Ah, but the difference is, the players mentioned had VERY good players alongside them. Look at Fergie's performances when he had players like Mols, RDB, Lovenkrands, Arteta et al besides him (Firsts To 50 Video).

As for a goal scoring midfield player, IIRC, only Albertz outscores Fergie on that count.

All about opinions.

Cammy F

True, and i have always said Ferguson was a superb player next to these players when he was young and just "got on with the game". But even I would shine next to Albertz, Gio, Reyna and Tugay.

As the old saying goes" sometimes less is more" Barry may be one of the most talented players in Scotland and possibly England as well(i am serious on that) but the fact is he is not a team player. He does what Barry Ferguson wants to do and not what is best for the team. As Gribz said, at the beginning of the season we played awesome football until Barry came back in, and we went downhill from there.

The fact that Boyd gave his six finger salute does not mean that the dressing room was with Fergie, but that Boyd was also a traitor.

For once, I am in total agreement with Cammy. Whilst Fergie is no world beater, he's the best we've got and the bashing he gets is crazy. Having said that he does put himself out there and likes being the centre of attention so it is to be expected.

Cammy, You know your stuff mate, but that has to be the worst comment you have ever posted and a insult to the greats of Gazza, Lauders, Albertz and De Boer. Ferguson is nowhere near the class of those players. Crikey, Gazza goes down as one of the best EVER, Ferguson couldnt lace his boots. Ferguson couldnt get near the Milan team that Laudrup was in. Those guys CONSISTANTLY played well and banged in 15+ goals a season for Rangers.

Cammy's point was that it was Gazza's opinion so it doesn't make sense to say this is Cammy's worst ever comment.

stewarty

cammyf loyal

For once, I am in total agreement with Cammy. Whilst Fergie is no world beater, he's the best we've got and the bashing he gets is crazy. Having said that he does put himself out there and likes being the centre of attention so it is to be expected.

Cammy's point was that it was Gazza's opinion so it doesn't make sense to say this is Cammy's worst ever comment.

stewarty

cammyf loyal

Fergie, no world beater....you�´ve got that right.

Best player ?

Whether he is or not he doesn�´t play for the team. You don�´t play for the team then you go, it�´s that simple.....any manager worth his salt would make this decision.

In fact it was made in January but overuled by a mob of Barry lovers who had bought into all that "bury me in my Blackburn, no, Hamilton Accies, no Rangers top" media campaign.

For me, the worst moment in 34 years of supporting Rangers....the moment I took on board that Rangers as a club have no true ambition to better themselves, and it was the baying mob, so easily influenced by the gutter press and radio that put the nail in the coffin of a vision that required time and authority.

Ask yourself what Alex Ferguson would do with Fergie. He�´s never hesitated to get rid of players who weren�´t good for the team, whoever they were.

Look at Ferguson�´s record and ask yourself what is the most important an individual or the team ?

Fergie, no world beater....you�´ve got that right.

Best player ?

Whether he is or not he doesn�´t play for the team. You don�´t play for the team then you go, it�´s that simple.....any manager worth his salt would make this decision.

In fact it was made in January but overuled by a mob of Barry lovers who had bought into all that "bury me in my Blackburn, no, Hamilton Accies, no Rangers top" media campaign.

For me, the worst moment in 34 years of supporting Rangers....the moment I took on board that Rangers as a club have no true ambition to better themselves, and it was the baying mob, so easily influenced by the gutter press and radio that put the nail in the coffin of a vision that required time and authority.

Ask yourself what Alex Ferguson would do with Fergie. He�´s never hesitated to get rid of players who weren�´t good for the team, whoever they were.

Look at Ferguson�´s record and ask yourself what is the most important an individual or the team ?

The team is the most important, of that there is no doubt. However, can you honestly say that PLG's team, with or without BF was 'going places'?

Ask yourself this, if in any of SDM businesses, an 'underling' was casuing friction, who would SDM sack? The (rumoured) disruptive 'underling' or the manager?

I can be argued that the PLG 'faction' were blinded by the likes of Graeme Speirs' of this world who portrayed Fergie as the bad boy and PLG as the innocent 'foriegner' who was being under-mind by big bad Fergie.

PLG lost his job at Rangers due to piss poor results, piss poor performances, piss poor signings and a piss poor understanding of English and the Scottish game. BF had NO influence on any of the above and to blame him for PLG's sacking is rediculous.

For me, the worst moment in 34 years of supporting Rangers was losing at home to St Johnstone, the first time in our history that we have ever lost to a lower league team at home in a cup tie. I suppose the 'barry haters' will find away to blame BF for this defeat as well as global warming, 3rd world debt and the Iraq conflict.

