Rodger's Arrogance

Respect is earned, not inherited by means of your pal getting you a job. Rangers 1 Celtic 5, Progres 2 Rangers 0. I am happy to stand by my post, the worst manager in our history that has overseen the worst results in our history. If the language is too colourful for some of my fellow bears, then change the adjective, but the end result will be the same.

None of this gives me any pleasure, of course I want every Rangers manager to succeed, and the team gets my full support every single match, but I'm allowed my point of view on here surely? The vast majority of Bears I speak to at the games and elsewhere agree he was a terrible appointment made for all the wrong reasons by the wrong people.

That's fair enough TB if that's what you think. It is amazing though how polarising he can be. All my friends and family (without exception) really like and rate him, and we're all fully behind what he's trying to achieve. If ever there was proof that football creates differing opinions, this is it.

Either way, I'm sure we are all right behind him and the team today. I take it you've still got the battle fever on TB.

Whilst I understand where you are coming from, this summer completely moved the goalposts on spending.

It reminds me of a meme I saw on Twitter ripping the piss out of Barcelona for spending 40 million on Paulinho and compared it to Madrid paying 20 or whetever it was on Modric (wish I could find it again because it showed you how clearly biased the meme was towards one team, and against the other)...

Someone, rightly, pointed out that Modric was bought in a different market to Paulinho.

Even using Coutinho, putting aside Liverpool refusing to sell, if Barca hadn't been forced to sell Neymar at that ridiculous price there is no way even a player like Coutinho would have went for anything over 100 mill - and yet the rumour was Barca were offering over 140 million for him.

That Neymar sale completely changed the market. And it could very well be the instigating sale which sees a big club go bankrupt.

Im pretty sure modric was well above 20 million but thats not the point here. While your right. Cotinho was still an out and out steal and find by rodgers. As would have been delli alli if the transfer panel hadnt scoffed at the idea of buying lower league players.

Rodgers spent a lot no question. He won nothing. No question. But he raised a lot in sales and he left valuable players behind as well. No question.

If asked in an interview aboit that 300 million i expect he could answer the question no problem talking about raising 2 thirds of it in sales and leaving behind even just cotinho.

I don't think his reputation down south is anywhere near as high as you're making it out to be
Depends what we are talking here. Theres 5 to 6 teams wont touch him every other on will. Klopp has done worse than him at liverpool and he has a fantastic reputation.

Rodgers is no guardiola but hes done really well in almost every job hes had. At very least in the short term.

Respect is earned, not inherited by means of your pal getting you a job. Rangers 1 Celtic 5, Progres 2 Rangers 0. I am happy to stand by my post, the worst manager in our history that has overseen the worst results in our history. If the language is too colourful for some of my fellow bears, then change the adjective, but the end result will be the same.

None of this gives me any pleasure, of course I want every Rangers manager to succeed, and the team gets my full support every single match, but I'm allowed my point of view on here surely? The vast majority of Bears I speak to at the games and elsewhere agree he was a terrible appointment made for all the wrong reasons by the wrong people.

There is a difference from doubting his managerial skills to calling him an idiot.

In regards to managerial skills, in your opinion, he surley can't be worse than Mccoist ? I mean really ?

In regards to being an idiot, well for a guy who has a masters degree In sports science, I'm sure he has more brains in his big toe than you do in your head.

I hope you are eating humble pie later.

Edited by blueflag

Depends what we are talking here. Theres 5 to 6 teams wont touch him every other on will. Klopp has done worse than him at liverpool and he has a fantastic reputation.

Rodgers is no guardiola but hes done really well in almost every job hes had. At very least in the short term.

Klopp's had nowhere the amount of money Brenda had to spend though

There is a difference from doubting his managerial skills to calling him an idiot.

In regards to managerial skills, in your opinion, he surley can't be worse than Mccoist ? I mean really ?

In regards to being an idiot, well for a guy who has a masters degree In sports science, I'm sure he has more brains in his big toe than you do in your head.

I hope you are eating humble pie later.

The race to the bottom between Pedro and Ally is not one any Bear wants to discuss! I fail to see what a degree in sports science has to do with being manager of Rangers. I know a lot of really thick people with degrees and a lot of clever people without a higher. If we win today it doesn't change a thing long term, but it would be absolutely fantastic. If Pedro comes up with some tactical master stroke to change and win the game then I will give him a lot of credit but we all know he can't do that.

The race to the bottom between Pedro and Ally is not one any Bear wants to discuss! I fail to see what a degree in sports science has to do with being manager of Rangers. I know a lot of really thick people with degrees and a lot of clever people without a higher. If we win today it doesn't change a thing long term, but it would be absolutely fantastic. If Pedro comes up with some tactical master stroke to change and win the game then I will give him a lot of credit but we all know he can't do that.
Agreed it has nothing to do with him being manager of Rangers, but it certainly goes against your theory of him being an idiot.

Anyways , you are allowed your own opinion, however pish it may be,

Enjoy the match