Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

I think Gordon is a good keeper and he seems to have added the football side of the game to his skills. Candeias has an important role stopping Tierney getting forward. After Wednesday I may even be talked into going 3-5-2 if Alves and John are fit.

Alnwick although it will be Foderingham.

Cordoso Alves McCrorie

Tavernier Dorrans Jack Pena John

Morelos Miller (or Windass)

Edited by pete

I havent been too impressed with Jack since he joined and wonder if Holt would be the better option from Frankies team.

Other than that its a a flip coin if Pena plays instead of Miller or Windass but more likely the mexican will be on the bench. That means Windass and Miller have to perform and if they both do it should mean good things. I do like Windass but think he is a good footballing brain away from being a better player. And Miller scores in big games.

I havent been too impressed with Jack since he joined and wonder if Holt would be the better option from Frankies team.

Other than that its a a flip coin if Pena plays instead of Miller or Windass but more likely the mexican will be on the bench. That means Windass and Miller have to perform and if they both do it should mean good things. I do like Windass but think he is a good footballing brain away from being a better player. And Miller scores in big games.

What ?!?!?! Jack, along with Morelos & Candeias, have been our best peformers. In fact, at this moment in time, if any of the central midfield two were to be dropped, it should be Dorrans, not Jack (not that I would advocate dropping either).

In this game I would play Miller, and bring Pena on with half an hour to play. I see a player in Windass but he needs to become more consistent and quickly.

Jack has hardly put a foot wrong.

Holt did OK the other night but annoyed me when he pulled out of a few 50/50s; something Jack won't do. Holt's pace and mobility are useful but he's also brushed off the ball too easily.

I'd echo the sentiments about pressing them and putting pressure on their back 4. I think there's mistakes in them, much like ours, which could lead to quite an open game .

I'd go the exact same as Frankie's XI, although one option I'd also consider is Hodson at LB, with Elton John at LM. He looked like he had some pace and bite going forward, and the engine to get back and support Hodson in nullifying Roberts.

I'd echo the sentiments about pressing them and putting pressure on their back 4. I think there's mistakes in them, much like ours, which could lead to quite an open game .

I'd go the exact same as Frankie's XI, although one option I'd also consider is Hodson at LB, with Elton John at LM. He looked like he had some pace and bite going forward, and the engine to get back and support Hodson in nullifying Roberts.

I would be tempted with this too.

In looking at Frankie's XI, the weakest part for me looks to be that central to left side of midfield with Miller & Windass. John understands the defensive side of the game better than Windass but also can get forward. This would strengthen us defensively and I am not sure it would weaken us offensively. Hodson also has an understanding of this fixture that John doesn't - so going with solidity at the back but with cover from midfield would make sense to me.

... dunno about Roberts, but Tav vs Sinclair might be a more dangerous battle? Not least since Tav gets caught up field all too often? I wouldn't mind playing Tav nearer to Jack (in a defensive "free" midfield role), John on the left and Hodson on the right, where he usually plays.

Great read Frankie, thoroughly looking forward to Saturday, as you say we have been spoiled with success over the years and it's difficult to take when they have been on such a good run, but it has to come to an end at some point there is nothing surer, and we are the most likely to do it.

We need to get in their faces from the first whistle, lay down a marker in the first 5 mins, if Brown and Roberts haven't been put up in the air I will be disappointed. I think your team selection is spot on and could do celtic some damage if we are on our game, down the right side Tav needs to be on his game, constantly aware of whats going on, the good thing is wee Candias will provide cover and is happy to run up and down the wing all day, this could be a good out for us as well, Tierney will be bombing forward no doubt so will leave gaps at the back.

On the left side if Windass turns up he will give Lustig a torrid time and as another poster said its probably one of the weaker parts of their team at the minute, I wouldn't be to concerned about our left side in this game, I don't see Lustig bombing up to much so it means Windass won't have to track as much, he will probably only last an hour anyway, I wouldn't like to see Hodson put in at left back and John moved forward.

I hope Kenny is feeling a bit revitalized after his wee break, he does like scoring against them.

Depending on the score, I'd like to see Herrera and Pena getting half an hour as well if possible.

... dunno about Roberts, but Tav vs Sinclair might be a more dangerous battle? Not least since Tav gets caught up field all too often? I wouldn't mind playing Tav nearer to Jack (in a defensive "free" midfield role), John on the left and Hodson on the right, where he usually plays.

Tavernier won't have as much issue with Sinclair in this game, simply because he will have better assistance from Candeias. I also don't get this idea of playing a defender, who is prone to switching off, in midfield.

Why are we looking at ways to force square pegs into round holes ?

Tavernier won't have as much issue with Sinclair in this game, simply because he will have better assistance from Candeias. I also don't get this idea of playing a defender, who is prone to switching off, in midfield.

Why are we looking at ways to force square pegs into round holes ?

Pace plus physical presence and can cover and attack through the right channel. That's all.