[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

Anyone any idea why Partick got a free kick right at the end when a couple of their defenders were literally lying on top of the ball inside their own penalty area to prevent a Rangers player(Morelos I think) getting the ball ?

I reckon the ref decided our player was too reckless in trying to get the ball from under the Partick player!, incredible!

Edited by ian1964

Firstly, a sadly predictable line-up with Miller somehow retaining his place, and Windass getting the nod over Nico, which tells you everything you need about the manager if he thought that was his first 11 with a fully fit squad to choose from.

First half we controlled but rarely threatened. it seemed we were cruising without the goals that allow you to cruise. Perhaps with a better line-up we would have had the game dead by half time?

I said at HT that we better come out the traps right away and get the second because Thistle were still right in this at 1-0, and within 15 mins we are losing. I wasnt the slightest bit surprised. Cardoso is every bit as bad a defender as Kiernan or Wilson, and letting the ball drop then fouling the player for the free kick that led to the equaliser was dreadful work. Havent seen the second goal again but we still cannot stop crosses coming into our six yard box, and from my seat (half way line beside the media gantry) it looked like Wes dived over the ball. from other comments perhaps the angle was deceptive but wasnt in doubt was we marked really poorly and made about 6 mistakes in the same move to allow the goal.

The early injury to Wallace meant we could only bring on 2 positive subs, and taking off Miller & Jack was right but it meant Windass was very lucky to stay on the pitch. This guy couldnt find a crucial pass to a teammate with a map and compass, lost count the amount of times a player was in a great position only for Josh to choose the wrong option or execute the pass poorly. He is 5% of the player Nico is, and that is only beacuse Nico is only half the player he was. The fact Pedro loves Josh reinforces my thoughts on Pedro.

A great goal from Dorrans (finally getting a bit further forward to be in a position to shoot) and we should have steamed on to win the game, but our final ball, which mostly comes from Windass or Candieas, is generally really poor. Our corners have changed to big floaty efforts which defenders love instead of whipped into the edge of the 6 yard box with pace which defenders hate. That again is a tactical choice from the manager which needs to change.

Sadly, this is the type of performance and rsult we are going to see a lot of under this manager (for however long he remains). We might win a couple of games in a row but we will never put together 6-8 wins on the spin. it seems even 3 is beyond him.

We seem to only play well for 30 minutes a game and if we havent won the game in our good 30 minute spell, then we dont have the heart or desire or fight to tough it out and see it through, or to steal a late winner.

I have such a low opinion of the manager and his ability that I actually wasnt too upset (certainly compared to others on my RSC!) at the draw last night as it isnt a huge surprise, especially after a couple of wins. We just cannot get any momentum going. We now are staring into the face of being 8 points behind BOTH celtic and dolly after just 7 league games. At what point is it obvious to even the most positive of Bears? I am usually in the "give the manager more time" and I so want us to win games and challenge for cups and, eventually, titles. We must, and probably will, win the return to Firhill on Tuesday in the cup, and then we can see what the OF brings. I'll be watching through my fingers!

That's a brilliant post Stugers! I'm not sure it's a conscious decision however I could tell you that nothing ever is?? I was pensively mulling over similar and wasn't sure how to approach it? I'm not sure it's a deliberate agenda, I don't think they have sat down and said "let's get the h@uns".

However there will be some more than others who harbour a grudge. Is this affecting their judgment? Potentially, yes. Perception is everything and everyone's perception is different. "Circumstances deternine experience" or how someone perceived a situation. That's why clubs like C****c apply pressure and endeavour to manipulate the narrative. It's also why human referees are so inconsistent as they perceive it differently. What we have now is a continual set of behaviours from numerous subject which mirror and resemble each other.

I will write a piece on the psychology of what may or may not be happening? To long for a post.

In short it's a fair point Stugers. There is something occurring imo, intentionally or otherwise.

Thanks and wholeheartedly agreed. I think the media is a big influence. A ref makes a decision against Celtic / for Rangers and they are automatically hauled over the coals, the decision analysed multiple times, subjected to multiple articles against them and generally abused. This is whether the decision is right or wrong. So are they subconsciously influenced by this? "Shall I give Rangers this difficult decision, 50/50 or free kick in a dangerous position that may lead to a goal which will result in my performance being scrutinised or shall I just ignore it / not make the decision and have an easy life?". Is that the quick nagging voice of their sub conscience? I think it is. Either that or they have been instructed to do this as EVERY match this season has had ridiculous refereeing decisions against us.

Anyone any idea why Partick got a free kick right at the end when a couple of their defenders were literally lying on top of the ball inside their own penalty area to prevent a Rangers player(Morelos I think) getting the ball ?

They got given it as it was an easy way out of Collum having to give a penalty.

Well, you wonder whether some cheeky media chap will point out at Morelos' aggressive behaviour and want him banned for it. It is a bit astonishing that our players get so much physical abuse before a ref deems a challenge actually book-worthy these days. Maybe Collum thought he evened all the reckless behaviour beforehand out with that red card ...

BTW, a chap over on the German board said that he thought the throw in Partick got ahead of the equalizer wasn't actually theirs?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but after Erskine was sent off, later on in the game the camera kept showing him watching the game.

AFAIK when you get sent off,to the dressing room you go and the dressing room you stay.

Ryan Jack was pictured in the director's box after his sending off.