Who's blaming him for our demise? I've been one of his biggest supporters this season, but I also think we should expect more from him as he is our "best player" and I certainly don't think he behaves like a captain should. I don't think anyone on here is just coming on and saying "he's shite" or anything like that.

As for our poor performance yet again this season, that's down to the poor standard of player and weak squad IMO. DM needs to be made accountable, but we also need to look at the players in that squad who have now under-performed for three managers.

Who's blaming him for our demise? I've been one of his biggest supporters this season, but I also think we should expect more from him as he is our "best player" and I certainly don't think he behaves like a captain should. I don't think anyone on here is just coming on and saying "he's shite" or anything like that.

As for our poor performance yet again this season, that's down to the poor standard of player and weak squad IMO. DM needs to be made accountable, but we also need to look at the players in that squad who have now under-performed for three managers.

Yes mate, you have been a Fergie fan but have swinged recently into me and Petes league.

Im sorry but I think Ferguson is our weak link in the team. Yes he has talent and when he plays well he can control a game, but his dictator skills when he is playing bad makes the team play bad. I get so pissed off with him taking on so much responsibility, he disrespects his team mates and has no confidence in them.

Personally id punt Ferguson. We should have never signed him back, he done a great job first time round and now he is just a bad egg and rotten apple.

He gets more stick because of various reasons.

1. He´s Captain and should lead by example but quite simply he´s not got it in him to be captain of Rangers. He can be a tremendous player on his day but he´s still not a captain.

2. He put´s himself accross as Mr Rangers "bury me in my Rangers top" yet left to go to Blackburn. I could buy it no problem if he didn´t come out with comments like that.

3. His leading role and behaviour in the dressing room revolt over "too much training", an early start, dietry control etc.

He use´s Mhedia to help him in his campaign against PLG, fighting back the tears he makes the calls that were to cause massive upheavel at our club.

This has split the support and has set the club back for who knows how long. The only way to go was the disciplined, professional approach giving youngsters a chance.

The alternative is back to the past but without the money which means the type of player willing to come to spl will be to top up pension, no footballing ambition (spl is that bad) etc.

4. Mr Rangers thinks of himself, then some more about himself before the club.

5. On the pitch he often does his own thing which is tactically indisciplined and the result is like Rangers playing with 10 men. Hemdani is the man to take the ball from defenders but if Ferguson goes to get it off the toes of Weir then he has a big gap in front of him.

6. His "Ma baw" style has himself at the centre of everything which can make him look good BUT sometimes at the expense of other midfielders who all they do is pass to BF. This means that the opposition can plan a match more easily and negates contribution of others, eg. Thomson.

7. In his 2 years as captain we haven´t won a trophy or even been to a semi-final of a cup competition.

I could go on but I´ve got to go to work.

I´m no Ferguson hater, more a Rangers lover and our club would be better off without him for many, many reasons.

Please Rangers get him transferred

He gets more stick because of various reasons.

1. He�´s Captain and should lead by example but quite simply he�´s not got it in him to be captain of Rangers. He can be a tremendous player on his day but he�´s still not a captain.

2. He put�´s himself accross as Mr Rangers "bury me in my Rangers top" yet left to go to Blackburn. I could buy it no problem if he didn�´t come out with comments like that.

3. His leading role and behaviour in the dressing room revolt over "too much training", an early start, dietry control etc.

He use�´s Mhedia to help him in his campaign against PLG, fighting back the tears he makes the calls that were to cause massive upheavel at our club.

This has split the support and has set the club back for who knows how long. The only way to go was the disciplined, professional approach giving youngsters a chance.

The alternative is back to the past but without the money which means the type of player willing to come to spl will be to top up pension, no footballing ambition (spl is that bad) etc.

4. Mr Rangers thinks of himself, then some more about himself before the club.

5. On the pitch he often does his own thing which is tactically indisciplined and the result is like Rangers playing with 10 men. Hemdani is the man to take the ball from defenders but if Ferguson goes to get it off the toes of Weir then he has a big gap in front of him.

