Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Since this is been going on for as long as it has, and Aberdeen repeatedly said that they have not been approached - yet we have closed the application phase, I would assume McInnes ain't the "so-called" No. 1 Board choice that he is being made out. Imagine the shitstorm if we had dealt with him behind Aberdeen's back.

Maybe "the club" wants to wait and see how the AGM goes, so the Board knows what sort of finances they will have available in January ... though that may be stretching it a little.

Edited by der Berliner

"Derek made his position very clear to me," Milne told Aberdeen's website. "He has no intention of going anywhere. He loves this club."

That lost sentence is enough to put me right off McInnes.

In other words "Derek is going nowhere". Could not have put it better myself:)

It seems now that scenario has come to an end,but I have some sympathy for McInnes in that he was allegedly favourite last time and overlooked for Caxinho and now this saga.

He is a young man and has to look after his own future.

The worry now is who the hell will we get????

It seems now that scenario has come to an end,but I have some sympathy for McInnes in that he was allegedly favourite last time and overlooked for Caxinho and now this saga.

He is a young man and has to look after his own future.

The worry now is who the hell will we get????

This has gone on too long now. A new manager needs to be appointed for everyone's sake.

If the board got rid off Perdo & weren't unanimous in who they wanted to replace him then that is very worrying indeed. A board should not dismiss a manager unless they have a replacement lined up.

Warburton was different because he effectively resigned himself out of the job. Pedro was sacked.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Still think that the Board may dismiss a manager, but the DoF is the one who selects a new one and proposes him to the Board. It might well be that the people the Board or DoF had in mind in the first place, simply weren't willing to come?

They should have had someone ready in waiting before they got rid off Pedro

Edited by RANGERRAB

They should have had someone ready in waiting before they got rid off Pedro

That is what happens all over the place and that is probably the reason why most other clubs burn more managers in two decades than we do in 140odd years. But rest assured, I'm with you here.

BTW, Graham Potter's Östersunds SK just beat Luhansk in the Europa League and top the table in their group ahead of Atletico Bilbao, Hertha Berlin and Luhansk.