Is the end game for King drawing near?

At worse he can pull his SA stunt and ignore the court ruling, that would be a very bad move on his part, his own Advocate said in court that would be a criminal offence.

there hasn't been any court ruling though has there

you hoping for something ?

common sense won’t go down well here, king is and always has been a wrong un, some folk wish to repeat the whyte scenario all over again.

Well he's been playing a ridiculously long game considering he was in with Murray all those years ago. Chase yourself.

"union"

Don't make me laugh... the guy has been at the wind up from the off.

A typical 3 names follower who is dying for a negative Rangers story.

It kills his type that despite all the crooks who have had their claws into us - that we are not only standing but getting stronger by the day.

Rangers chief in court

King: ‘I do not have £11m to buyout investors’

By a Daily Business reporter | October 12, 2017

Dave King video

Dave King: denies acting in concert with the ‘Three Bears’

Rangers chief Dave King has told a court he doesn’t have the money to buy all the shares in the club.

Mr King is facing legal proceedings for failing to make an offer to shareholders in the region of £11 million.

He was accused in March of acting in concert with George Letham, George Taylor and Douglas Park – the so-called Three Bears – to acquire more than 30% of the voting rights in Rangers in 2015.

According to takeover rules this breached the point at which an offer for all the remaining shares became mandatory. He was ordered by the Takeover Appeal Board to make an offer by 12 April this year.

His failure to meet the deadline has led to legal proceedings and the case against Mr King is being heard at Edinburgh Court of Session. The judge, Lord Bannatyne, was told on Thursday that he does not have the resources to buyout the shareholders.

The 62-year-old tycoon’s assets are tied up in offshore family trusts.

Lord Davidson of Glen Clova QC, representing Mr King, said an order to force his client to set out a share payout was “pointless”, adding: “He does not happen to have the £10m to £12m needed.”

The court heard that Mr King instructed the purchase of 14.75% of Rangers shares on 31 December 2014, through New Oasis Asset Management Ltd (Noal), based in the British Virgin Islands. The purchase was made two days later.

Together with shares acquired by the Three Bears, it gave them a combined 34.05% of the company,

Mr King denied having any contact with George Letham about buying shares in the club.

But the panel had come across an email sent by Mr Letham the same day that Mr King made the instruction warning him about the threat of having to make a “mandatory offer” if they acquired more then 30%.

Mr King denies acting in concert and says the shares are not owned by him, but by Noal in which he had never been a director and was “in no position to advance their interests”.

The panel challenged this claim saying they found evidence Mr King was able to control Noal’s voting rights.

The hearing continues

Well, that looks like claims and counter-claims with not much meat to the respective bones, so the judge has to decide which claim is more valid.

BTW, I don't think he needs the 11m handy when making that "buy-out" attempt, as not that many will be willing to sell their shares below market value. But I would assume he also does not want to spend a few hundred k on an attempt that is by default doomed from the off. To which the judge may agree to.

in with murray two conmen together !

I actually enjoy reading a contrary view and think it is important that we do challenge our own thinking and the status quo within our football club. However, statements such as the above are unacceptable. By all means put forward your position re King, but when it is just a snidey remark, it doesn't help your argument.

For what its worth:

I am eternally grateful to King for having the fortitude to stand up to Ashley and to rid the club of the s***s.

King is the biggest investor in the history of Rangers Football Club when you factor in his contributions during the Murray era.

Does King have baggage? Yes of course he does, it is well known, but I live in South Africa and the tax avoidance methods that he utilised were legal at the time of inception. Subsequently the rules did change and he probably should have settled much sooner than he did.

Do I wish that he had made the offer to minority shareholders without the need to go to the CoS? Of course, I hate to see us being dragged through the mud by our enemies, and it is even worse when the damage is self inflicted. King is undisputedly wealthy, but much of that wealth is tied up in family trusts and in equity rather than cash but would still rather have him find a solution behind the scenes at the time of the TAB ruling.

Should King still be Chairman? My personal take is that if we can find someone more suitable, then I think that DK would willingly step down. This is not an ego trip for him, would anyone willingly open themselves up to the level of vitriol and hatred that he has been subjected to. Every time he misses a game, his commitment is questioned. Every statement that he releases is criticised. Would any one of us, willingly accept that level of abuse, other than for love of the club?

The more pertinent question is - Who replaces him? Would the Parks step up, Taylor, Leathem? I don't believe so, they all have their own financial interests to focus on. So then who? Are we going to attract a billionaire Chinese or Arab investor? Those billions would quickly become millions in the Scottish game! We offer nothing that they cannot obtain elsewhere (other than our history), but someone looking at a club for an investment would be going to other countries first. So supporters then? Would C1872 have the funds and business acumen to purchase his shareholding and manage the club? Doubtful, we cant even agree on the colour of the sky. How are we going to agree on what is best for Rangers. What other wealthy Rangers supporters is there that are going to fund the club?

King is certainly not above criticism, and I will be first in line to do so should he fail in his sacred duty as a custodian of our club, but equally, to ignore his achievements is either being ignorant or stupid.

king is an out and out crook that you and others are happy to support this skint charlatan is your affair,he would never have got through the door back in the day. did you know he was never a football fan before meeting AJ,also the irony of wanting someone banned for stating simple fact about king while being acolytes of the charlatan is sublime.

once a liar always a liar eh dave !

https://www.biznews.com/undictated/2017/10/13/micromegas-dave-king-rangers-fans/