The Pedro Thread

By the referee, certainly. The last few games have been ruined by refereeing that's consistently bizarre and inexplicable, tonight was right up there with the sordid worst of them. I don't pretend to understand what's going on but the darkest suspicions are surviving every eliminating round.

Can I ask what made the referee so bad tonight in your eyes? It was not a faultless performance but it never will be. Jack put himself in a position to be sent off. 2 minutes at the end of the game is that such a big deal? Going the way the game was going it may have saved us a point. During a game in Holland last night the referee gave a player a yellow card. The video referee asked the ref to look at his decision. He did and produced a red card minutes after his original decision. I guess the same happened tonight without the video. The referee trusted his assistants saw it better than he did. I really don't think this is a bad decision and wish they would converse more with the assistants. Video is much, much better of course.

You know guys the referee conspiracy theory would hold a lot more water if we hadn't been awarded a penalty in the 89th minute whilst 1-0 up.

Was it a penalty ? If so then you can hardly use that as justification that there is no conspiracy. He would simply have been doing his job and getting it right.

If, on the other hand, what has been stated this evening about numerous incidents which went against us... then at some point you have to question whether they are simply mistakes or something entirely more sinister.

Was it a penalty ? If so then you can hardly use that as justification that there is no conspiracy. He would simply have been doing his job and getting it right.

If, on the other hand, what has been stated this evening about numerous incidents which went against us... then at some point you have to question whether they are simply mistakes or something entirely more sinister.

It was, but I've seen them not given. I suggest you watch the match Craig before pulling me up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post

Can I ask what made the referee so bad tonight in your eyes? It was not a faultless performance but it never will be. Jack put himself in a position to be sent off. 2 minutes at the end of the game is that such a big deal? Going the way the game was going it may have saved us a point. During a game in Holland last night the referee gave a player a yellow card. The video referee asked the ref to look at his decision. He did and produced a red card minutes after his original decision. I guess the same happened tonight without the video. The referee trusted his assistants saw it better than he did. I really don't think this is a bad decision and wish they would converse more with the assistants. Video is much, much better of course.

When did Scottish football announce it would be using video evidence ? I must have missed that announcement.

I never said it did I said the same happened without the video. The referee trusted that his assistants saw it better than him. It is pretty obvious that the decision was changed after a conversation with his assistants. That is great in my eyes and should happen more often.

Edited by pete

This is why I love forums.

1. Start a thread for the explicit purpose of discussing the manager's prospects.

2. Give the thread an unambiguous name.

3. Explain what people should discuss in your original post.

4. ???

5. Read a series of posts about the referee. :roflmao2:

It's got everything to do with tonight's result dB, keep up.

He did his job when awarding the penalty? That we didn't take it was our fault, no problem. That does not relieve him of his other shortcomings though? But by comparison to Sunday, he did almost okay.

I am a wee bit confused I thought Pedro was confined to the stand,but I suppose he used a "runner or radio" to carry out instructions if so his leadership tonight was atrocious and serious thought must be given to his tenure.