Rangers statement

We are relying on one person who had 2 hours sleep after the semi to state the case. Where is our MD who earns 1/4m per year when HIS playing assets are not being protected appropriately? It’s not one incident it’s a litany of bad and dangerous tackles and it’s not just the manager who should be raising his head above the parapet. There is a lack of back up from Robertson and he is coming across as someone who picks up his salary and hopes it will all be ok one day when he opens the curtains. The statement made yesterday is fair enough (we have no idea who wrote it) but looks more like an isolated moan as the hours pass. I want him to get in front of the cameras and back the manager in this issue, not take a personal risk free approach. The club via the MD needs to publically point out the dangerous tackles list, state what it expects the SFA to do and then hold them accountable. This is not just a Pedro issue.

a wee bit of perspective/patience requried.....

If we want ANY kind of complaint to be noticed, it has to be fully researched & presented in the proper manner. Anything else will be simply dismissed out of hand.

There is no point simply complaining about some specific occurrences...these must be highlighted & compared to similar type events with other teams (case reference....). Unfortunately that takes time, and at the moment we can only hope that this is happening behind the scenes. We can only hope that dialogue is going on between the club & SFA already. The Club MUST go through the correct procedure.

However, that doesn't stop the fans & the likes of C1872 raising the issues with the media or even the SFA.

But I can't stress enough - any moaning/complaining MUST be backed up fully with examples, and counter examples....otherwise it's all see as sour grapes/paranoia.

True...but if we shout loud enough & long enough, while encouraging others to do the same, then the media can't ignore it.

Also, briefing the media fully would be useful - pass them the same evidence that is passed to the SFA etc.

Mate, if we were trying to save Scottish football because somebody somewhere was attempting to shut it down I doubt if any supporters from any other club would lend us a hand.

The hatred runs deep with these people.

The media are only interested in reporting on us if there is scandal involved or hinted at or our manager is talking like a clueless clown. Anything else gets twisted or lost.; We'll get no help from that shower.

Tell me how boycotting Tynecastle, or Kilmarnock, or the piggery, gets referees to treat us fairly, or gets us a fair compliance officer?

It is not the other member clubs (bar one who runs the show) who are making referees cheat, so why take it out on them.

We are supposed to be building bridges with the likes of Hearts, Killie, Ross County, Motherwell who can help prevent the tims running roughshod over our game, ruining it like they have done without our presence at the top level for the last decade or so.

We cannot get any changes or fairness at the top while it is in the firm grip of our direct enemy. However it is a democratic organisation and as such, if we gain enough support among our fellow clubs, we can demand equality knowing we have the votes to get things done. This is how the tims got to power, while we went to sleep and treated our fellow clubs with contempt.

I will start building bridges when they do. If you read social media at all you will see that the depth of hatred towards us runs very deep. Until and unless there is a recognition from these clubs fans that WE subsidise them and their clubs then they can go fuck themselves as far as I am concerned.

2012 - Rangers demoted. Rangers and its fans are told to "move on".

2017 - Final verdict in the tax case. Supporters of every other SPFL club are invited (and indeed do) to join some new supporters association which says it is "open to all Scottish team's supporters, except Rangers fans" in order that they can continue to push through the stripping of titles and further, continued punishment of all things Rangers. In other words.... Rangers fans should move on but everyone else can continue to drag up the past and look for additional punitive punishments towards Rangers... in other words, they don't need to move on but we do.

Fuck that.

And in the intervening 5 years almost every club in the top tier has shows disdain and contempt towards us. Indeed, the only clubs and only fans who have actually shown us some form of brotherhood and sanity have been those who we have subsidized for years coming through the divisions. They, for the vast majority, welcomed us with open arms and actually made it somewhat fun on the "journey".

As soon as we hit the top tier again though the knives were out and the sharpened teeth drawn. The top tier in Scotland, plus its vomit-inducing fans. is toxic. It is rotten to its core. I, for one, wont be building bridges until THEY show the contrition we were accused of lacking back in 2012.

a wee bit of perspective/patience requried.....

If we want ANY kind of complaint to be noticed, it has to be fully researched & presented in the proper manner. Anything else will be simply dismissed out of hand.

There is no point simply complaining about some specific occurrences...these must be highlighted & compared to similar type events with other teams (case reference....). Unfortunately that takes time, and at the moment we can only hope that this is happening behind the scenes. We can only hope that dialogue is going on between the club & SFA already. The Club MUST go through the correct procedure.

However, that doesn't stop the fans & the likes of C1872 raising the issues with the media or even the SFA.

