Si Ferry Meets...Barry Ferguson Episode 1

Sorry to continually push you on this boabie - but that is simply not true mate.

Spending just 5 seconds searching online, apart from my and my mates thoughts at that time ----

" Rangers media ,

seen a couple of mentions of him telling the crowd to shut up?

if that is the case, he can fuck off and take his fat boyfriends boyd and big lee with him, scoring 1 goal against hearts at home doesn't negate his poor performances for the last two years nor his negative influence on the club as a whole.

just the same as pushing neil lennon didn't fool us that he hadn't bottled it against brown and caldwell (not the first time he hasn't stood up and been counted against celtic in the last couple of seasons). the guy is now a fraud and he must go.

go fuck yourslf Barry. Strip captaincy and fine'd arsehole. These guys pay hundred maybe thousands of pounds to watch the they love and you get paid in excess of £20,000. Fuck yoiu Barry Ferguson. Fuck yourslef

He put his hands to his ears and then made a "be quiet" gesture to the crowd.

He has a bloody cheek. He can start doing that once he stops leading his team to Cup Final defeats and dropping points at home. Obviously thought he was being a smart arse today and it came back to haunt him.

Wonder if he made those same gestures at the end. Captain courageous indeed

Ferguson you're a disgrace!

Fucking win the league then make your 'stop your moaning' gestures ya dick.

Definatly dont start making them cus your beating hearts! at half time AT HOME ya thick retard

He is an absolute disgrace of a captain and has been nothing but a liability us the whole season, If wally smith wasn't such a spineless shitbag he would have been dropped the game after he returned.

What a fucking piece of dirty shite,honestly raging at this,didn't notice it at the game but that's a fucking disgrace can't believe the cheek of him,iv'e lost any respect iv'e ever had for him ,fucking knobend bastard so he is!

he is also a wee ned

compare any other rangers captains talking to the media.. like wee asbo boy,

grieg,gough,sounness,ammo..he is a wee, useless,big headed, illiterate thug.

who has fooled alot of you with his puffed out chest.

true...Barry Ferguson is an embarassment of a captain...Id never thought that I would say something like that when he came back from Blackburn but FFS just because you get a goal doesnt mean you have proven yourself again...GTF Barry and Smith your time of ruining our club is up. "

You should know by now - the vocal minority does not always accurately represent the sentiments of the overall collective.

Oh, I understand that Walters.

My point is, let's not get all misty eyed about Ferguson here.

He was a very talented player for Rangers and Scottish football during his early period. He had more skill than anybody we have now.

But it should not be forgotten that he was absolutely rotten for long periods. Him and guys like Boyd were later responsible for us not getting more success than we should have got.

Jim Baxter was my hero. He left Rangers for more money. But he never ever gave less than all he had while wearing our jersey. That is why until this day he deserves every bit of respect from every Rangers fan. There were many like him before Ferguson came along.

I thought his behaviour as a Rangers captain when he returned was a disgrace.

The PLG and Scotland stuff in particular.

Aye he was a great player on his day but not even in the same class as Durrant on or off the field. He always had trouble with self discipline and if it hadn't been for Arthur Newman would have been in a lot more bother during his first spell with us. Even now he's older and should know better he still cant hawd his water and his stupid antics often become public compounding any situations he finds himself in. Its fair to say credit where its due but as far as I'm concerned he gets more credit than he's due.

A fantastic footballer on his day, I loved the wee man, I still do.

However, I'll never understand how a born and bred Rangers man, a club captain and icon, can leave the club for the likes of Blackburn bloody rovers, whatever the politics or financial situation.

In his position, I'd have been dragged kicking and screaming from the club I love.

• 2 weeks later...
Durrant was much worse off the field.

Sorry for the thread necro but I just noticed this reply. I have to disagree with you there GS he was known as a bit of a practical joker etc and up for a laugh but I cant forr the life of me think where the hellraiser tag came from. Very rarely I seen him out in the town clubbing on either Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday which were my working nights back then if he was out it was a mid week on my nights off Monday or Wednesday etc. However if you were talking about McCoist, Neale Cooper or Andy Grey etc then that would be a different matter the least said about that the better tbh. The times where I did see Durrant in a bar in town he was generally very quiet and sat and supped a single drink for most of the night. I never seen him hammered or drunk not once. I will confess that we did see him a lot more after he was injured but even then he was always well behaved.

Sorry for the thread necro but I just noticed this reply. I have to disagree with you there GS he was known as a bit of a practical joker etc and up for a laugh but I cant forr the life of me think where the hellraiser tag came from. Very rarely I seen him out in the town clubbing on either Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday which were my working nights back then if he was out it was a mid week on my nights off Monday or Wednesday etc. However if you were talking about McCoist, Neale Cooper or Andy Grey etc then that would be a different matter the least said about that the better tbh. The times where I did see Durrant in a bar in town he was generally very quiet and sat and supped a single drink for most of the night. I never seen him hammered or drunk not once. I will confess that we did see him a lot more after he was injured but even then he was always well behaved.

Was it David Robertson they called the panel beater because he kicked in a car door?