[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

Fod set up his wall,the ball was struck and heading towards where Fod was stationed IMO Alves was aware of this ,tried to allow the ball through but unfortunately diverted into net.

Also Tav seemed to start season quite well but is again becoming the "Wanderer2 and losing his awareness in defence as was shown in two quick moments at second goal,1) playing the winger on side and 2) not covering properly.

We definitely need at least one CB to take place of Cardoso and Wilson.

I am afraid i totally disagree with you about Alves letting the ball go to foderingham. In fact I can't believe you really think that.

Alves jumped turning his back. The way Alves was running backwards and forwards at the 2nd goal it is no wonder nobody knew where to hold the line.

My point was that I think you mistake the purpose of an internet forum - almost on any subject, far less that of the current fortunes of a football team to which the posters are actively reacting. Surely what I mean is self-explanatory? On such a forum posters will "end up swinging from one polar opinion to the opposite." It's a f@cking internet forum, ffs!

As such it is specifically designed to elicit such responses. It's not a question of what is "deemed necessary". Football forums, like FarceBook and Twatter, are specifically, if unintentionally - perhaps - designed to ampily unreasonable reactions.

The Internet (and yes I'm old enough to have been in on it when only a tiny percentage was, I made it my job, in fact, for over a decade from '84) was once seen as a wonderful tool where information and eductation could be shared amongst all.

What it has become, of course, is something else altogether. Apart from all the sinister manipulation, the generic in-built appeal to black/white yes/no me/you polarities has created a worldwide primary 5 playground that turns the stomach.

On the other hand - isn't that just about where a match thread on a forum for committed (both sense!) fans should reside? Does that not match the reality of fans reacting after the match?

Reflection comes later. Perhaps you should start another regular post match thread, say two days later, entitled "mature reflections". (I mean that seriously, btw, and you could lead it off each week - just don't be optimistic just for the sake of it , please :-) )

In case that parenthetical comment backfires, I honestly - desperately trying to take my bias out of it - still think we would, in a just world, be at most one point behind going into next week.

Having said which, we should, and must, have enough about us to overcome this, by now ingrained. instituional bias.

PS I never saw a single game where Amoruso didn't make a mistake defensively.;) Usually many in any given phase of the game. Gough on the other hand....

PPS I know where we are vis-a-vis our ambitions. I wrote about it pre-season and last season. Folk still don't seem to realise what was done to us and how long it will take to recover. Nor the timing of it all with the Timz desperately trying to work a passage out of a dead end, hence the constant media onslaught and manipulation,

I'm 60 next year and I honestly doubt I'll see us in the Champions League again. Even if we win the league - an Everest of a climb from where we are. That becomes a triple Everest when you consider the off-field forces that would cohere to block it. Even if we do eventally win our league some years hence, we'd not be seeded in the CL qualifiers and therefore hugely unlikely to make the group stages. That's probably all moot anyway as by that time it'll be a closed shop for the usual suspects from "the big 5".

All of this = frustration = boils over in immediate post match threads.

Unfortunately dB's idea of a forum is one where you continually defend your team and are not allowed to offer up criticism, no matter how warranted. Some would call that a propaganda machine.....

Take it easy dB.... just being light hearted :thup:

Regardless of the tackle being malicious, reckless or just an accident, Windass jumped out of his way.

The tackle was meant = Red card. It wasn't reckless as you tried to point out in your previous post, in your efforts to balance what you are saying you have added in 'or just an accident' Unbelievable!

I don't like out and out cowards playing for Rangers and Windass is one. Miller and him should be sent to the youth team.

Bringing Miller into again...yeah send him away before the 'Old Firm' game. :facepalm: Brenda too will be hoping for that scenario I'm sure. Good luck with that.

Aberdeen draw with killie. Saints loose to Dundee... these teams are not ahead of us as much as some of you make out 'big team's' my arse.

