Pedro, a man with dignity. Rangers v Dundee preview.

I actually thought it was Bruno that got booked but I sit up the other end so didn't have a great view? I think it was persistent pulling/shoving in the box. I'm presuming we are talking about the incident at the free kick then corner in the second half?[/QUOTE]

Aye, the cameras missed it

The ref warned them about shoving especially the Dundee number 3 in the first place and thing became a little heated but handled well by Dallas,Morelos becoming involved at this stage when he should not have.

After calming it down Dallas kept an eye on the goalmouth and when the number 3 and Morelos kept at it booked both.

IMO Dallas handled this part well,but for the tackle on Candieas a straight red IMO.

We haven't played the sheep but Dundee have in their own sheep pen and came away with a narrow 2-1 defeat having had 9 shots at goal to the sheeps 10. We had superior possession statistics and 19 shots at goal today. For about 90% of it we were swarming all over them.

And Hearts have also played the sheep just today and should have won judging by the statistics. They had 18 shots at goal to 11 for the sheep and superior possession while we played Hearts off the park and just couldn't net. I get what you mean about fearing to make such statements but as it stands these are the current realities.

If we now hammer Partick twice with impressive performances I will begin to believe we are becoming consistent and will be looking for a win over the unmentionables. They're good going forward but not so good defending and they have faced nothing in this league to match our attacking capabilities.

That might be the day Pedro decides to field a slightly different line up with both Jack and Rossiter locking up the central midfield while Candeias with either Dorrans or Pena go at them with Morelos and Herrera up front. In fact if we can beat them it would be the most significant victory over them in years in terms of both boosting the teams confidence and knocking the stuffing out of their insufferable preening.

Those comparisons between Aberdeen vs Dundee and Rangers vs Dundee are absolutely pointless though. They mean nothing until and unless we play these teams. Lets not forget that last season you maintained we were better than Aberdeen, even after the final league table showed that we finished below them. By that point we had each played everyone so surely Aberdeen were better than us ? How Dundee play against Rangers and how they play against Aberdeen is no indication of how Rangers will do against Aberdeen.

The comparisons you make are of little relevance other than to assuage your own belief JFK.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding - once we have played St Johnstone and Aberdeen we will have a better understanding of whether we are better than them or not - not due to some spurious comparison of how one team did against both of the teams being compared.

The current reality is that Hearts have played Aberdeen and so too have Dundee, and neither have beaten them. That doesn't translate into a decent comparison of us vs Aberdeen though. That is the current reality. We will only find out when we play them.

One game at a time. That should be our attitude given how inconsistent we have been over the last 18 months.

The ref warned them about shoving especially the Dundee number 3 in the first place and thing became a little heated but handled well by Dallas,Morelos becoming involved at this stage when he should not have.

After calming it down Dallas kept an eye on the goalmouth and when the number 3 and Morelos kept at it booked both.

IMO Dallas handled this part well,but for the tackle on Candieas a straight red IMO.

At this point we have scored 11 league goals which only the yahoos can better on 12 and Morelos netted 5 of those goals so he accounts for almost half the total haul. It worries me that he's going to keep accumulating cards and get a suspension because we may struggle without him in there.

At this point we have scored 11 league goals which only the yahoos can better on 12 and Morelos netted 5 of those goals so he accounts for almost half the total haul. It worries me that he's going to keep accumulating cards and get a suspension because we may struggle without him in there.

Quite possibly. But with the quality of cross that Candeias was putting in yesterday I would be hopeful, just hopeful, that Herrera would be physical enough to bag some goals from those crosses.

I don't agree that the only way through a packed defence is high tempo. We managed it today by getting deliveries into the box quickly and early. You don't need high tempo for that, you just need to create the space on the wing and have good quality crossing.

But I agree that Zenit eventually had high tempo...... but why did that come about ? Because they actually slowed the tempo, gave us more of the ball, sucked us out of defence and then hit us. by playing constantly at high tempo today we would have struggled to break them down. You have to have alternates if things aren't going to plan.

One touch passes also doesn't necessarily mean high tempo - one touch passes along the back 4 for 10 minutes hardly constitutes high tempo.

Anyway, you personally see that today was a poor performance whereas I saw it as being a professional performance which, aside from 10 minutes of the game, saw us dominate possession and, for the most part, in the opponents half. I wont complain about that.

Man city gave a master class in high tempo passing yesterday. De Bruyne is the main catalyst, every pass is first time with pace and cutting through the defence catching them on the back foot.

We take too many touches still and Wallace is really bad for accepting the ball with his back to goal and only going backwards, same can be said for dorrans and jack. We need to cut out the short pass from CB's to centre mids less than 3-5 feet away facing the wrong way. That type of pass has a place but when the ball goes back to the CB it should then be moved forward with pace and directness into the space vacated by whoever pushes up on jack et al

Quite possibly. But with the quality of cross that Candeias was putting in yesterday I would be hopeful, just hopeful, that Herrera would be physical enough to bag some goals from those crosses.

Morelos is showing the potential to become a goal scoring phenomenon. Keep in mind that the human male doesn't reach a physical peak till around 25 so he's going to become stronger and even more lethal as he gains in both strength and experience. He may hit 30 goals if he maintains this goals to games ratio.