One minute Pedro is a worthless buffoon and a couple of games later he's Mourinho.

I agree with you that it's too soon to be judging the manager, so why were you and so many so quick to write him off after a few games, and yet now criticise others who are supporting him after a few? I think it's fair to say that you didn't even give him one game before the criticism started.

But that's all in the past now. Let's just get on with supporting OUR manager. We all want him to be successful, right?

PC will want to be a success @ Ibrox for sure, he gets Rangers, he also seems to thrive on the challenge of getting us back to the top, if he succeeds he will then be a sought after manager who may have an ambition to get a gig in the EPL, but all managers are judged on success so I think we can all agree in wishing him all the success in the world.