Miller banished from first team according to DR

As I said on another thread the club is "a poisoned chalice" with all the upheavals going on behind the scenes and this adds even more to the problem.

If PR at the club had any backbone they would come out with a statement to clear the air on this,but again this is the problem no PR.

Certainly over this season there have been too many "leaks" and if it is KM he deserves the punishment but the club SHOULD make an announcement so that the fans know what IS happening.

My guess is there will be HR legal issues in all of this so a difficult one to go public on. I think it's actually quite straightforward. PC is the manager and PC has dropped a player. I don't think the club needs to respond to any article Keith Jackson writes about player leaks which he is doing purely to damage the club. He knows nothing about football. When was the last time he wrote a sensible article? He is part of this Scottish clique of players and media which has harmed our club and our game generally with their lack of knowledge.

His article on Morelos tells you all you need to know about him and how stupid and ignorant he is and what a rubbish newspaper the DR is. Any Rangers fan who buys the record is contributing to the damage of our club.

My guess is there will be HR legal issues in all of this so a difficult one to go public on. I think it's actually quite straightforward. PC is the manager and PC has dropped a player. I don't think the club needs to respond to any article Keith Jackson writes about player leaks which he is doing purely to damage the club. He knows nothing about football. When was the last time he wrote a sensible article? He is part of this Scottish clique of players and media which has harmed our club and our game generally with their lack of knowledge.

His article on Morelos tells you all you need to know about him and how stupid and ignorant he is and what a rubbish newspaper the DR is. Any Rangers fan who buys the record is contributing to the damage of our club.

How much did he know when he wrote this? Or how far was Liewell up his ass.

Craig Whyte profile: The Scots billionaire on the brink of taking over the club he loves

FINANCIAL whizzkid Craig Whyte stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life - and finally bringing the curtain down on one of the longest-running sagas in Scottish football.

ByKeith Jackson

Craig Whyte started playing the stock market at the age of 15. By the time he left school he had more than £20,000 in his bank account.

Today, aged just 39, this financial whizzkid from Motherwell stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life - and finally bringing the curtain down on one of the longest-running sagas in Scottish football.

Record Sport understands self-made billionaire Whyte has entered into the final stages of negotiations to buy control of the club he loves from Sir David Murray.

Edited by pete

The media is aware that Pedro splits the support in terms of whether he is the right manager and they are also aware that Miller seems to have the 'respect' of former players. It looks as though the Record is using Miller to put the boot into Pedro and further undermine his position. In other words, they are revelling in shit stirring as I assume the commentators for tonight's match will also do; we should not give them that satisfaction.

Kenny Miller - He's not Barry Ferguson, he's a very naughty boy

September 29, 2017

By Tom Macintyre*| Guest Contributor

Kenny Miller is 38 years old, nearing the end of his career and his form this season has been dreadful to say the least. If there is a less likely player to lead what the Daily Record would have us believe is a dressing room revolt then they don't spring immediately to mind. Kenny Miller may have it in his head that he's the new Barry Ferguson and Pedro is the new Paul Le Guen but the chances are he's sadly mistaken.

https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/9/29/kenny-miller-hes-not-barry-ferguson-hes-a-very-naughty-boy

Pedro might be useless but no player should be dictating to the manager what he can and can't do. Can you imagine Mourinho or Conte giving a flying fuck what any of their players have to say?

The flight attendant doesn't tell the pilot how to fly the plane.

No, but the Chief Engineer might and he'd do well to listen to him. I think you're dead wrong about Mourinho and Conte too, they absolutely care a lot what their players think, you can't win anything without players on your side and buying into your methods.

To be fair to Caixinha I think he also cares what the players think hence he called the meeting, as Frankie said up thread the banishing of Miller is surely unlikely to be because he disagreed with PC's methods and more likely about something else. Like most supporter's I think Miller's time as a player is up but we should step back from the personalities involved for a moment and look at the issue. When our most experienced player and a player who still commands a lot of respect from his fellow professionals and one looked up too by most of the players at Ibrox, falls out with the manager questions need to be asked. No manager should just get blind support.

Caixinha has struggled to manage British players, and unless we're planning on moving to Mexico or Portugal in the next few months that's a problem when you're playing in Scotland. Hill and Crooks released, McKay, Waghorn, Keiren and Garner sold, O'Halloran, Dodoo, Halliday and Forrester shipped out on loan and now a falling out with Dorran and major rift with Miller with rumours of a strained relationship with Wallace.

I understand why many will feel Miller's banishment is no loss and that the club needs new continental ideas and that British players are overpaid, lazy ingrates deserving of little but scorn. But in my opinion the manager of Rangers needs to be able to get the best out of British players, who will almost certainly make up the bulk of the squad. The form of Garner, Waghorn and O'Halloran further shows that properly managed all three were capable of far more than we saw.

No, but the Chief Engineer might and he'd do well to listen to him. I think you're dead wrong about Mourinho and Conte too, they absolutely care a lot what their players think, you can't win anything without players on your side and buying into your methods.

To be fair to Caixinha I think he also cares what the players think hence he called the meeting, as Frankie said up thread the banishing of Miller is surely unlikely to be because he disagreed with PC's methods and more likely about something else. Like most supporter's I think Miller's time as a player is up but we should step back from the personalities involved for a moment and look at the issue. When our most experienced player and a player who still commands a lot of respect from his fellow professionals and one looked up too by most of the players at Ibrox, falls out with the manager questions need to be asked. No manager should just get blind support.

