Board meeting held earlier today: Caixinha insists he's still in charge

Interestingly, last evening BBC Radio Scotland played a minute long clip of a fifteen minute recorded interview with Souness. The whole interview will be broadcast Sunday afternoon. The panel at Pittodrie last evening was Richard Gordon, Liam McLeod, Wullie Miller, Tom English, Chris McLaughlin, and Pat Bonner. Covering the Rangers game from BBC Scotland's HQ at Pacific Quay, was the retired Chick Young. Souness offered the demise of Scottish football being the result of the demise of Rangers. The reaction from Pittodrie was venomous and vitriolic. Several minutes of traducing a most successful Scottish player and manager.

Chick Young asked, "why bother interviewing him"? They turned on him, all six of them were determined not to allow Chick to make a point.

To be fair Bonner behaved. The ex bankrupt Miller was beside himself with indignation and seething. He was actually talking about prudent managing of budgets. Bit laughable from a bankrupt. Gordon was his usual smug arrogant self but putting the boot in at every opportunity.

Edited by Walterbear

No one seems to know who to bring in, which is a bit of a problem. I'd opt for Tommy Wright but appreciate others will disagree. We need someone steady, reliable and who knows the Scottish game.

Appointing a manager from the same league, will not allow us to improve IMHO.....The likes of Wright & McInnes are doing well at their respective clubs, but neither are receiving massive plaudits or interest from other/bigger clubs.

IF we are to replace PC, the board MUST follow Ceptics lead & splash the cash on a manager with a good rep from a better league ie. EPL.

Appointing a manager from the same league, will not allow us to improve IMHO.....The likes of Wright & McInnes are doing well at their respective clubs, but neither are receiving massive plaudits or interest from other/bigger clubs.

IF we are to replace PC, the board MUST follow Ceptics lead & splash the cash on a manager with a good rep from a better league ie. EPL.

Harry Redknapp is a fair shout? Alan Pardew? FDB? It’s hard to find a realistic choice that potentially promises progress and success?

Alan Pardew is pish! disliked at palace & Newcastle. He thinks of himself as the big I am. no thanks!

Well rather than just point out flaws, can you offer any suitable candidates you would think might be appropriate? Personally I think Redknapp ticks all th boxes. If we could get him? When he left Birmingham he said he was desperate to stay in football.

Edited by cooponthewing

If we didn't already have the position filled, I'd possibly consider him in a DoF position... I don't think his tactics quite work for how we would like to see the team playing. It would be a short term fix though and if he can shore up the defence (we have the quality there...) it would go along way to turning our fortunes around. Negative football is negative football but it did get us to a European final...

We already have a DoF. :)

None of the names mentioned excite me. They're all old-fashioned, reactive British managers that don't really have a clue about the way the game is played in Europe or the way the game is going. (Rodgers is one of the few that does know this philosophy, unfortunately...).

I think we need a German-style coach: they have a modern passing, proactive philosophy, and an intensity that will adapt to our game. Wagner and Farke are doing very well at Huddersfield and Norwich, respectively. Does Thomas Tuchel not want to take a step down... or Nagelsmann?? :D

I do see, and accept, the need for a 'steady hand' but I can't really see that 'steady hand' taking us forward. Moreover, Rodgers will trounce any 'steady hand', IMO...

Edited by Rousseau