Rodger's Arrogance

Respect is earned, not inherited by means of your pal getting you a job. Rangers 1 Celtic 5, Progres 2 Rangers 0. I am happy to stand by my post, the worst manager in our history that has overseen the worst results in our history. If the language is too colourful for some of my fellow bears, then change the adjective, but the end result will be the same.

None of this gives me any pleasure, of course I want every Rangers manager to succeed, and the team gets my full support every single match, but I'm allowed my point of view on here surely? The vast majority of Bears I speak to at the games and elsewhere agree he was a terrible appointment made for all the wrong reasons by the wrong people.

None of which makes Pedro an idiot.

While some are arguing my choice of adjective (nobody seems to have a problem with me calling Delia an idiot, which was my point that we have appointed a similar stature of manager), at least we can all admit (or nobody is arguing against at least) that this was a terrible appointment. We are not going to close the gap until we get in a proper manager that is a good fit for our club. I havent a clue who that is, but I know who it isn't.

I really like listening to Pedro, he talks a good game and is very passionate, but all of what he says does not transform onto our performances on the pitch. We play without passion, fight and desire, while you see Pedro going nuts and putting everything into it on the sidelines. Why do his players ignore his instructions? Why do his players give up at the slightest setback? Why was Pedro the only one to challenge Brown in 90 mins yesterday? It looks like a complete lack of belief from the players, most of whom he signed, in what he is trying to tell them, how he is wanting them to play.

Our board bought into what Pedro told them he could do. They backed him with cash we havent spent in one window for probably about a decade. He got all his first picks and he got them all in very early at the beginning of June onwards. Now at the end of September, nearly 4 months from the first batch of these players signing and about 14/15 weeks since we went back for pre-season training, we are still hearing some are unfit or not settled in yet. To give them time to bed in a new team.

Pedro says we will play a high pressing game. We dont.

Pedro says we will be fast through the transitions. We aren't.

There is a lot to like about Pedro the man. There is not much to like about Pedro the Rangers manager.

The whole point about bringing him in in March was to get him time to start the rebuild so he could hit the ground running this season. A very early Euro tie (and subsequent exit) meant he had a lot of pre-season time to get his team and new recruits gelling to hit the ground running. There simply is no argument for saying this team needs more time to get it right.

We have won only 3 of our opening 7 league games.

We have won only 1 of our opening 4 home league games.

We currently sit 5th, having dropped 10 points out of 21 already.

We were humiliated in Europe, the Progres result being the single worst result in our history.

We have won only 4 of 10 home league games since Pedro took over.

This squad is more than good enough to be comfortably second in this league. The main reason it is not must come down to the manager.

While some are arguing my choice of adjective (nobody seems to have a problem with me calling Delia an idiot, which was my point that we have appointed a similar stature of manager), at least we can all admit (or nobody is arguing against at least) that this was a terrible appointment. We are not going to close the gap until we get in a proper manager that is a good fit for our club. I havent a clue who that is, but I know who it isn't.

I really like listening to Pedro, he talks a good game and is very passionate, but all of what he says does not transform onto our performances on the pitch. We play without passion, fight and desire, while you see Pedro going nuts and putting everything into it on the sidelines. Why do his players ignore his instructions? Why do his players give up at the slightest setback? Why was Pedro the only one to challenge Brown in 90 mins yesterday? It looks like a complete lack of belief from the players, most of whom he signed, in what he is trying to tell them, how he is wanting them to play.

Our board bought into what Pedro told them he could do. They backed him with cash we havent spent in one window for probably about a decade. He got all his first picks and he got them all in very early at the beginning of June onwards. Now at the end of September, nearly 4 months from the first batch of these players signing and about 14/15 weeks since we went back for pre-season training, we are still hearing some are unfit or not settled in yet. To give them time to bed in a new team.

Pedro says we will play a high pressing game. We dont.

Pedro says we will be fast through the transitions. We aren't.

There is a lot to like about Pedro the man. There is not much to like about Pedro the Rangers manager.

The whole point about bringing him in in March was to get him time to start the rebuild so he could hit the ground running this season. A very early Euro tie (and subsequent exit) meant he had a lot of pre-season time to get his team and new recruits gelling to hit the ground running. There simply is no argument for saying this team needs more time to get it right.

We have won only 3 of our opening 7 league games.

We have won only 1 of our opening 4 home league games.

We currently sit 5th, having dropped 10 points out of 21 already.

We were humiliated in Europe, the Progres result being the single worst result in our history.

We have won only 4 of 10 home league games since Pedro took over.

This squad is more than good enough to be comfortably second in this league. The main reason it is not must come down to the manager.

When I read these rants I often think the only thing missing is the Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells nom de plume.

It wasn't really a rant. Would you suggest Bears shouldn't question or criticise our manager, fs? Fair enough, if it was abusive or unreasonable but Tannochside's post was neither of these.

I beg to differ.

rant

rant/Submit

verb

speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way.

"she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all"

synonyms: hold forth, go on and on, deliver a tirade, rant and rave, fulminate, sound off, spout, pontificate, trumpet, bluster, declaim;