Caixinha has struggled to manage British players, and unless we're planning on moving to Mexico or Portugal in the next few months that's a problem when you're playing in Scotland. Hill and Crooks released, McKay, Waghorn, Keiren and Garner sold, O'Halloran, Dodoo, Halliday and Forrester shipped out on loan and now a falling out with Dorran and major rift with Miller with rumours of a strained relationship with Wallace.

I understand why many will feel Miller's banishment is no loss and that the club needs new continental ideas and that British players are overpaid, lazy ingrates deserving of little but scorn. But in my opinion the manager of Rangers needs to be able to get the best out of British players, who will almost certainly make up the bulk of the squad. The form of Garner, Waghorn and O'Halloran further shows that properly managed all three were capable of far more than we saw.

I agree with some of that and there's no doubt when a manager starts jhaving problems with players it can badly affect performances.

However, the same players shouldn't be above criticism themselves. Miller has been very poor this season so won't get a lot of sympathy from me as to being dropped (more so if he's ran like a wee boy to Jacko).

I'm also not sure where PC is struggling to coach British players. The vast majority of the players you mentioned were correctly moved on (I'd have kept Hill until January and perhaps Halliday as cover). Similarly, guys like Wes, Tav and Jack have all done reasonably well this season so far. Windass and Dorrans have been less effective but I wouldn't put that all down to the manager - though certainly agree it was negligence on his part not to sign a proper left midfielder.

All in all, I find all this to be a mountain out of a molehill. Our start to the season has been an average one at best but a win tonight and we're doing OK. Yes, dropped points at home to Hearts and away to Partick as well as another defeat to Celtic are frustrating but those results are not unique to Pedro. The Hibs game we can blame on the officials obviously... ;)

I'm not sure what fans are expecting. Yes, we want better results and performances but I think we need a it more time before we can judge all the actors in this particular play. A play which is not quite a farce yet.

I agree with some of that and there's no doubt when a manager starts jhaving problems with players it can badly affect performances.

However, the same players shouldn't be above criticism themselves. Miller has been very poor this season so won't get a lot of sympathy from me as to being dropped (more so if he's ran like a wee boy to Jacko).

I'm also not sure where PC is struggling to coach British players. The vast majority of the players you mentioned were correctly moved on (I'd have kept Hill until January and perhaps Halliday as cover). Similarly, guys like Wes, Tav and Jack have all done reasonably well this season so far. Windass and Dorrans have been less effective but I wouldn't put that all down to the manager - though certainly agree it was negligence on his part not to sign a proper left midfielder.

All in all, I find all this to be a mountain out of a molehill. Our start to the season has been an average one at best but a win tonight and we're doing OK. Yes, dropped points at home to Hearts and away to Partick as well as another defeat to Celtic are frustrating but those results are not unique to Pedro. The Hibs game we can blame on the officials obviously... ;)

I'm not sure what fans are expecting. Yes, we want better results and performances but I think we need a it more time before we can judge all the actors in this particular play. A play which is not quite a farce yet.

Listen, I agree, all PC needs to do is string a run of victories together and all of this is forgotten, it's that simple.

The British players thing occurred to me a few weeks back but was brought into the open during the week when it was reported that he'd criticised the British players for not welcoming him enough. It certainly looks like someone close to Miller spoke to the Record, if not the player himself, and telling stories out of class doesn't win anyone any friends among the support. But I'm careful of not confusing the messenger with the message.

"....a player who still commands a lot of respect from his fellow professionals and one looked up too by most of the players at Ibrox..." i think this holds only insofar as he is worth his place. This season, that is, to be kind, debatable.

"Caixinha has struggled to manage British players..." He seems to have little trouble managing Foderingham. Alnwick, Tavernier, Jack, Hodson, John, Windass, latterly McCrorie, and was hell bent on acquiring the Scottish lad from Hertz, and seems intent on signing McLean from Aberdeen.

He shouted at Dorrans, apparently, and if the player has thrown the toys out for that, then i m h o, he is perhaps at the wrong Club, if not in the wrong profession.

"The form of Garner, Waghorn and O'Halloran further shows that properly managed all three were capable of far more than we saw." tell me that at the end of the season. We had these players long enough, and they performed neither for Warburton nor Caixinha. Are we to assume that they are football wizards and that both managers are to be blame for their consistent poor form?

[B]"...you can't win anything without players on your side and buying into your methods." you've got that one right. However, who should bend: player or coach? Should players dictate the coaches method(s), for which, we may assume, he was hired in the first place.

Listen, I agree, all PC needs to do is string a run of victories together and all of this is forgotten, it's that simple.

The British players thing occurred to me a few weeks back but was brought into the open during the week when it was reported that he'd criticised the British players for not welcoming him enough. It certainly looks like someone close to Miller spoke to the Record, if not the player himself, and telling stories out of class doesn't win anyone any friends among the support. But I'm careful of not confusing the messenger with the message.

The problem with that is you're only hearing one side of the story - if the story is even true.

We certainly agree the team has to start winning regularly and that must happen tonight with another 14 day international vacuum upon us.