Billy Davies on Rangers...

I've been to Spain and Portugal and never had any attention of attending a bull-fight because I don't think it's remotely entertaining.

But it's part of the culture over there and I appreciate different things about different parts of the world. It's none of our business. If PC wants to do it, I have no problem with that.

Billy Davies is a clown.

Edited by Gonzo79

It was his "employment" at that time and no matter what a breadwinner has to do what is necessary to provide for them-self/family,and Pedro seems to have moved on many years ago,the bullfighting being perpetuated by the media.

More worrying to me,if you have seen it in the news,is the persecution of Scottish wildlife,by poisoning,shooting etc.by "Landowners" in the pursuit of profit.I am lucky to have seen an eagle fly.

Yes, I've been following that. Obviously I share your worry but I won't say more as I don't want to cause annoyance to those who would, understandably, reply with "take it to the lounge".

And so, to end on a football note, here's some deja vu:

"Sheffield Wednesday capitalised on some sloppy Nottingham Forest defending to earn a first home league win this term."

Edited by SteveC

Totally different killing a beast humanely and painlessly or humiliating it, killing it painfully and slowly. First they torture it, drug it and blind it to disorientate it. They both may not be 100% okay but to say they are the same thing is just total crap.

You are missing gunslinger's point.

His point is that, in Portugal, bull fighting is not only allowed but is considered a national sport. That was his comparison between Pedro and Warburton.

You or I may find it inhumane (and I do) but that doesn't change the fact that in Pedro's homeland it is legal, therefore why should he be less appropriate to be our manager than Davies ? Right enough, Davies is at liberty to be sexually promiscuous if he pleases.

It borders on xenophobia to have an issue with someone because of their cultural background (not aimed at you pete, just a general observation).

You are missing gunslinger's point.

His point is that, in Portugal, bull fighting is not only allowed but is considered a national sport. That was his comparison between Pedro and Warburton.

You or I may find it inhumane (and I do) but that doesn't change the fact that in Pedro's homeland it is legal, therefore why should he be less appropriate to be our manager than Davies ? Right enough, Davies is at liberty to be sexually promiscuous if he pleases.

It borders on xenophobia to have an issue with someone because of their cultural background (not aimed at you pete, just a general observation).

In Africa Cannibalism is\was part of their culture. Should we just accept that for any African tribesmen. There you go mate just help yourself to a little white meat it is okay it is your culture. Cultures that are wrong and involves the slaughter of people or animals for fun should be banned. we live in 2017. We can't even call a dark skinned person, black or sing the word fenian but yet we stand by and let certain, European countries I add, slaughter bulls. Jesus the EU won't even let you have a bent cucumber but still allow blood sports.

Anyway I am not promoting Davies for manager and I don't hold Pedro's past against him or Davies for that fact I just, up until now, don't think he is a good manager. He has still to beat a top team and has probably the worst Rangers managers record. I really hope he proves me wrong.

Id like to think Club chairmen and board members wouldnt even consider forums when making a decision on choosing a manager.

Nothing personal against Davies but Im glad he hasnt been in charge at Ibrox before for footballing reasons.

This thread has taken an unexpected turn.

Regarding Davies, he did an interview with the BBC recently that is gathering dust in a filing cabinet as it's deemed not broadcastable. Even BBC Scotland have certain standards when it comes to slander.

I'm no expert but Davies displays a number of traits associated with illness, I hope he's okay and perhaps seeks professional help.

As for bull fighting as someone who attended the San Fermin festival in Pamplona a few years ago I'm not really in a position to criticise anyone's support for bull fighting. I'm not sure bull fighting is significantly more cruel than fishing to be honest, albeit cows are relatively more sentient than mackerel or trout.

This thread has taken an unexpected turn.

Regarding Davies, he did an interview with the BBC recently that is gathering dust in a filing cabinet as it's deemed not broadcastable. Even BBC Scotland have certain standards when it comes to slander.

I'm no expert but Davies displays a number of traits associated with illness, I hope he's okay and perhaps seeks professional help.

As for bull fighting as someone who attended the San Fermin festival in Pamplona a few years ago I'm not really in a position to criticise anyone's support for bull fighting. I'm not sure bull fighting is significantly more cruel than fishing to be honest, albeit cows are relatively more sentient than mackerel or trout.

Pamplona is on my bucket list John! It's a brilliant festival. I was watching the Spanish news a few years ago and they were saying the locals would rent out their balconies for €500 per day! I had it down to go to when I was forty but circumstances dictated otherwise.

However back on Davies. I was going to post something similar but as I'm not professionally qualified didn't want to offer a serious opinion. He is clearly very narcissistic but weather or not those traits now manifest as a disorder is not for me to judge?