[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

There are too many bleaters, hand wringers, weepers, wailers, gnashers of whatever teeth they have not yet ground down to mere pegs, and kow towers, all fully paid up swallowers of the sellik soup peddled by its devotees in the press, tv, and radio media.

I refuse to project Project Fear.

Rangers will beat the rag bags on Tuesday. Saturday is XI Rangers Men v an XI representative of all that is wrong with Scottish football: a gimme for Govan's Chosen Few, in other words; and a turning point in this season.

My main concern is that our full backs are rank, and thus PC will require to set up a more defensive formation than most of us would ideally wish; my secondary concern is over Miller, and NK, neither of whom should play, far less start, although a defensive line up probably squeezes them out of the picture, anyway.

Oh! and the officials, who will be tempted to permit rasellik's goon squad complete licence. Strength and resolution will deal with that.

Man up! There is nothing to fear, bur fear itself.

Our cause is just. Victory will be ours.

Edited by Uilleam

So there we are. Try to talk some reason and objectivity into results and you're flinging excuses about, backed Llambias et al and whatnot. Fine climate for a "debate" when people waltz over it with "we are Rangers", "Rangers always look for top spot", "players not good enough", and "manager is not up to it".

Perhaps not everyone will get the analogy, but what I read on here is akin to the RAF facing up to the Luftwaffe at the beginning of the Battle of Britain, and when a handful of Gladiators ...

gloster-gladiator-6.jpg

... with willing pilots face up against France-Battle-hardened BF 109Es ...

Messerschmitt_Bf_109E_at_Thunder_Over_Michigan.jpg

... and get mauled, the squadron leader accuses them of not being up to it, being cowards and whatnot. Makes as much sense as this current debate on defeats to the Scum and the reasons for it and some results thereafter. Some will not be convinced by players and gaffer up until they deliver silverware in this or that form, and some handsome wins against the Scum, no matter how unreasonable this may be.

Thank heavens that the next game is up tomorrow!

So there we are. Try to talk some reason and objectivity into results and you're flinging excuses about, backed Llambias et al and whatnot. Fine climate for a "debate" when people waltz over it with "we are Rangers", "Rangers always look for top spot", "players not good enough", and "manager is not up to it".

Perhaps not everyone will get the analogy, but what I read on here is akin to the RAF facing up to the Luftwaffe at the beginning of the Battle of Britain, and when a handful of Gladiators ...

gloster-gladiator-6.jpg

... with willing pilots face up against France-Battle-hardened BF 109Es ...

Messerschmitt_Bf_109E_at_Thunder_Over_Michigan.jpg

... and get mauled, the squadron leader accuses them of not being up to it, being cowards and whatnot. Makes as much sense as this current debate on defeats to the Scum and the reasons for it and some results thereafter. Some will not be convinced by players and gaffer up until they deliver silverware in this or that form, and some handsome wins against the Scum, no matter how unreasonable this may be.

Thank heavens that the next game is up tomorrow!

Haven’t read such tosh for many a day,it’s a football game not life and death.

C'mon Pete, get with it, losing 5-1 to Celtic last season wasn't Pedro's fault, that was Warburton and the board's fault, and getting put out of Europe to Progres wasn't Pedro's fault, that's UEFA's fault and no one can really be expected to beat semi-professional journeymen in June after all and losing to Hibs wasn't Pedro's fault that was all the ref's fault and dropping points at home to Hearts well no one can be expected to beat a rudderless, managerless, mess of a Hearts side at home at this stage of the season, c'mon the side needs time to gel and drawing at Firhill against 10 men, well that's your fault for all the negative posts and thoughts you make, the players can sense them and it puts them off you know. If we lose next week that'll probably be your fault too, or maybe mine, but definitely not Pedro's, he's doing a smashing a job.

Do you have to try to be the worst comedian on the forums, or does that just come naturally? Some of what you write in your articles and reviews is interesting, but most of what you write as posts on the forums is just trolling, or at the very least argumentative for the sake of it.

We have a long way to go before we get back to where we belong at the top of Scottish football. Most people on here are sensible enough to realise that, so I can only assume these same people enjoy the argumentative stances they take. Is that helpful? Not for me, but it may be for some others. If you, union, and some others really believe (and post) that we should be changing managers (and the board) each time Celtic beat us, or if we get knocked out of Europe by a 'small' team, or if we draw with Thistle again, I'm not sure I can deal with this for the next few years.

It's said that either your environment becomes a product of you, or you become a product of your environment. Were you guys always this negative, or was it developed through the last few years? I'm trying to work out how likely I am to become infected.