Pedro redeemed?

It seems hypocritical to me that you can call someone a dud so early on in his career, and yet you can't praise him after the first two games of the new season, and the only two where he's had his first team on the park.

I'd like to think any manager of Rangers deserves the time to prove himself one way or another.

its not difficult at all actually after the 5-1 humiliation which flattered us to be perfectly honest and Progres which plumbed a depth I didn't think possible

beating motherwell and dunfermline, worthy of praise? really?

once we've won the first 7 games and put on a performance - at least - agiant the fhilth then yes a corner may well have been turned

Well, that makes you a member of the same club as the dog handler, Speirs,

and that, for a Rangers' man, is not good. Doubleplus ungood, actually.

Be careful lest we have to judge you by the company you are keeping.

even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

"Passion" - to me a key factor to the road to glory. Against Motherwell and Dunfermline to have a good plan was ok, but against teams like Hibs you also Need to match the opponents passion. You Need a manager who demands passion and you Need Players who lead with passion. Hibs Players Need to feel that they are the uninvited guests to a Rangers party. Thats what i look Forward for tomorrow and hope to get to see

There have been too many ready to jump on Pedro from day one! He inherited a shambles full of time wasters and charlatans! Most of them downed tools and tried to get him sacked!

As has been said before, some just don't like him even though the football and team has been gelling. I know there are also some who will not back down and lose face just because they don't like him. No matter how well he does.

Pedro will come good. Matador Magic awaits and Hibs are the next "Toro" for the sword.......

Edited by cooponthewing

There have been too many ready to jump on Pedro from day one! He inherited a shambles full of time wasters and charlatans! Most of them downed tools and tried to get him sacked!

As has been said before, some just don't like him even though the football and team has been gelling. I know there are also some who will not back down and lose face just because they don't like him. No matter how well he does.

Pedro will come good. Matador Magic awaits and Hibs are the next "Toro" for the sword.......

One thing I will say is with hindsight of course - the squad is far more balanced and looks better than what he inherited and what Warburton had 12 months ago. Dorrans gets in the team over Barton all day long, Alves and Cardoso easily walk into the centre defence ahead of Kiernan and Hill although the latter was a good servant for a while.

Role on 10pm for the match today and hopefully RTV feed works well.

Always find it strange if people debate or debated "seasons" on the back a game or two games. We'd probably swing our aims per season on a weekly basis. The most baffling thing here is that we all have been around as football watchers for more then a months, haven't we?

As in: while it is fine to debate things and put questions out, we are not even a handful of games into a season against very different opposition, so how can a manager "redeem" himself ... and for what? Progres? The Yahoos et al will probably go on for months with regards to this, and if anyone it is them who needs to be quitened. Win the League Cup and put it onto our historic record. Win the SFA Cup and put it onto our historic record. Or win the League Title and put it onto our historic record. That will quiten our detractors.

As for redeeming, PC and his (!) players should play decent, good-to-the eye and successful football for most of the season. That will see us in good stead for all the challenges that lie ahead. Ask again at the end of October or the like.

2 matches played and 2 wins. Has Pedro started to redeem himself?

Its still very early and the bigger tests come with the next two matches against Hibs and Hearts.

But after the end of last season and the disaster in the summer it was imperative we got off to a good start.

There will be belief installed following these results, plus the squad is looking good with good options in every position, we have a nice balance.

A sensible question and a valid time to ask.

He has started to redeem himself. The team is giving us many reasons to be positive. I'm going into the match today with more confidence than I expected.

This match is a bigger test. If we have another convincing win then we will have even more reason to be positive.

First game I've seen since Luxembourg and still am bemused by PC selection, tactics, and subs.

I remain convinced he won't see his first anniversary.

The more I see of his signings, Cardoso, Candieas, Pena, etc the more I think we have just replaced diddies with eh diddies. Add to that he continues to have faith in last years failures - Wes, Tav, Hodson, Windass, MILLER, I see some progress but I believe we are in the wrong hands.

I was still roaring us on into injury time today when more than half the crowd has long gone and I will continue to do so but I really fear for us under PC.