6. His "Ma baw" style has himself at the centre of everything which can make him look good BUT sometimes at the expense of other midfielders who all they do is pass to BF. This means that the opposition can plan a match more easily and negates contribution of others, eg. Thomson.

7. In his 2 years as captain we haven�´t won a trophy or even been to a semi-final of a cup competition.

I could go on but I�´ve got to go to work.

I�´m no Ferguson hater, more a Rangers lover and our club would be better off without him for many, many reasons.

Please Rangers get him transferred

Absolute excellent post! Couldnt agree more :thup:

He´s Captain and should lead by example but quite simply he´s not got it in him to be captain of Rangers. He can be a tremendous player on his day but he´s still not a captain.

3 managers have made him captain of Rangers - am I the only one that thinks all 3 can't be wrong?

2. He put´s himself accross as Mr Rangers "bury me in my Rangers top" yet left to go to Blackburn. I could buy it no problem if he didn´t come out with comments like that.

We will never know the real reasons for Fergie leaving for Blackburn. The cynic in me says that Fergie was sold to keep the banks away from our doors, and I'll believe that until Mr Murray can prove otherwise.

He use´s Mhedia to help him in his campaign against PLG, fighting back the tears he makes the calls that were to cause massive upheavel at our club.

So as captian, Fergie should ignore the pleas from the dressing room and be a yes man to a manager who had clearly lost the dressing room and some would argue, the plot? We were DIRE under PLG, the players couldn't understand his team-talks and our form was horrendous. The Captain is the lynch-pin from dressing room to manager. To think/state/believe that Fergie was the demise of PLG is unbelievable. PLG last his job due to piss poor signings and piss poor form - a man working his ticket and happy to leave Rangers.

So we transfer Fergie and who do we replace him with? Name ONE player who has the skill, drive and determination of BF that is in our 'transfer bracket'? Name ONE player who would put his health and career on the line, take pain killing injections that made them ILL for 3 days after matches to pull on the blue jersey?

Barry Ferguson isn't anyones cup of tea, but by fook he is the best player we have by a country mile.

Back to the topic in hand, and WS record. Yes it is decent and yes we are now 'hard to beat', but over a season, is that going to be good enough to win the league? I'd argue, with us losing players like Buffel, Prso, Novo and possibley Hendami, we aren't good enough to win the league.

Players like Gow and Broadfoot aren't better replacements, its as simple as that. We are short in too many key areas and IMO have only one good player (see above) surrounded by run-of-the-mill SPL players. Remove BF and we have 11 run-of-the-mill SPL players. Is that good enough to win the title, very, very, very unlikely.

Cammy F

3 managers have made him captain of Rangers - am I the only one that thinks all 3 can't be wrong?

We will never know the real reasons for Fergie leaving for Blackburn. The cynic in me says that Fergie was sold to keep the banks away from our doors, and I'll believe that until Mr Murray can prove otherwise.

So as captian, Fergie should ignore the pleas from the dressing room and be a yes man to a manager who had clearly lost the dressing room and some would argue, the plot? We were DIRE under PLG, the players couldn't understand his team-talks and our form was horrendous. The Captain is the lynch-pin from dressing room to manager. To think/state/believe that Fergie was the demise of PLG is unbelievable. PLG last his job due to piss poor signings and piss poor form - a man working his ticket and happy to leave Rangers.

So we transfer Fergie and who do we replace him with? Name ONE player who has the skill, drive and determination of BF that is in our 'transfer bracket'? Name ONE player who would put his health and career on the line, take pain killing injections that made them ILL for 3 days after matches to pull on the blue jersey?

Barry Ferguson isn't anyones cup of tea, but by fook he is the best player we have by a country mile.

Cammy F

Fair enough and i accept others views even tho i disagree.

But this thing about Ferguson being in the team in nonsense. Those who think he is the best player we have need to wake up and maybe think that he is the reason why we play be bad even when he has a good game. Its narrow minded to think other wise.

