Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

Yes fully agree mate with the change of the game but McCall is always going to be the measuring stick for our defensive midfielders. The terrier type is gone and Michael Carrick was the first of the breed to show that up to 10 years ago that you dont have to be a terrier in that role. But I thought with Jack we were getting a solid holding midfielder to sit infront of the defence. Its still early days for him mind so Im all for giving a season to settle.

I don't think you can make McCall the measuring stick though.

Scottish football has declined significantly since the McCall days. The lilkelihood of us getting someone like McCall now is very, very slim.

I think you are trying to compare Jack to players of yesteryear when that isn't the issue at play. You say Jack hasn't impressed you, but that is because you are comparing him to players of bygone days. You have to look at what we presently have and, with what Pedro has at his disposal, plus given performances, Jack should be the last name to be dropped from the teamsheet, alongside, IMHO, Morelos & Candeias.

Has it been confirmed who is injured and definitely out of the match. I would start with Pena as well but if Alves is out millers experience could be invaluable in this fixture, particularly with Wallace out as well.

Not confirmed but it looks probable Alves won't be playing. John may still feature.

I don't think you can make McCall the measuring stick though.

Scottish football has declined significantly since the McCall days. The lilkelihood of us getting someone like McCall now is very, very slim.

I think you are trying to compare Jack to players of yesteryear when that isn't the issue at play. You say Jack hasn't impressed you, but that is because you are comparing him to players of bygone days. You have to look at what we presently have and, with what Pedro has at his disposal, plus given performances, Jack should be the last name to be dropped from the teamsheet, alongside, IMHO, Morelos & Candeias.

Cant make McCall a measuring stick??!?? Eh?? Cant expect players to reach such a standard? With that statement no wonder Scotland and Scottish football drops behind. We should be aiming for better. Your a company man - does your employer say to you that you wont do as good as someone 20 years ago? Utter nonsense. Did Sir Alex Ferguson build 4 or 5 teams based on the game going downhill regardless of money? You have stated a flawed argument - and it sounds like just for the purpose of it.

And once again I havent compared him to anyone especially of yesteryear. I said he isnt that "type" of player.

Sorry for just having higher expectations of what I have seen.

Why would Miller's "experience" be a help tomorrow? As far as I am concerned, as many players who played in the last OF game that are NOT playing tomorrow, the better. That type of experience is not one I want to see repeated.

Another thing, some saying play Miller in midfield. Does nobody remember the last OF game where he chased Brown about the park like a lost schoolboy? Or the Hogmanay game where he missed a sitter in the last minute that would have gave us a draw?

The one thing that is absolutely without doubt and beyond debate is that Miller playing tomorrow weakens our team, and with our best (and only) real defender out, and our Captain missing we certainly dont need a passenger of this sub-standard anywhere near the game.

If we are short of midfield players, play Barjonas. If we are short up front, (which thankfully we are not) play Hardie. Under no circumstances play Miller. There is no recent evidence anywhere that he can make a positive contribution to an OF game. Have a look back at last season's games if you have blocked out just how bad he played in the OF games last season. Constantly playing Miller in big games was a mistake that the last two permanent managers continually made and it cost them their jobs.

Miller rant over! Well at least until 11.00 tomorrow and I see the official team line-up!

Why would Miller's "experience" be a help tomorrow? As far as I am concerned, as many players who played in the last OF game that are NOT playing tomorrow, the better. That type of experience is not one I want to see repeated.

Another thing, some saying play Miller in midfield. Does nobody remember the last OF game where he chased Brown about the park like a lost schoolboy? Or the Hogmanay game where he missed a sitter in the last minute that would have gave us a draw?

The one thing that is absolutely without doubt and beyond debate is that Miller playing tomorrow weakens our team, and with our best (and only) real defender out, and our Captain missing we certainly dont need a passenger of this sub-standard anywhere near the game.

If we are short of midfield players, play Barjonas. If we are short up front, (which thankfully we are not) play Hardie. Under no circumstances play Miller. There is no recent evidence anywhere that he can make a positive contribution to an OF game. Have a look back at last season's games if you have blocked out just how bad he played in the OF games last season. Constantly playing Miller in big games was a mistake that the last two permanent managers continually made and it cost them their jobs.

Miller rant over! Well at least until 11.00 tomorrow and I see the official team line-up!

For the first time I am leaning towards you saying Pena may be the better option. Purely for the fact Miller is no use in midfield. Upfront Morelos has to start whereas normally Id have Miller all day long but because the Coloumbian is playing well he has to start therefore I think you have a point on Miller in midfield.

For the first time I am leaning towards you saying Pena may be the better option. Purely for the fact Miller is no use in midfield. Upfront Morelos has to start whereas normally Id have Miller all day long but because the Coloumbian is playing well he has to start therefore I think you have a point on Miller in midfield.

I knew you would come round!

When Miller had pace (ie his second spell with us) I would happily support him being given the lone striker role as he had the pace to annoy the defenders and exploit them on the counter attack. His pace has long gone and that was always his biggest strength.