Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I don't think it is too much to ask that we see a Rangers side winning and playing good football, given the standard of most of the opposition.

The evidence in front of your eyes every week clearly tells you it is too much to hope for at this time. Perhaps at some point in the future it will be different but a team that just got humiliated AGAIN is unlikely to fulfil your ambitions for silky football. Perhaps we should be realistic and take one aspiration at a time.

Iv always been comfortable with the idea of Eck coming back. I’d have had him in when we took PC.

It’s not a sexy appointment in the slightest.

to spend five weeks or more selecting a new manager only to come up with Eck is the sort of action that will severely dent the board's credibility

to spend five weeks or more selecting a new manager only to come up with Eck is the sort of action that will severely dent the board's credibility

I agree. This is something that could have been done weeks ago. Still doesn’t change the fact I’d be happy with Eck. I’d be happy with Gio, Carlo Ancelotti, Louis Enrique, Louis Van Gaal and Zidane, but we can only dream. Eck is realistic for me at this point in time, and a better option than McInnes.

I agree. This is something that could have been done weeks ago. Still doesn’t change the fact I’d be happy with Eck. I’d be happy with Gio, Carlo Ancelotti, Louis Enrique, Louis Van Gaal and Zidane, but we can only dream. Eck is realistic for me at this point in time, and a better option than McInnes.

I bloody wouldn't

This is getting ridiculous now. It is all good and well taking a bit of time to ensure another mistake isn't made like the last time, but that goodwill only exists while the interim keeps winning. We now look like going to Dens under Murty again, where his side got soundly whipped back in March while we waited on us buying out Pedro's contract, with a dolly double header to quickly follow.

If it works out that we appoint someone who was available from the outset (a McInnes or a McLeish for example) then the board and DOF look like amateur idiots, which I am sure they are not.

I still have a little faith that we are going to appoint someone not linked and whose CV jumped out at them, due diligence done and the time taken turning out to be well spent, but that is probably more what I want to happen and not what i expect to happen.

The Dolly fixtures should always have been the furthest away possible deadline for this to be concluded, and if Murty picks that side then major questions have to be answered.

The evidence in front of your eyes every week clearly tells you it is too much to hope for at this time. Perhaps at some point in the future it will be different but a team that just got humiliated AGAIN is unlikely to fulfil your ambitions for silky football. Perhaps we should be realistic and take one aspiration at a time.

Yes you are right. Against Hamilton I saw a team which could not pass the ball, could not tackle, could not control the ball and could not find the target. I expect too much.