But I can't stress enough - any moaning/complaining MUST be backed up fully with examples, and counter examples....otherwise it's all see as sour grapes/paranoia.

I agree Darther but there is a list of incidents already and of course it needs presented properly. if the incidents continue then we go back again in the same manner and ask why they are continuing or why there was no appropriate response etc. We are well into the season and past the first quarter. It’s these guys (MD/PR) jobs to get on the front foot. If Pedro can do it then they should support him We’re all doing this part time on message boards. I disliked some of the hasty statements that have been made previously and fully understand the need for an effective comms strategy, tactics and to pick our fights carefully but there is enough evidence to start to hold the SFAs feet to the fire and for senior executives to step forward. We are not being allowed to play football because of the inconsistency and incompetence of referees. That damages our assets and it loses the club money through league position. If other clubs are happy with referees that is up to them but until we start holding the SFA to account to uphold the laws of the game opposing teams will continue to kick us off the park in an unfair manner. This is just asking people in our club to do their job and to make sure the SFA do their job. We are paying their salaries

Tannochside Bear the power of boycott is to make a statement that we are not happy with the way the SFA are running the refereeing side of our game. The other clubs when hit in the pocket will soon come round to the validity of that complaint and we will see whether they want decent football or rugby league. Right now rubbish referees suit some of the other clubs because they can level the playing field by over physical tactics which doesn’t only threaten player safety but it also reduces our game more generally as good football is stifled. You could argue that their tactics are a puzzle we should solve. I don’t think we should be solving that puzzle when the referees are paid to do it.

Tell me how boycotting Tynecastle, or Kilmarnock, or the piggery, gets referees to treat us fairly, or gets us a fair compliance officer?

It is not the other member clubs (bar one who runs the show) who are making referees cheat, so why take it out on them.

We are supposed to be building bridges with the likes of Hearts, Killie, Ross County, Motherwell who can help prevent the tims running roughshod over our game, ruining it like they have done without our presence at the top level for the last decade or so.

We cannot get any changes or fairness at the top while it is in the firm grip of our direct enemy. However it is a democratic organisation and as such, if we gain enough support among our fellow clubs, we can demand equality knowing we have the votes to get things done. This is how the tims got to power, while we went to sleep and treated our fellow clubs with contempt.

Who knows how a boycott would ultimately change things? However, what we can say for a fact, is that the fans of every club in the Premier has shown nothing but disdain, if not outright hatred towards us, since the return. Building bridges? Robertson has tried that, and yet here we are with possibly the biggest blatant GIRFUY from the compliance officer that could be slapped in our faces. What are we paying for an away day ticket now? Was Hearts at GBP50 or thereabouts? 14 000 x 50 = GBP700k x 2 matches per season = GBP1,4m. Trust me, if that money disappears from a club's coffers, the pressure that they immediately feel from their bank managers would bring pressure onto the clubs, who in turn would apply that pressure onto the SPFL. Alternatively, they cut their cloth accordingly and downsize their club accordingly, which weakens them accordingly. We would still have all the hatred aimed at us, but how is that any different from the current position?

Serious question; do any of the posters on here think Steven McLean purposely decided to ignore poor tackles and dangerous play because he wanted Rangers to lose on Sunday? Are there posters on here that think Steven McLean is deliberately anti-Rangers?

For what it's worth I don't.

We need to be careful here. It's not Hearts, or St Johnstone's or Ross County's fault that Scottish referees are poor and quite how boycotting their grounds improves that situation is currently lost on me. I've also yet to read or hear any of the media supporting the ref on Sunday, everyone I've heard has criticised the refereeing performance, particularly the assault on Cardosa. Every supporter I've spoken too since Sunday, even Celtic supporters, agreed it was a terrible decision.

I find myself in agreement with Tannochside Bear again. If we want to affect change at the SFA and the SPFL we need to box clever and we need to find allies. Craig, don't judge the world by social media, most people aren't rabid hatred driven moon howlers. I've actually been surprised at the attitude of many supporters I've met recently, most are bored with the 'punish Rangers' narrative still being pushed and are quite happy to 'move on'.

The siting of Alves from Sunday is baffling only in that he's the only one. None of us can complain he's been sited, he deserves to be, just why hasn't Bowman been too. I can only assume the booking Moult got on Sunday was for the kick during the Alves incident and so it's been deemed to have been dealt with. But lashing out at every other club in the league is not going to make any difference to this decision or similar ones in the future. One thing we've learned about Scottish football recently is it's propensity for self-harm. If anyone thinks us boycotting going to Kilmarnock matches is going to somehow lead to changes in how referees and compliance officers work I'd say they've not been paying attention recently.

