Miller banished from first team according to DR

Jackson article today:

And talking of cruelties, he need only look across the Clyde to see how the game has chosen to turn on a player who, throughout a long, illustrious career, has been nothing but one of its most model professionals.

Kenny Miller spent yesterday afternoon playing in a bounce game for kids at Brentford. At the age of 37.

While Strachan was naming that Scotland squad at lunchtime on Monday, Miller was walking into a crisis meeting at Murray Park which would turn his world on its head.

Miller must have suspected something bad was brewing from the moment Pedro Caixinha told him to stay at home with his feet up on the night Rangers were playing for a place in the League Cup semi final at Firhill.

On these very pages last Monday morning this column suggested that the relationship between the club’s talisman and its manager was in danger of breaking down in a throwback to the stand off between Paul le Guen and Barry Ferguson which preceded the Frenchman’s demise.

By Thursday, Miller had been banished to the youth department.

By Friday night TV pundits were tossing around words like ‘rat’ live on BT Sport while discussing his predicament, language which is completely unfounded.

To make matters even more sinister, Miller was also accused of leaking information directly to this newspaper on a website which has very obvious and well established links with the malfunctioning Rangers PR machine.

The same website, for that matter, which leaked news of Caixinha’s Murray Park meltdown in the first place - while presenting it as a stroke of managerial genius in a painfully transparent, Pravda-esque attempt at controlling the narrative.

The entire episode is an absolute mess and, shamefully, it’s Miller who has been made to pay the ultimate price for this rank amateurism. Years and years of dedication to his sport in the name of squeezing every last ounce of ability out of his body now tarnished by a manager who is out of his depth in charge of Rangers and a whispering campaign which has been maliciously designed to maximise reputational damage.

You can almost hear them saying ‘Aye well, the Record would say that, wouldn’t they? He’s their leak after all!’

So let’s get this absolutely and categorically clear for all of those Rangers observers out there. Kenny Miller was not the source of the information around which we wrote the story of Caixinha declaring war on his own players. Nor, for that matter, was it Miller who told us of Caixinha’s subsequent decision to drop him from the squad which travelled to Hamilton on Friday night.

To suggest otherwise is not only a wilful fabrication but also potentially libelous should Miller’s lawyers decide to act. But for this to be published on a website which sits so snugly under the wing of the club’s outsourced PR department? That’s a scandalous state of affairs and one which points to some very serious issues behind the scenes of this never ending Ibrox soap opera.

Miller is neither a rat nor a snitch. He is a victim of an inexperienced, egotistical manager who is struggling to command the respect of his dressing room and who thinks, by taking out the talisman, he will bring the rest of them into line. And of a Machiavellian attempt at character assassination.

He’ll have to ride this one out now because Caixinha doesn’t appear to be a man of compromise. There is unlikely to be sufficient space inside the same dressing room for both men from here on in so it looks likely that one of them will soon have to make way.

Over three separate terms at Rangers Miller has spent seven years, played 211 times and scored 89 goals. He’s won three top flight titles, one in the championship, and lifted both the Scottish and the League Cups.

If he is forced out before time is called on Caixinha then he will leave behind the sort of legacy about which the manager can only dream.

In the brutal world of football, one man’s adversity is another man’s opportunity. Accordingly Caixinha must now grasp this chance to save himself from the chop, Likewise, Carlos Pena must step into Miller’s shoes and prove that he’s not just another one of the manager’s mistakes.

As far as Scotland is concerned, John McGinn and Callum McGregor will hope to come of age in the absence of Brown and Armstrong.

Fingers crossed, some good might still come from all this awful badness.

Seems Jackson doesn't care too much for TRO...........

DLFoeynVwAAD2Ej.jpg

https://twitter.com/RangersObserver/with_replies

An ageing football player is dropped from 1st team;

somewhat over 700 people injured, some quite badly, in confrontations with Spanish police;

and this thicko posits an equivalence?

He's even dumber than he looks.

An ageing football player is dropped from 1st team;

somewhat over 700 people injured, some quite badly, in confrontations with Spanish police;

and this thicko posits an equivalence?

He's even dumber than he looks.

Jackson needs taken to court for those remarks. They have everything to do with the sinister, bigoted and unsavoury social narrative that is being used to portray Rangers fans.

As for the Spaniard riot cops, what would this idiot know about current European and Spanish policing directives? What have they to do with football let alone our club?

I have had it with this guy, why will the club or TRO and 1872 not go after him??

Edited by cooponthewing

I think the tweet is an ironic dig at Traynor given his previous comments about what happened in Villarreal

The irony was lost on me Frankie and I'm sure I can't be the only one. It's just another cheap negative pejorative comment toward us from this guy imo.

I'm sure he can hide behind the potential irony but I don't believe that's the real substance to it.

It definitely is a dig at Traynor as him and Jacko don't get on.

FWIW, I don't have an issue with JT using TRO as an unofficial/official outlet - in fact I said SDM should have done same years ago - but I do wonder if Jacko would call Lawwell out for using CQN over a much longer period.

I think the tweet is an ironic dig at Traynor given his previous comments about what happened in Villarreal

You may be correct.

However, using the apparent "indiscriminate brutality" of police, affecting hundreds of civilians, to make a cheap rhetorical point about the dropping of an obscure ageing footballer in an obscure Northern European League is beyond cynicism. As I suggested, there is no equivalence between these actions, absolutely none.