McLeish tips Aberdeen for 2nd

LOL..where we are just now I think winning is everything. I'd suggest the brand of football to be very much of secondary importance

Winning being everything is fine and well when it means winning Scottish titles, but it soon get exposed in Europe. Teams who play crap football week in week out will soon get destroyed by anyone half decent.

And as a football fan I want to be entertained.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Winning being everything is fine and well when it means winning Scottish titles, but it soon get exposed in Europe. Teams who play crap football week in week out will soon get destroyed by anyone half decent.

take a season ticket at the Kings Theatre.:thup:

I'm still confused that you bring Europe into the equation. Europe is nothing more than a bonus for us given our current situation.

I would take winning Scottish titles every day of the week because, if nothing else, it prevents Celtic from obtaining the riches of Europe, which in turn reduces their financial advantage over us. Some want their cake and to eat it too, which is fine, but this whole Europe thing is like attempting to fly to the moon in a Fiat 500

I'm still confused that you bring Europe into the equation. Europe is nothing more than a bonus for us given our current situation.

I would take winning Scottish titles every day of the week because, if nothing else, it prevents Celtic from obtaining the riches of Europe, which in turn reduces their financial advantage over us. Some want their cake and to eat it too, which is fine, but this whole Europe thing is like attempting to fly to the moon in a Fiat 500

Not being in Europe is the very reason we're in this situation. And by that I mean them being light years ahead of us. A club of our size should be making a decent account of themselves on a yearly basis, even if it's just the Europa.

Not being in Europe is the very reason we're in this situation. And by that I mean them being light years ahead of us. A club of our size should be making a decent account of themselves on a yearly basis, even if it's just the Europa.

Not being in Europe is only PART of the reason. Chuck Green and his cohorts blew through tens of millions on who knows what from the IPO - had that money stayed within the club we could very well be challenging by now. You are trying to use Europe in isolation, which isn't accurate.

We would have went into administration, IMHO, whether or not we qualified for the CL in 2011/12 - There is a belief, how true who knows, that Craig Whyte wanted Rangers in admin anyway so as to get the CVA approved to rid the club of the BTC. So Europe wouldn't have helped us out of admin - and then the dominoes would still have fallen.

You want to run before we can walk. We are in such a financial situation that the only realistic way we have of catching Celtic is of starving them of their European (by that read CL) riches. If we do that then they will have no option but to downsize their playing squad and wage budget. They are a million miles ahead of us financially and whilst they have Rodgers, who may not be wonderful but, like many players, finds the Scottish game easy then we have little hope of catching them whilst they still have the CL monies. Starve them of that and we see their standard drop, which makes us more competitive. THEN we can look to Europe in a realistic fashion.

It's our inability to play good football that sees us currently at 6th place in the league.

Have you watched any of our games this season ? Serious question. Until the ref intervened in the Hibs game we were playing some excellent stuff. High pressing, high tempo, good movement and good passing (Miller aside, that's for you TB :thup:)