Serious question; do any of the posters on here think Steven McLean purposely decided to ignore poor tackles and dangerous play because he wanted Rangers to lose on Sunday? Are there posters on here that think Steven McLean is deliberately anti-Rangers? For what it's worth I don't. We need to be careful here. It's not Hearts, or St Johnstone's or Ross County's fault that Scottish referees are poor and quite how boycotting their grounds improves that situation is currently lost on me. I've also yet to read or hear any of the media supporting the ref on Sunday, everyone I've heard has criticised the refereeing performance, particularly the assault on Cardosa. Every supporter I've spoken too since Sunday, even Celtic supporters, agreed it was a terrible decision. I find myself in agreement with Tannochside Bear again. If we want to affect change at the SFA and the SPFL we need to box clever and we need to find allies. Craig, don't judge the world by social media, most people aren't rabid hatred driven moon howlers. I've actually been surprised at the attitude of many supporters I've met recently, most are bored with the 'punish Rangers' narrative still being pushed and are quite happy to 'move on'. The citing of Alves from Sunday is baffling only in that he's the only one. None of us can complain he's been cited, he deserves to be, just why hasn't Bowman been too. I can only assume the booking Moult got on Sunday was for the kick during the Alves incident and so it's been deemed to have been dealt with. But lashing out at every other club in the league is not going to make any difference to this decision or similar ones in the future. One thing we've learned about Scottish football recently is it's propensity for self-harm. If anyone thinks us boycotting going to Kilmarnock matches is going to somehow lead to changes in how referees and compliance officers work I'd say they've not been paying attention recently.
No I do't think that at all. If I did then the charge of 'Rangers statement is paranoid' by many journalists would have some degree of weight to it.However so far the only player cited for actions that happened on the park is Alves. I'm confused as to why a waist high challenge on Morelos went completely unpunished during the game, no foul, no card and apparently merits no examination by the CO. The challenge wasn't late, it wasn't a swing and a miss catching him on the follow through, like Garners last year... remember how much attention that got in the media? It was a deliberate waist height challenge taking a player out with no attempt to play the ball. According to Sutton it was a foul but that's kinda it as Morelos apparently goes down too easily. Why its not considered to be dangerous or even violent conduct because it was deliberate and should merit examination from the Co I have no idea. There were many, many more challenges and fouls in Sundays game that went unnoticed than there were that were noticed.

Further to that its quite noticeable, commentary during games and the MSM, how Rangers players are expected to behave during games, if they don't they are cited by CO, while others are admonished. The issue I have with it is that Mr Mc Leans performance was one of incompetence bordering on negligence and as far as I'm concerned he should never referee another professional match again. Is it going to take a player from any team getting a head knock and collapsing on the pitch for the authorities to take action against this because if it is, I tell you right now, my heart goes out to the poor player and their family if that is the case.

EDIT: Incidentally my opinion on the Morelos challenge which the referee clearly seen as he was looking at it as it happened was that he bottled it. He knew it was a foul knew if he stopped the game for it the Well player would have to go and so he bottled it. Do your job!

Edited by Big Jaws

I have always mocked the other mob with their conspiracy nonsense and have always been loathe to call any Ref a cheat.

I stand by the refs not being cheats I think the level of refereeing in Scotland is dire not corrupt, nor part of a conspiracy.

That said this compliance guy Tony McGlennan is a different kettle of fish on a Friday altogether.

How come he sees only Bruno and doesn’t see the assault on Cardoso.

If Bruno is to be punished then there should be at least two Motherwell players joining him on the banned list.

No other club has had so many after the game punishments as Rangers going back to,Souness in the tunnel in the 1980s.

Butcher ,Woods and Big Graham Roberts , Duncy Ferguson etc.

This has to be challenged enough is enough

Edited by Barrheadboy
Spelling errors

John Mc - " We need to be careful here. It's not Hearts, or St Johnstone's or Ross County's fault that Scottish referees are poor and quite how boycotting their grounds improves that situation is currently lost on me. "

A couple of questions; when these constantly poor decisions are made against Rangers who is it that benefits ? Certainly not Rangers.

Who is it outside Ibrox who benefits from the Blue Pound ?

Do you forget that it was Celtic who brought about the referees strike ? Could you point me in ANY contentious decision that has gone AGAINST Celtic since the referees took action ?

My point is, we as Rangers fans have very few options left to us apart from causing harm to the rest of our league. Our board released a statement. Our fans reps have done nothing that I've seen. So what other action can we take ?