[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

You would wish people would stop putting every game every week under the microscope. Else you - as we can see again - end up swinging from one polar opinion to the opposite.

Anyone with his or her eyes open would have noted that Firhill is a tough venue to get points, always has been. The Scum won there only because Thistle having a stonewall-penalty (which they would have needed to score, but anyway) denied. Just look at the rest of Thistle's results. Other teams will struggle there too.

Which is not saying that we should have done better playing-wise on our part. We are sure working on it, yet each week we face a different opponent and quite a few still have to adapt to the game here. Peope demand answers on why people are seemingly unfit et al, but what do they actually want? All interna of the club being splashed out in the media? Every single knock or injury explained? When in your life as a supporter did that happen? Ask yourself the same question as in August: when do you expect the team running at full throttle, everything clicking. Perhaps that would lessen the anguish about this or that bad result or performance to a normal level. Its not like we haven't seen this before in decades gone by.

I hope I'm not misreading that. Is it being cited as an excuse?

If so then don't worry because we will play Partick next week too.

Should be dead easy . . .

You would wish people would stop putting every game every week under the microscope. Cut.......

Yes, imagine that on an internet forum only for fans of one team in the minutes following a game. You'd think they'd have something else to write about on the days that team, the sole point of the forum, played. Except, if they did, they should be on another bloody forum or at the very least at another time.

Edited by SteveC

Did they? To be fair, I had a 6 year old and a mad kitten watching it with me, so my concentration was possibly lacking at times.

Yep, they did. Sutton(at half time), McCoist (in commentary) repeatedly and in detail as to why it was so well taken.

Edited by SteveC

Well, I turn the sound down when Sutton appears, so I definitely didn't hear that. I only recall them discussing a possible Thistle free-kick which could've been given before the strike.

I'm definitely biased and a tad paranoid though, so I tend to hear via a very blue-tinted ear trumpet.

Edited by Gonzo79

Well, I turn the sound down when Sutton appears, so I definitely didn't hear that. I only recall them discussing a possible Thistle free-kick which could've been given before the strike.

I'm definitely biased and a tad paranoid though, so I tend to hear via a very blue-tinted ear trumpet.

Well usually I would agree. I was born "ready" and grew up "biased" :)

Notwithstanding that, objectively speaking , I think your paranoia is well justified.

However, last night, Sutton was far less anti-Rangers than anyone else I heard, including (especially?) Ally. Sad to say, but true.

Edited by SteveC

You would wish people would stop putting every game every week under the microscope. Cut.......

Yes, imagine that on an internet forum only for fans of one team in the minutes following a game. You'd think they'd have something else to write about on the days that team, the sole point of the forum, played. Except, if they did, they should be on another bloody forum or at the very least at another time.

... Else you - as we can see again - end up swinging from one polar opinion to the opposite.

Which is the thought completed and what you get if you - as more often than not is the case - analyze every game to death and essentially only from our perspective. As if the opposition doesn't exist, people like Windass or Cardoso go from "very talented" to "carthorse not fit to wear the Gersey." Likewise you would think that our defense is at NO time allowed to make a mistake. You'd think the likes of Gough, Brown and Amoruso were essentially faultless defenders and we hardly ever conceeded a goal.

All I ask is for a little bit of objectivity, even in the emotional aftermath of a game. But if taking frustration on a dropped point out on the fan forum - even a day later - is what is deemed necessary, so be it. Don't expect everyone joining the chorus though.

Just in case, we might end next week out of one cup and 8 points behind the Scum. Unthinkable, impossible, disastrous ... you name it. Alas, you have been warned and can prepare for the "worst".

@ r_s ... we shall see.

... Else you - as we can see again - end up swinging from one polar opinion to the opposite.

Which is the thought completed and what you get if you - as more often than not is the case - analyze every game to death and essentially only from our perspective. As if the opposition doesn't exist, people like Windass or Cardoso go from "very talented" to "carthorse not fit to wear the Gersey." Likewise you would think that our defense is at NO time allowed to make a mistake. You'd think the likes of Gough, Brown and Amoruso were essentially faultless defenders and we hardly ever conceeded a goal.

All I ask is for a little bit of objectivity, even in the emotional aftermath of a game. But if taking frustration on a dropped point out on the fan forum - even a day later - is what is deemed necessary, so be it. Don't expect everyone joining the chorus though.

Just in case, we might end next week out of one cup and 8 points behind the Scum. Unthinkable, impossible, disastrous ... you name it. Alas, you have been warned and can prepare for the "worst".

@ r_s ... we shall see.

My point was that I think you mistake the purpose of an internet forum - almost on any subject, far less that of the current fortunes of a football team to which the posters are actively reacting. Surely what I mean is self-explanatory? On such a forum posters will "end up swinging from one polar opinion to the opposite." It's a f@cking internet forum, ffs!

As such it is specifically designed to elicit such responses. It's not a question of what is "deemed necessary". Football forums, like FarceBook and Twatter, are specifically, if unintentionally - perhaps - designed to ampily unreasonable reactions.

The Internet (and yes I'm old enough to have been in on it when only a tiny percentage was, I made it my job, in fact, for over a decade from '84) was once seen as a wonderful tool where information and eductation could be shared amongst all.

What it has become, of course, is something else altogether. Apart from all the sinister manipulation, the generic in-built appeal to black/white yes/no me/you polarities has created a worldwide primary 5 playground that turns the stomach.

On the other hand - isn't that just about where a match thread on a forum for committed (both sense!) fans should reside? Does that not match the reality of fans reacting after the match?

Reflection comes later. Perhaps you should start another regular post match thread, say two days later, entitled "mature reflections". (I mean that seriously, btw, and you could lead it off each week - just don't be optimistic just for the sake of it , please :-) )

In case that parenthetical comment backfires, I honestly - desperately trying to take my bias out of it - still think we would, in a just world, be at most one point behind going into next week.

Having said which, we should, and must, have enough about us to overcome this, by now ingrained. instituional bias.

PS I never saw a single game where Amoruso didn't make a mistake defensively.;) Usually many in any given phase of the game. Gough on the other hand....

PPS I know where we are vis-a-vis our ambitions. I wrote about it pre-season and last season. Folk still don't seem to realise what was done to us and how long it will take to recover. Nor the timing of it all with the Timz desperately trying to work a passage out of a dead end, hence the constant media onslaught and manipulation,

I'm 60 next year and I honestly doubt I'll see us in the Champions League again. Even if we win the league - an Everest of a climb from where we are. That becomes a triple Everest when you consider the off-field forces that would cohere to block it. Even if we do eventally win our league some years hence, we'd not be seeded in the CL qualifiers and therefore hugely unlikely to make the group stages. That's probably all moot anyway as by that time it'll be a closed shop for the usual suspects from "the big 5".

All of this = frustration = boils over in immediate post match threads.

Edited by SteveC