Is the end game for King drawing near?

I also back King but do believe a couple of his defences make him look like he's at it here.

The one where he doesn't have enough money is a no-goer - if that succeeded then someone can just spend all their money buying 30%-99% in a company and could genuinely claim not to be financially able to make the offer to the rest.

However, it does beg the question of what other routes the person can take - eg can he be forced to sell a 5% tranche of shares - and then what if there is no buyer?

The other argument that he doesn't have a say in the company he used to buy the shares just looks like taking the piss.

For me his main arguments should be about whether or not he was in a concert party due to the circumstances at the time, and the futility of the offer.

I do find the law an ass in that the likes of Whyte can commit an obvious fraud and get away with it because the guy he knew he was defrauding knew he was being defrauded, despite the impact for all the other stakeholders, but someone who helps save the same football club from a bunch of parasites bleeding it dry, might have the law forcing him make an expensively put together offer that just won't be taken up.

,"he would never have got through the door back in the day."

utter guff

He DID get through the door "back in the day" to the tune of £20 million that he lost doing it. Also when he went to Glenwood school in Castlemilk he was a big 'gers supporter

you seem to be an expert on liars....must be the practise

Edited by colinstein

Cal - " For me his main arguments should be about whether or not he was in a concert party due to the circumstances at the time, and the futility of the offer. "

I think only a blind man couldn't see that King was working with the others. They were never out the media being photographed together. I'd say you're right. He's at it.

As for the futility of the offer - again I agree. But them's the rules. I'd assume his lawyer is due a boot in the baws for this one.

,"he would never have got through the door back in the day."

utter guff

He DID get through the door "back in the day" to the tune of £20 million that he lost doing it. Also when he went to Glenwood school in Castlemilk he was a big 'gers supporter

you seem to be an expert on liars....must be the practise

you certainly aren't an expert on Rangers,back in the day is and always has been pre murray another conman.

king is an out and out crook that you and others are happy to support this skint charlatan is your affair,he would never have got through the door back in the day. did you know he was never a football fan before meeting AJ,also the irony of wanting someone banned for stating simple fact about king while being acolytes of the charlatan is sublime.

once a liar always a liar eh dave !

https://www.biznews.com/undictated/2017/10/13/micromegas-dave-king-rangers-fans/

Interesting article. Can you point out to me where Dave King has lied to the fans? If he is to make an offer to purchase the remaining shareholding, you do realise that not one penny of that money goes back into the club. That's not investing in Rangers, it is further rewarding the s***s for raping the club and awarding themselves penny shares.

The magical 30m would be invested over a period of time, but perhaps the fact that this has not been provided up front is proof of his lies? The author of the article is a guy called Alec Hogg, who is a very decent financial journalist, but does appear to have a beef with King.

As I said, no problem with someone not liking or distrusting King. It has been said many times on here, and there are arguments against as well as in support, but there is a manner in which this can be conveyed. I don't think that calling anyone a 'crook' or a 'skint charlatan' is overly helpful, but perhaps I am just a bit precious that way.

I'd much rather people were measured in their criticism. If not, then don't blame me if you find your account locked sooner rather than later.

I don't think anyone sees Dave King as whiter than white but I'd also wager most would much prefer him in charge than other recent chairmen/owners.

king is an out and out crook that you and others are happy to support this skint charlatan is your affair,he would never have got through the door back in the day. did you know he was never a football fan before meeting AJ,also the irony of wanting someone banned for stating simple fact about king while being acolytes of the charlatan is sublime.

once a liar always a liar eh dave !

https://www.biznews.com/undictated/2017/10/13/micromegas-dave-king-rangers-fans/

You, sir, talk pish.

I'd much rather people were measured in their criticism. If not, then don't blame me if you find your account locked sooner rather than later.

I don't think anyone sees Dave King as whiter than white but I'd also wager most would much prefer him in charge than other recent chairmen/owners.

I think there is a certain poster who's post history makes interesting viewing.