He is a good player but his antics ruin the rest of the tem and he is a weak link and bottom line is we would be a better TEAM without him.

I bet most of the dressing room would vote him out giving the chance as they see him as a bully.

So the dressing room would vote him out? Didn't you see the celebrations at the Motherwell game? Boyd and his '6 finger salute'? Haven't you read that even seasoned pro's like Prso backed Fergie as even he knew that PLG had lost the dressing room?

As a Rangers fan, it is clearly fashionable to 'dislike' Barry Ferguson as he is an easy target for those who think PLG was going to 'turn us around' as PLG aand his allies in the media painted BF as public ememy No1.

As for us being a better team WITHOUT Fergie, I just can't agree with that. Now, for the record, I don't 'like' Fergie, but would have him in my team before Hendami, Thompson, Adam, Burke, Gow, Brown et al.

He is, IMO the only player in the current squad that can / could be classed alongside the great players who have graced Ibrox recently - Gazza, laudrup, Albertz, Gio, RDB etc. In fact, Gazza still reckons that BF is one the the best players he has played with.

Cammy F

Cammy F

As for us being a better team WITHOUT Fergie, I just can't agree with that. Now, for the record, I don't 'like' Fergie, but would have him in my team before Hendami, Thompson, Adam, Burke, Gow, Brown et al.

Every game we have played without him in the past 2 seasons we have played well. Inverness away last season with Boab Malcolm in the midfield we played well and for a few games after.

The start of this season we were awesome, then he came back in and eventually dictated play and ruined us.

He is, IMO the only player in the current squad that can / could be classed alongside the great players who have graced Ibrox recently - Gazza, laudrup, Albertz, Gio, RDB etc. In fact, Gazza still reckons that BF is one the the best players he has played with.

Cammy, You know your stuff mate, but that has to be the worst comment you have ever posted and a insult to the greats of Gazza, Lauders, Albertz and De Boer. Ferguson is nowhere near the class of those players. Crikey, Gazza goes down as one of the best EVER, Ferguson couldnt lace his boots. Ferguson couldnt get near the Milan team that Laudrup was in. Those guys CONSISTANTLY played well and banged in 15+ goals a season for Rangers.

:admin:

The flip side to that though is that Fergie is one of a core of players who have underperformed and been posted missing in action when the chips are really down, under Alex McLeish, Paul le Guen and Walter Smith.

Maybe part of the problem is that Fergie looks like a shadow of his former self and as such he's having to work harder to win over sections of the support.

As a Rangers fan, it is clearly fashionable to 'dislike' Barry Ferguson as he is an easy target for those who think PLG was going to 'turn us around' as PLG aand his allies in the media painted BF as public ememy No1.

Not sure about that though. The amount of stories which seemed to come from or around BF far outnumbered the rumours which came from PLG's side of things. End of the day we just don't know what happened, but many of the rumours about his behaviour which came out during that embarrassing episode have been around for a good few years now and we'd all heard them before.

I do think he's a fantastic player, probably the best all rounder we have just now by a long distance, but I just don't understand a lot of his behaviour and how he plays on the pitch at times.

Cammy, You know your stuff mate, but that has to be the worst comment you have ever posted and a insult to the greats of Gazza, Lauders, Albertz and De Boer. Ferguson is nowhere near the class of those players. Crikey, Gazza goes down as one of the best EVER, Ferguson couldnt lace his boots. Ferguson couldnt get near the Milan team that Laudrup was in. Those guys CONSISTANTLY played well and banged in 15+ goals a season for Rangers.

Ah, but the difference is, the players mentioned had VERY good players alongside them. Look at Fergie's performances when he had players like Mols, RDB, Lovenkrands, Arteta et al besides him (Firsts To 50 Video).

As for a goal scoring midfield player, IIRC, only Albertz outscores Fergie on that count.

All about opinions.

Cammy F