Brendan Rodgers knows Rangers mean business after spending £8million

Brendan is off message, BBC Scotland's usual suspects have been telling the listenership from the start of the season that Rangers have spent £11million in the close season.

Reference ra Sellik's paltry £4.5 million, why does no media outlet, print or media ever mention preferential shares? I believe there are over seven hundred preferential share holders at ra Stydome? A Dividend is guaranteed every year, in good years like last, a lot of money is returned. eg on MON's leaving, he was awarded a considerable block of preferential shares; the point to be made is that lot of folks with no connection/no longer a connection, take monies out of the club each and every year.

Brendan is off message, BBC Scotland's usual suspects have been telling the listenership from the start of the season that Rangers have spent £11million in the close season.

Reference ra Sellik's paltry £4.5 million, why does no media outlet, print or media ever mention preferential shares? I believe there are over seven hundred preferential share holders at ra Stydome? A Dividend is guaranteed every year, in good years like last, a lot of money is returned. eg on MON's leaving, he was awarded a considerable block of preferential shares; the point to be made is that lot of folks with no connection/no longer a connection, take monies out of the club each and every year.

And is it not the case most yahoo shares are non-voting shares?

And is it not the case most yahoo shares are non-voting shares?

Absolutely.

Back in RST days, I remember attending several conferences at Hampden hosted by Supporters' Direct. All Scottish club Trusts would be represented and share experiences/strategies, etc. We, at the RST felt like David taking on Goliath, and as a result had youthful exuberance and a slingshot on our side. The Celtic Trust have had a dozen motions proposed at their AGMs and have lost all by a landslide.It's history(and if you know your history ....) repeating itself. When our separated brethren were founded by six families, they all had earners written into the club eg the Glass Stand, a grandstand structure containing enclosed glass panes across the frontage, built by the Glass family and all monies accrued from attendance in that stand were returned to the family.

Something I'm not quite sure of,did Pedro actually say "the best squad in Scotland" or simply"the best squad" which would then mean to me the squad at his disposal?.

Pedro said that he told all his squads, everywhere he has managed , that they are the best. He patiently explained why he did this at the time, and repeated that very sensible rationale thereafter, in a language that was not native to him. He was crystal clear. To this day (literally this day) Scottish journalists and Chris Sutton pull him up about it because, sadly, their grasp of the English language is so lamentably weak.

Beat them on Saturday - game on.

Maybe so, but we'd still be less than a third into the season.

I usually don't care what Rodgers spills of his wisdom, but I reckon he did not say that the team he sends out onto the pitch did cost roughly 30m to assemble, as compared to our roughly 10m. Last season it was 30m vs 4m (of which 3m went on Wallace and Garner alone).

Maybe so, but we'd still be less than a third into the season.

I usually don't care what Rodgers spills of his wisdom, but I reckon he did not say that the team he sends out onto the pitch did cost roughly 30m to assemble, as compared to our roughly 10m. Last season it was 30m vs 4m (of which 3m went on Wallace and Garner alone).

Did you work out that £30m using a Seville calculator ? The total cost of their starting XI comes nowhere near that figure

He has two reasons to say this.

He wants more money to spend.

He wants to put pressure on our manager and squad.

Exactly this. If he wins its mind games and fair enough. But if he loses, its pointing the finger at his board. And it might not be the last time this happens. If Anderlecht beat them, Big Brenda will absolutely make sure the media are running with this. Where does all these billions they keep earning go??