Cammy F

stewarty

cammyf loyal

No Cammy said he thought Ferguson could be as good as Gazza etc. The bit about Gazza was that he thought Ferguson was one of the better players he had played with.

It was maybe an over reaction from me to say it was the worst post ever but its one i strongly disagree with.

I think Ferguson has had 1 season with 19 goals out of 7 or 8 years.

No Cammy said he thought Ferguson could be as good as Gazza etc. The bit about Gazza was that he thought Ferguson was one of the better players he had played with.

It was maybe an over reaction from me to say it was the worst post ever but its one i strongly disagree with.

I think Ferguson has had 1 season with 19 goals out of 7 or 8 years.

I do think Ferguson can be as good as Gazza was for Rangers. IMO, in the first to 50 season, BF was as good as Gazza was at any point in his Rangers career.

I would also argue that BF has out performed Gazza on the European stage for Rangers. Gazza never really did it in Europe (sending offs, bad performances during an era where we were thrashed on many occassion on the European stage).

I would also argue that if BF was playing in a Rangers team packed full of international and world class players, he would be more influencial than even Gazza was for Rangers.

All speculation as it is hugely unlikely that BF will ever have the class of player beside him as players like Gazza, Laudrup and Albertz enjoyed playing with.

Cammy F

The following was taken from FF (Author, Jaffa the biscuit)

Le Guen inherited the worst Rangers side in 20 years, even 10 million probably wouldn't have been enough to turn around the pile of shit we had. He got rid of many duds but sadly the first few players that arrived couldn't provide the level of performance (along with the other duds around them) domestically.

Le Guens opening season would have been a bad one, but lessons are learned and mistakes are made. Getting the right players, tactics, attitude, fitness levels all takes time, you cannot turn a shower of shite into "true winners" over a 7 month period, especially not with our team as bad as they were.

In time that guy could have and would have turned this club around in terms of the kind of players we bring through, the attitude our team has, the quality on show.......the whole package, something new to the table.

But no, he was let down by those who were supposed to show him the same respect and appreciation, (the same players that got McLeish the sack) a small section of fans wanted to follow one player (who has been a part of our shit team for a few years) over a manager who had a lot to offer. New ideas, a continental style and attitude, a complete professional...and the sort of manager who could lure young and raw talent to our side (not sign old has beens).

It's probably the biggest mistake we have ever made........I honestly believe that.

Le Guen has the capabilities, in time we would have turned it around and became a first class outfit...instead we hope to try now and be a bit better domestically and put up a better fight against celtic - That's some vision that.

Walter, Ally, Barry Ferguson - they will all get my full support, It's Rangers first - everything else comes later, they are what we have currently and will get my full backing, but if I could have it any other way, I would have Le Guen back here and I would allow him the chance to have a fair crack of the whip.

You do not get rid of a manager after 7 months, especially not at Rangers FC.

Cammy

And I�´ll add the "pro- PLG campaign from the herald must have passed me by because I didn�´t notice it.

Ask yourself why we were getting the bad results ?

Couldn�´t have had anything to do with dressing room divide could it, BF and his little group of so-called professionals were throwing their toys out of the pram.

The one big mistake of PLG�´s was to spend 1.8M on Sebo.

If he�´d been allowed more money and had bought Elmander things could have been different but no.

I do think Ferguson can be as good as Gazza was for Rangers. IMO, in the first to 50 season, BF was as good as Gazza was at any point in his Rangers career.

Again il have to disagree on that point. I just cant see how BF will ever be as good as Gazza for Rangers. I just think back to April 1996 when Gazza clinched us 8IAR with that hat trick against Aberdeen. The 2nd goal where he ran from his own half was awesome and something only a Gascoigne or Laudrup could do.

I would also argue that BF has out performed Gazza on the European stage for Rangers. Gazza never really did it in Europe (sending offs, bad performances during an era where we were thrashed on many occassion on the European stage).

You may have a point here. Gazza lost it when it came to europe and was always too fired up for the occassion most noticebly Ajax away. But thats a mental problem and nothing to do with ability. I still remember Gazza turning it on against Steau Buchurest and scoring another individual classic.

I would also argue that if BF was playing in a Rangers team packed full of international and world class players, he would be more influencial than even Gazza was for Rangers.

Yes i can agree there. When Ferguson was in the team of 99-2000 he was very impressive. But now he goes about his job different and tries to do too much which is part of his downfall IMO. As Pete says less can be more.