Rangers 1 Kilmarnock 1 Post Match Discussion.

I know the Michael Laudrup suggestion was in jest on your timeline, Frankie, but that would be an inspiring choice. He fit into Swansea's philosophy very well, adapting what they had; he's won leagues and reached cup finals; and needs to rebuild his reputation. He'd need money, though.

Edited by Rousseau

I know the Michael Laudrup suggestion was in jest on your timeline, Frankie, but that would be an inspiring choice. He fit into Swansea's philosophy very well, adapting what they had; he's won leagues and reached cup finals; and needs to rebuild his reputation. He'd need money, though.

As would the vast majority of managers - McInnes included.

Does anyone know when Wallace will be back, he was out of form before he got injured but after seeing that on sunday I can't help but think Wallace at LB and John pushed forward in LM might solve a few problems. Would make us more solid for a start and I think switching to a flat 442 would help also. Wee morelos looked very isolated on sunday, he needs a partner up there with him, he gets about and isn't afraid of a challenge but I think that is taking away his ability to get in to good positions to score. as mentioned earlier in the thread big Bruno needs to cut the Hollywood passes, it almost worked on Sunday in the first half but motherwell got wise to it, its frustrating as it bypasses the midfield, then we lose possession and we are under the cosh.

On the managerial suggestions, none of them really excite me or fill me with any great deal of hope we could mount a serious challenge. I'm really not sure where we go from here, I like Perdo, he always comes across really well, has great ideas, just not sure if he is able to get them across. Would you give him another transfer window, will the board back him. do the board trust him to purchase players. The first thing I would do is get Moult, Walker, Mclean and John tied up on pre contracts and offer some cash to get them in just now, we are seriously short of options up top. Would PC ask for different players though.

Will Mark Allen have any input as well, is it not up to him to implement a footballing philosophy within the club, if that's the case I think McInnes, Wright, Allardyce and O'Neill would all be ruled out just going on the tactics that Pedro is trying to implement. We are probably looking at managers like Gio, FDB types. I think the next appointment does need to be someone of significant stature though, it can't be a wild card.

Just another thing while im on here, the standard of refereeing needs a massive overhaul in this country at some point this summer, well the whole of the SFA should be overhauled. the treatment dished out to rangers on sunday was nothing short of scandalous and its not the first time this season, its happened on a number of occasions, we seem to be fair game.

We should and probably do have the players to mix it up but it was way over the line. How on earth do we expect the game to move forward in this country if you can get away with assaulting people on the park and its brushed off by the media as ' Rangers don't have any fight', if the shoe was on the other foot and that was the manky mob, the media would be all over it, I see saint Brenda is already in the news condemning it so that motherwell can't employ the same tactics in the final.

If we can’t play an attacking formation against Kilmarnock at Ibrox and create a barrel load of chances the game really is up. There may be any manner of reasons why we don’t take the chances but if ever we needed a virile performance then tomorrow is it. Unfortunately if Pedro is allowing the same players (notwithstanding Alnwick and Cardoso) to redeem themselves then it means we are going to use Pena and Windass. Pena can only work in that lineup if Dorrans plays further forward. Windass (deep breath required) can only work if he sits on the bye line, takes throw ins and generally keeps out the fecking way and let’s John go forward.

Nemane looks poor for a Man City loanee (he struggled with first touch on Sunday). Doesn’t look as good as Dodoo and frankly he’s only here for 6 months so there is no point playing him in the squad. We’re way beyond keeping clubs like Man City happy. This is must win and that means loading their box which we didn’t do particularly well on Sunday or if we did we made the wrong choices when we got there. If Pedro plays the same line up and tactics and it fails then it will be impossible to defend him anymore. If I am in an existential battle I’m going to kick out players who are not up for the fight and therefore making the same decisions as Sunday makes no sense to me. This is the only part of Pedro press conference I really disagreed with him.

If you read the medias you think "that guy is gone by tomorrow"...

is it really what we want? make the newspaper and opposite fans happy?

He's a cool guy and as we all know by now, doesn't seem to be perfect. Of course, at Rangers you need to deliver results...

What this team needs at this moment is players who stand up for the team, the club and the manager. Guys who lead the team on the field, guys who can be aggressive when needed. Guys who can get angry in interviews.

Guys who make a difference. Wallace is not here, Miller is not here at the moment, so we do have Jack who was a leader in Aberdeen, we have Dorrans. It shouldn't be John or McCrorie who fans go crazy about in the first place, although my new black strip bears McCrories name on it...and proud of it...

Never was it easier to become a Rangers hero, just step up...

Results of the poll are fairly interesting so far with only 31% supporting the manager compared to 45% after the Progrès debacle. That's a decent drop!

In terms of replacements, it seems McInnes and Allardyce are the clear favourites from those suggested.

That's even without my vote.:)