We need more clinical fishing a game, and we need stop coming out second half like we are stuck on treacle

By the same token.... We are 3rd in the league and have yet to play any of those teams in the top 4.

There is every chance that as of the end of next weekend we could be 6 points behind Aberdeen after 7 games, 3 behind St Johnstone and 8 behind the Tims. That said, do I think we should get rid of Pedro ? No, I don't. We got robbed of 3 points against Hibs and whilst I haven't seen last night's game.... if Chris Sutton thinks that a Partick player should have been sent off at 1-0 then he should probably have had a double red card.

We can try to shy away of paranoia all we like - but the harsh reality is that the refereeing that we currently see is as a direct result of Celtic's propaganda machine whereby they created a situation where refs went on strike. Sad day though that was in Scottish football, it was highly effective... now referees are afraid to give decisions against them or, indeed, for Rangers.

Look at this season already. How many decisions have we had that have actually went in our favour ? And how many against us ? For Celtic ? And against them ?

I don't follow their games but from what I have read they should have had a penalty against them at 2-1 late in the Partick game. Could have resulted in 2 points dropped.

Us ? The Hibs game is obvious. We dropped point against Hearts but not sure if there were any refereeing incidents there - and last night it seems Partick were lucky to finish with even 10 men.

What has become glaringly obvious to me is that our battle on the pitch is the lesser battle. Winning on the pitch happens when we have an even playing field. Until we win the battle OFF the pitch we simply wont be allowed to win.

Our Board should start making subtle noises about how Rangers seem to be suffering an unbalanced number of decisions going against them.

Oh, I know the purpose full well, but one can still ask for a bit more reason still, don't you think. Our big fellow-fan-forum is the prime example of how modern day internet warriors end up in hysterics about a dropped point and people shout each other down if opinions differ.

By the same token it also isn't healthy to continually making things out to be better than they are

I pretty much agree with your summation but still have an inkling that they're not as good as they and their media fan boys paint them to be. If Partick can give them problems we can certainly give them problems the likes of which no one else in this league will.

And they will give us problems that WE wont see from anyone else.

Your positivity is great, but it lacks balance at times.

Regardless of the tackle being malicious, reckless or just an accident, Windass jumped out of his way.

I don't like out and out cowards playing for Rangers and Windass is one. Miller and him should be sent to the youth team.

I wish Durrant had been a coward in that "tackle" from Simpson, because his career would have been one of the best Scotland has ever seen if he had been a coward. Sometimes, and this may not be a popular view, it is the RIGHT thing to do to pull out of a tackle.

Edited by craig

The situation we have today is 'open season' on inflicting serious injury on Rangers players. The assaults on Jack and Morelos in the game were horrific...one got away with it the other didn't. We could have been looking at two players out for months due to serious injury...the affect this has on our players whether they are crocked or not is this...

1. Is it worth taking the risk in 50/50s or just pulling out?

2. Would a player in the future want to sign for Rangers if this 'open season' is allowed to continue?

This is what's going on today...don't let Rangers get anywhere near stopping the filth. Those two incidents last night could easily have resulted in broken bones, nobody wants to see that, not those with an interest in the sport surely?

The vicious elbow attack on Kenny Miller is another incident that went unpunished...there will be more, certainly in next weeks game on Rangers players - wait and see.

Scottish football is in a terrible state and all that matters is Strachan getting us to the World Cup and the yahoos playing in Europe after Xmas...I predict both 'events' WONT happen!

I'll also predict - The likes of Morelos, Jack and Miller wont last the season unscathed if we get anywhere near the filthy bastards.

I wish Durrant had been a coward in that "tackle" from Simpson, because his career would have been one of the best Scotland has ever seen if he had been a coward. Sometimes, and this may not be a popular view, it is the RIGHT thing to do to pull out of a tackle.

I can remember seeing Graeme Souness pull out of a tackle on occasion and no one would have accused him of being a coward. He simply knew when something was won or lost even before actual contact.