Pedro redeemed?

It's been a good reaction to the Progres debacle but until the team show last night's performances on a consistent basis (along with results) then they jury will remain out on Pedro - just as it would anyone else.

Saturday is shaping up to be a superb game.

There have been a few well known and opinionated posters on here who have made a heir feelings known re Pedro since he arrived. Sadly in my opinion as our resident (still amateur psychologist) opinions not solely based on his managerial potential and ability.

I have been wrong a few times and been big enough to make a public apology. We shall see if they are as adult and mature enough to do the same should Pedro continue to work his "Matador Magic" throughout this side.

He has his own side now and most of the bad eggs have been removed. It's his way, or no way. If we come second in the league this year it's progress. However if we were to win it, there are a few on here who should be off to "Pamplona" and let's see how fast they can run as penance for their misgivings lol. I'm still on a high after last night. It was poetry in motion!!!

There have been a few well known and opinionated posters on here who have made a heir feelings known re Pedro since he arrived. Sadly in my opinion as our resident (still amateur psychologist) opinions not solely based on his managerial potential and ability.

I have been wrong a few times and been big enough to make a public apology. We shall see if they are as adult and mature enough to do the same should Pedro continue to work his "Matador Magic" throughout this side.

He has his own side now and most of the bad eggs have been removed. It's his way, or no way. If we come second in the league this year it's progress. However if we were to win it, there are a few on here who should be off to "Pamplona" and let's see how fast they can run as penance for their misgivings lol. I'm still on a high after last night. It was poetry in motion!!!

I agree that there appeared to be one or two that just didn't want him, regardless of his managerial abilities (for some reason I will never understand). However, just as we said it wasn't fair to judge him on his earlier poorer games, we shouldn't be too quick to judge him on the past 4 or 5 which have looked good (understatement). We really need to wait and see how the team develops over the next 3/4 months. I really hope that all supporters get behind him now, and give him the chance that he deserves.

Having said that, this style of football we are playing is the most exciting since Advocaat. I actually liked Warburton's brand of football too, but it wasn't very effective in many games, which was disappointing. This directness, pace, pressing and aggression is right up my street though, and you can tell the players have completely bought into it too. I really hope this style turns out to be successful for us because I'd love to watch this every week, for the next few years at least.

Winning the league could not have been a realistic expectation for us at the end of last season, or even after Luxembourg, however in the past few games there's a big part of me now wants to dare to dream.

I am one who was/is not convinced by PC, however he will always get my support and I hope more than anything he proves me wrong!

It wasn't directed at you in particular mate. However you can be first on the list for the road trip to "Pamplona" if you want? How fast can you run ha ha.....

Edited by cooponthewing

one & a half good performances, does not equal success!!!

However, the signs are very promising!!! The most important thing for PC to do, is to ensure that the team are consistent from game to game. There is no good being excellent in one, then flop in the next - the team must maintain performance levels. I think that was evident last night....PC did not let the players ease off, even at 5-0....he kept shouting, directing etc pushing for another goal and to maintain the pressing & general level of play.

There is a LOT of football to be played between now & May....lets just see how PC gets on.

A great result v Pars,which last season we might have scraped through with our passing ball to death.

Would be interesting if our performances each week re shots,passing etc. could be compared to Forrest as it seems even with goal by McKay, good though it was, they played same old Warburton way.

Not sure about Jack so much. He seems like he is going to have to perform a 8/10 every game just to be decent. I think Rossiter is the answer in the holding role. But Jack may come good and be a healthy squad addition.

I hope we dont go for McLean, Aberdeen are average and we need better than their players.

Jack was outstanding v Sheff Wed. He is a ball winner but can be constructive too. Can also play at right back - we may need to try him there. Who would McLean replace? I can only think Dorrans and that is non-starter. Unless he will be a decent squad member. I'd say we have other priorities though, like a Miller replacement.

Jack was outstanding v Sheff Wed. He is a ball winner but can be constructive too. Can also play at right back - we may need to try him there. Who would McLean replace? I can only think Dorrans and that is non-starter. Unless he will be a decent squad member. I'd say we have other priorities though, like a Miller replacement.

I think we may have that with Herrera....

Compared to Morelos' performance last night, I don't see Herrera as an out 'n out scorer.